Battlefield 4 in October 2013?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    i'd upgrade your monitor first...seems quite a low res for your setup.

2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    so to keep it safe, u need an i5 2500k, and a more powerful card than the gtx 650, to run this game as a minimum requirement for above 30-35 fps experience in all situations on screen, not to mention which resolution ur at!! so quite an extensive game i suppose for even an experienced gamer,as one critic once said, only a millionaire can max crysis 3, same goes to BF3!!!!

3. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    well if you can run x2/x4 aa and 16xaf with some settings lowered on a 22-24inch screen that's still going to be one hell of a ride.

yes it does take quite a beastly setup to run ultra across the board but taking a step or two down isnt such a disaster.

p.s could run bf3 fine myself by tweaking a few things.

4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i'm talking about having a safe stutter lag free experience, as many mentioned better not play the game in multiplayer if u can't maintain 60 fps in heavy fire with a map of 64 players while using high settings with ssao,AA deffered 4x msaa, but that's gonna require an i7 at 3.8 with 2 gtx 560s,,, now this isn't free as it can get!!!

5. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Graphics can always be turned down to take load of the gpu, but a online game with 64 players a sound engine that runs on its own core and physics on another is always going to bottleneck a cpu.

You could always stick to 32 player servers.

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    for me it seems u are defending the game as saying it doesn't have to be more optimized for the average to experienced pc gamer to be able to play the game and not have headaches with buying new hardware and what works for him to play at 60 fps a multiplayer game of this kind, if i'm wrong please correct me.

7. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    No you are been unreasonable to expect a title as advance as bf3/4 to run on such old hardware at perfect 60fps in 64 player matches the game is optomized and scales just fine to old i5's and even 460+ series. But hat cpu is 6 years old you expect game's to have not moved on since then?

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    ok now i got what i want, the game is playable then on an i5 and gtx 400 series, with no dips in fps that may make it an obstacle for kill streaks and scores, but on which settings?which resolution?

9. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    We won't know about performance until the Beta has hit. There were some tests done for the alpha, but performance should be better in the final version

Frostbite 3 is probably more optimized, but also more demanding once you're turning the settings up.

Hardware hasn't advanced THAT much since Battlefield 3 was released, never the less when it comes to CPU performance. And Dice is still bound by the restrictions of DX11

10. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    So if you get a i5 2500 or something older like a i5-760 both have 4 cores and can oc quite easy we had a huge jump in performance when i5/7 were first released.

on the gpu 460's are stil pretty good but you could probably get a GTX 660 2GB for cheap (here in the uk they are very cheap and they are not too shabby on performance) that 2gb vram would also be perfect for bf3 and probably for bf4 too.

If you stick to the resolution you are currently playing at then you could get 60 fps no problem if you lower some of the settings ( msaa is a killer even on high end rigs, mesh quality is another)

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Yeah a 660 non-ti version are pretty cheap in Europe, they should be easily cheap to get second hand.

12. Lemonking

Lemonking Master Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 4090 OC
    still no beta news>

13. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I wouldn't expect a beta anytime before September

14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    yeah well my native is 1440*900, i wish i am in the uk, but will see what i can do, if i get an i5 760 with a gtx 650(110-120$ on newegg) from the us if a relative comes by.

15. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Gamescom is the next big event for bf4, we might see some beta news as it will be pretty close at that point.

16. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    What I want to know is when will we see, "Assassin's Cry of Duty: The Modern Colonial Marines Warfare Crysis"? That way I can play 6 games at once!

17. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    It's out now.
    Google is your friend.
    :cheers:

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  19. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Also you can use a second monitor as a minimap/map.

also frostbite 3 officially supports up/down scaling.

20. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    phone integration...just what you need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.