Mugen 2 vs Xigmatek HDT S-1283

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by goblinsly, Oct 20, 2013.

1. goblinsly

goblinsly Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 260 GTX
    Hey everyone,

I have both this coolers at home and i cant decide which one to sell and which one to use. I checked a few reviews and its hard to get both of those coolers in the same test to compare. I did find xigmatek HDT S-1283 and Mugen 1 in this test:

http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2233&page=5

Here mugen is better. But if you look here, xigmatek is better:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-cooler-charts,1967-9.html

Anyway, before i go spending a whole day which i dont have testing which cooler is better, what is your opinion ?

2. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Where are you going to purchase either of those? I can't even find them on Google shopping because they are both so old. If you give us your budget we can help you find a good/best cooler for the price range.

3. XBEAST

XBEAST Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770 Gaming
    Hard to tell. They're very different by specs and design. Mugen 2 is a big and heavyweight cooler that by specs might seem better. But S1283 is very similar to SilverStone Argon AR01, which is a great performer that usually outperforms bigger and more expensive coolers.

Anyway, best thing to do is try them out yourself.

4. goblinsly

goblinsly Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 260 GTX
    scoter man1: I already have both of those coolers. :)

5. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    AH! That makes a lot more sense. Yeah, just do what XBEAST said. Experimentation always yields the most accurate results. Otherwise, we're just guessing as much as you. :nerd: