AMD Catalyst 12.x (8.950.5 February 24) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Mar 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Cause there a bunch of ass holes. all of those features above should work on 69xx series cards aswell not just 79xx series cards.

its called making money to AMD/ATI afterall there a business.. tricking people into upgrading.

2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    I think you might be overreacting a little..

AA i can understand to some extent, as the 7900 is more powerful, and it may bog down the 6900...

but MLAA is just a shader algorithm, i see no need to exclude 6900 series...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    k.

this driver set is definitely a keeper until something better comes out. i can confirm bf3, alan wake and warhammer 40k space marine play alot beter. the light flickering with borderlands is gone as well. i was starting to loose hope. but i guess 3 months after the fact is better than not happening at all. :nerd:

EDIT:

thanks asder00 for the driver. :thumbup:

4. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Self Centering yourself won't change anything. Those of us that upgraded to the 7900 series understand the potential there, and of course we have a means to do so.

If you just blindly claim things like this, and let anger rise to spell our your comments, you won't understand.

If AMD/ATI believe that the 6 series can handle it without major bugs, they will do so when they are ready officially.

5. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i just tried me3 with this code branch, and MLAA on, it seems to be using MLAA 2.0 on my 6950, as the text, while a bit overstaurated, and a tiny bit blurry, its deffinately not all messed up like the MLAA 1.0 was...

my big test is starcraft ii, but i cant seem to get Radeon Pro to apply the profile so i cant tell...

I cant even get the render mode overlays to show up which was my indicator that the profiles were applying. It doesnt show up for me3 either, but at least i know the profile is being applied as the text deff changes.

i think perhaps it works for cards prior to 7900, they just aren't going to acknowledge it so they don't have to support it..

6. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Probably gonna have to try it yourself or wait for other feedback, but it "should" work on Win8 x64 probably without WDDM 1.2 (note I could be wrong, I didn't test this, etc)

7. AmD6000

AmD6000 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 960
    this drivers let play BF3 with AA2x no lag no performer lost on 2x HD 6870 CFX game very smooth. really this driver are recommended

8. MadelineX

MadelineX Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 295x2
    Hurrah for As! DLING immediately!!

And at a super nice speed I might add.

9. vinyl

vinyl Active Member

GPU:
    RX 570 / 8GB
    Can't say too much yet, have to do more testing... They seem solid so far.. But, did I kill too many braincells on St. Pat's but what does this line exactly mean in the rel. notes?

To be supported in AMD Catalyst 12.4

Maybe it's just a really bad case of the Monday's, but does that mean these go final in 12.4? And/or, if this is indeed a beta, why isn't it a 12.4 beta? Sigh, me confused... :bang:

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The above discussion about the 6000 series support and MLAA 2.0 working for those with the 8.960 (12.4 branch) drivers makes it so that to me it appears that refers to support for older hardware although it doesn't specify which exactly.
    (5000 and 6000 series probably.)

EDIT: And the note about 12.4 above that I guess is to support forced AA improvements under DX10 and DX11 instead of just if the game supports AA natively. :)

11. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    please can someone confirm this so i don't wast another 45mins of my life uninstalling and reinstalling getting angry and rolling back, please.

12. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Installed, played some games like ME1 and ME2, working perfectly fine so far

One thing I noticed for some damn reason is my text is -MUCH- sharper with this driver then it was with the 12.3 officials, hell it was the first thing I noticed the first millisecond Windows loaded was all my windows and text were sharper

13. GIBF4

GIBF4 Guest

Any change having these in x32...please....:)

14. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    ok i couldn't wait and i tried them, sorry guys skyrim crossfire not fixed game flickers and flashes all over the place.

15. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync

I think what they meant was that these features are beta/for testing in this 12.3 beta, and will be official in 12.4

16. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    That just broke my heart

17. DeFade

DeFade Guest

GPU:
    SapphireToxic R9 280X 3GB
    Same here. How strange.

18. MadelineX

MadelineX Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 295x2
    Skyrim runs perfectly for me in Crossfire. No flickering. BF3/SWTOR super. All is quite well with this set.

19. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    No face/menu flickering when you press ESC? Did you use the predefined Profile for CfX, or AFR, or didn't change anything?

20. wolfmenace

wolfmenace Guest

GPU:
    HIS 5970x2 2GB DDR5
    Uninstall Application profiles / Drivers etc

Run Ati Man Uninstaller

http://www.mediafire.com/?sja6d1z3t2ld6as

I had a lot of issues by all these drivers posted ,testing etc and only Atiman uninstaller seems to work fine... (I admit Is a bit scary to watch all these Ati man scripts running in order to remove the drivers)

I understand that you maybe already did all that and still have issues with these drivers.... What to Say.... bad luck? :bang:

Some drivers work for some , some others dont ....... you need to test them by yourself and find out......

I like to play games , and if a game that I bought doesn't perform well i look forward for new drivers to test them or a patch release from the game manufacturer.

For me this is a perfect driver set , no problems with BF3 , Skyrim , World of Warcraft , the games I play most....... :)