NVIDIA compatibility bits master thread and IQ guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GuruKnight, Sep 9, 2014.

1. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Since this is UE3.5 DX9; 0x02402005, 0x42402005 or 0x02406405 are usually good candidates :)
    In some rare cases SLI bit #20 or #9 is needed for full scaling, in which case you might want to try "0x02502005" or "0x02402205".

And you should ALWAYS use AFR2 in DX9, AFR is mostly used in DX10+ these days.
    The role of the actual SLI "profile" is to ensure maximum performance, and prevent general compatibility issues or other glitches.

BTW I have also found a nice SLI profile "0x02400005" and SGSSAA flag "0x004010C1" for Of Orcs and Men, but just haven't gotten around to addding this to the spreadsheet yet:
    http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10623897&postcount=1989

2. robb

robb Active Member

GPU:
    2 x GTX 970 STRIX
    Yeah, I figured any one of the UE3.5 flags would do, which seems to be the case. The modified flags aren't needed specifically for this game--or rather I should say don't change performance (although you taught me something I never bothered to realize :) ).

3. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    The spreadsheet should now be completely updated with the latest AA, AO and SLI profiles.
    As always all major changes can be found in the "Changelog", linked at the bottom of the OP.
    I continue to be amazed at how many quality driver AA and HBAO+ profiles, we can still squeeze out of new and older titles with a DX9 render path.

There would be practically no limit to the amazing stuff we could accomplish with better DX11 AA and AO driver options.
    DSR+FXAA/TXAA is such a poor substitute for real driver SSAA modes :(

I still encourage people to vote for the DX11 AA petition, if anything just to show NVIDIA that we still care about proper driver AA modes in modern APIs:
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/544701/geforce-drivers/petition-for-directx-11-anti-aliasing-driver-profiles/

4. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex

5. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    For Deus Ex: Invisible War and Thief: Deadly Shadows the MSAA (0x00000041) bit is causing some flashing moving around, with the lastest driver package.

Can anyone test?

6. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
  7. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    Only tested pure MSAA (no transparency)

Still flashing moving around.

8. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
    Well, IIRC, this flashing issue is related to Bloom, so, disabling it in main menu should fix this :/ , will install tomorrow to confirm.

9. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    Damn, without bloom there's no point to use forced MSAA.

10. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
    The issue is only present in recent drivers, tried with iCafe 340.72 and the issue is gone, so rolling back drivers is the only solution. ( OR a new flag)

Well, atleast forced HBAO+ behavior stayed the same :banana:

Edit: Great news! 0x000000C1 is working without issues for pure MSAA or MSAA+TsSSAA (needs more testings) when using iCafe 352.94 :kermit:

Last edited: May 29, 2015

11. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    Will try! Thanks man!

12. Zoson

Zoson Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 2080
    I'm hoping someone here can explain how sli flags work.
    When nvidia implemented sli in titanfall they chose 0x020000F5 for the DX11 sli compatibility bits. This causes lightflares to flicker and also causes some lightbleed occasionally through walls.
    It's been said a few times 'I think flag 25 is responsible' - but I have seen no explanation as to what flag 25 is, and how to 'unset' it.
    I tried a few of the suggested 'these are good to try for DX11 games' but none of them seemed to provide scaling anywhere near what 0x020000F5 gives.
    Thanks!

13. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
  14. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Thanks for the Alien: Isolation screenshots, pedigrew :)
    The shadow depth effect is quite subtle, but as long as it has no serious issues I see no problem in listing it.

The official SLI driver profile (0x020000F5) is completely optimal in terms of SLI scaling for Titanfall, and the light flare issues are purely engine related.
    The only way of fixing this multi GPU issue is through a game patch made by the developers.

DX11 SLI bit #25 gives the extra "2" in 0x020000F5.
    Without this compatibility bit the profile is simply 0x000000F5, which is equivalent of basic AFR 2 mode.
    But unfortunately you can't remove bit #25 without breaking scaling, as you discovered yourself.
    Hope this helps clear up the confusion ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a more general note, I have now updated the master list spreadsheet with a couple HBAO+ flags discovered by "Blade II" for Enclave and the DX9 version of Tomb Raider (2013).
    Other than these couple of changes, not much has been going on in the area of customized driver profiles in the last month or so.

Personally I'm spending this "downtime" to plan a new PC system build.
    Overall I'm very impressed by the new GTX 980 Ti cards, and intend on combining a couple of factory overclocked EVGA or ASUS cards with a 5930K CPU.
    Could also be interesting to use one of my old GTX 780's as a dedicated PhysX card, to permit optimal SLI scaling in PhysX heavy titles ;)

15. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    A couple questions:

In Nvidia Inspector, under TrSSAA settings, you have 2x, 4x and 8x Supersampling etc. But there is another option below 2x that just says "Supersampling". Is this 1x?

Antialiasing Gamma Correction, I know what this setting does but is it best to have it On or Off nowadays?

16. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
    This in SLI would be awesome.

17. Zoson

Zoson Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 2080
    Thanks for the explanation GuruKnight. It does clear up the confusion. I'm now left wondering if there's a list of the various SLI compatibility flags and what they're supposed to do? Is there a list of them somewhere?

I'm also failing to understand how exactly the '2' in 0x020000F5 relates to '25' since it seems to be a hex qword? Or am I looking for something that doesn't exist because the number of the compatibility flag has no relation other than that defined by nvidia within the qword?

18. Guzz

Guzz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    [​IMG]
    This '25' related to Nvidia Inspector bit value editor.
    [​IMG]

19. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Never mind.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  20. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Two of these are on their way now :D
    Thank you very much for the suggestion BTW.

I'm also working on a few general improvements to this thread and the spreadsheet, but won't have time to implement anything until my new PC system is up and running.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015