Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by ElementalDragon, Oct 21, 2016.

1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I had that bug too, noticed it a few weeks ago but it didn't matter cause I didn't need to go online

When I googled it, the first result was a Virgin internet forum post, like 10 Virgin customers had it, so it seems to be something relating to ISPs rather than the switch itself

2. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I played this too much on Wii U. Not really impressed. May even sell my switch at this point as all it does is collect dust. I'll wait for a new revision.

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    It could also be that google brings up your closest results from where you are located. In any way my friend is also from the Netherlands. I'm not sure what provider she has, but we don't have virgin here.
    When i gave her a link to the fix, she was glad to find out it did the trick.
    It might be a one thing, or she may encounter it more then once.
    In any way we wont hear anything from Nintendo, since they are vague as hell.

4. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Shows more and more the Switch is connecting more with casuals than the Wii U ever did.

5. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    I have the Switch preordered on Amazon, and still no delivery date, or when it will be back in stock.

No store has the Switch here ATM!

How Long do I have to wait?

I am starring at the Zelda BOTW case :(

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    A friend bought Bomberman R so we played it this weekend. I must say that it's not worth the money. Sure, the game is decent and all but they could have charged less than half the price for it.

7. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Sold my system to my friend. Still don't get the hype. There's nothing to play lol - especially if you own a Wii U.

I'll buy one in a year when there's software to go with the hardware. And a virtual store with actual nintendo games from systems of the past.

8. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I'm with you that is the primary reason why I didn't purchase the system yet. Lack of games just like the early days of the PS3. The one game that I am interested in doesn't come out until Holiday 2017 which is the new Mario game.

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  10. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    New Firmware released 2.3.0

Same release notes as before.

11. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    The hype continues...as do the mediocre games. This is honest to God the Wii all over again. Shovelware mixed in with a few decent first party titles.

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
  13. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Mario Kart 8 patch 1.1.0 released.

•Opponents’ names are displayed in the rear view mirror view in online matches.
    •Invincibility period after a spin-out or crash is longer in online matches.
    •Up to two players can spectate a friend group while they wait to join.
    •“Worldwide” and “Regional” modes add players to Mirror and 200cc matches less often.
    •Can now properly create a friend lobby when you have 100 or more friends.
    •Inkling Girl’s animation has been adjusted.
    •Starting positions in online races now properly reflect the order in which players join.
    •Driver Miis now properly showing facial expressions.
    •Tournament clock now properly reflects real-world time.

14. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    It's been out for only 2months. Come back in a year (or not).

15. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    The system just launched, Xbox One and PS4 launch titles mostly comprised of ports from previous generations or "paid" upgrades of these games.

16. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Nintendo stated a year ago that a ton of Wii U games were still in development, but now for switch.

I just assumed there would at least be more news on those games. Not a release date, but...information.

But then again, as these sell like hotcakes, Nintendo doesn't really need to share anything I guess.

I'm sure there will be good stuff later, I'm just tired of excuses being made for lackluster launches. I thought after the impressive 360 launch that we were past that. Maybe Arms will end up being more fun than it looks and Nintendo can rest on it's success into the winter. I dunno.

It doesn't help I'm 36 now and look at a lot of these titles and roll my eyes. Not because they're kiddie, but because it's the same **** over and over with graphical changes. I played the original Mario Kart on snes and honestly, the Switch version is the same game with a boob job. I know people are on both sides of the fence with this. I just don't think they're nearly as innovative as some clamor them to be.

17. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I'm 37 and I play the Switch with my kids. For that purpose it's great. I don't think the appeal would be there as much if I didn't have them to share and play it with.

However, I haven't owned a console since the Dreamcast. I actually want more ports for the Switch for my kids to play like Mario Maker and Yoshi's Wooly World, but, I know many fans don't want this. There is clearly a conflict with the apparent "slow" release of games for some like yourself, which is totally understandable and for you and many others, maybe you have "seen it all before".

For someone like me, though, who hasn't owned the Wii U, Wii or Gamecube; I have no problem with Nintendo porting the Wii U library of games for the Switch. Unfortunately for me, this seems to be exactly what they aren't doing and I feel games like Mario Kart 8 and perhaps Splatoon will be exceptions.

While my kids are young, I intend to make the most of it and Nintendo is really the only choice because it's kid friendly games. In my own time, I'm nearly always on my PC tbh, but, I do play Zelda before bed.

18. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Yeah I know what you mean. Mario Kart 8 was all ready on the Wii-U and when Mario Kart 8 deluxe was announce for the switch I was like what could Nintendo do to make the games different. About the different versions of Mario Kart there are more tracks etc than on the SNES version but I can understand where you are coming from. I think the last good innovation of Mario Kart would be Double Dash on the GameCube because it added stuff never seen before in a Mario Kart game with having two characters per kart. Another issue I have with some of these ports like Disgaea 5 for example it was all ready released on another console (PS4) well over year ago so many people already played it. So not many would purchase it again.

19. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    It's already got quite a lot of preorders before release, considering that D5 on PS4 only sold 0.34mil.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/nis-...hits-110k-pre-orders-in-us-and-europe/0182373

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/84506/disgaea-5-alliance-of-vengeance/Global/

20. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060