Review: be quiet! Silent Loop 360 LCS kit

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We review the new be quiet! Silent Loop 360, an All-in-One Liquid cooling kit that is very decent in performance with a 360mm rad and three Pure Wings 2 fans. These liquid cooling kits are pre-fitted ...

Review: be quiet! Silent Loop 360 LCS kit

2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Looks very luxurious. And huge.

3. Jawnys

Jawnys Master Guru

GPU:
    asus tuf oc 3090
    would be nice to see the reviews with liquid metal used between the ihs and the waterblock since this cooler allows it if im not mistaken

4. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I don't think it would make a massive difference or more accurately perhaps wouldn't make any difference at all - the bottleneck in heat transfer is the rubbish thermal paste that Intel use inbetween their silicon chip and the IHS. Now, if you delid the CPU and replace the rubbish Intel thermal paste with liquid metal, then that would be an interesting inclusion into these cooling tests, because it would better expose the limitations & capacities of these cooling systems. As it stands now we can't really see the limits of these cooling systems because the thermal paste inbetween the CPU & IHS is the limiting factor. (In fact the full capacities of these cooling systems in terms of Watts of cooling is nowhere near being used, the heat can't transfer through the crappy Intel thermal paste fast enough to challenge these cooling systems).

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017

5. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    the 240mm one is really fiddly to put on. The 4 screws can move and it makes paste application a nightmare you'll need to try a few times. Still going to 80c on a 7700k

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    It works as designed. I mean your CPU.

7. Bigbeard1986

Bigbeard1986 Guest

GPU:
    16gb
    How is the corsair h110gt always ahead of larger and thicker coolers?

8. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    It has the right fans and pump for a compromise between sheer volume, rpm and noise. Basically Corsair's been aiming for 'bearably noisy' ever since their first AIO liquid cooler and trying to improve on what they had so far, with the occasional massive improvement like the H80i beating the first H100 iirc...never expected that.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  9. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    And ott for a cpu only loop

10. DrGluttonius

DrGluttonius Guest

GPU:
    Geforce gtx 970
    It's still puzzling that no other company has managed to beat them at AiO though. Every test, for years and years, they come out on top. When I first read about the Be Quiet 360 I was sure that it would actually beat the h110 at least. Competetion is always good, whcih is why i would like to see someone beat Corsair for once.

11. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    I swapped my fans for 2 Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC 3000RPM PWM 140mm High Performance Fans and now its silent, problem with the corsair h110gt is the default profile for quiet.....it isn't, the corsair fans supplied need to be below 650rpm for the quiet mode.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  12. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I'm wondering is this actually good for 8+ cores OC'ed cpu from AMD/Intel? I think that is the next step because there are plenty of solutions for 4 or maybe 6 core owners.