Skyrim crossfire fix petition.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Del_Boy, Apr 24, 2012.

1. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    you think people who are saying skyrim sucks in crossfire are all turning off their vsync? get real

2. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    not entirely true i noticed in recent release notes AMD fixed some problem with quake 4, i remember buying that game in 2005 i think, anyway i didn't think I'd get this kind of response so quick in fact i thought i was the only one left with skyrim crossfire problems, so one thing left to do and thats start a petition, one question, how do we do it ? i'm not a great whiz with Internet so may need some help.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  3. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    I wouldn't be so sure it's a driver problem.

4. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Well I don't have flickering issues and the like. But I'd sign this to help out anyway!

I just find it strange that one person has the issue and the next doesn't, and on very similar hardware.

5. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    That is was drives us crazy, Ghost. What counts for 1 user does not mean another guy with the same GPU has the same performance with the same driver.

6. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Stuttering and GFX corruption on certain curfaces here.

The Witcher2 and COD Black Ops have issue's too.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  7. Visuallyvisible

Visuallyvisible Active Member

GPU:
    I can't pause the game or access the ingame menu section without horrible yellow flickering.. Makes the game unplayable as you're in the menu a lot in an RPG style game...
    Vsync on or off makes no difference to the person running his mouth about how that is the holy grail to all fixes with amd terrible Skyrim driver support.

8. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    So the menu flicker is not only on the 6k series but also on the 5k... AMD really needs to see this petition

9. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    yeah I'm thinking rather than make an actual online petition elsewhere it may be a better idea to just keep emailing links to this thread to them, lol we could proper spam them to death.

10. chr!s

chr!s Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX™ 3080 TI
    just checking - does switching off anti-aliasing make any difference wrt the flickering.

11. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Not the slightest.
    Interesting is, if you force AA 16x in the CCC with Multi Sampling (and only at 16! 8, 4 etc does not work) gets rid of the flickering but the performance is worse than using a single card.

12. Visuallyvisible

Visuallyvisible Active Member

GPU:
    I tired that but it's still a like flickers yellow in the menus..More of a constant flicker as in you almost can't see the intervals but it's still a horrid yellow...

Also, I know I'm not contributing but AMD know almost all the issues beta testers run into as well as internal testing... They are just one or all of the followingl; incompetent, undermanned, not skilled enough to deliver a working product & or they don't have the time....
    They can't release a new driver without it breaking something else. FACT lol :|

Main priority is to get 3d mark and everything optimized incredibly well as well as other games that are commonly benchmarked in reviews.

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I went around my friends when BF3 was released and he had 2x6970's in cfx,i seen no problems while i played for around 20 mins.

My friend sold his cards to his next door neighbour a few weeks after and while he was playing BF3 he had constant stutter,it was actually really bad and quite unplayable,i witnessed this myself as he asked if i could fix it.

We tried everything from new/reinstallation of drivers,tried old drivers,tried defrags,registry defrags,diskcleanup,running minimal items on windows,reinstallation of os,assigned affinity etc etc,we tried everything and still could not get rid of it.

My conclusion is its down to the motherboard as they both had exactly the same ram and cpu just,motherboard was different,some people get probs,some dont,but as i said i truely beleive after lots of testing that it was the motherboard.

14. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    yeah ive often thought it could be system set up as well as just AMD drivers, i'm sure that other people have my card and play skyrim ok.

15. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    ok so these are the problems still persisting.

1) Bad scaling in crossfire (game was cpu bound, but not after game was patched to 1.4) so theres now no excuse for AMD.

2) Crossfire flickering glitching 1, yellowy greeny lines in menu, also reported players head flashes like a gooden.

3) Crossfire flickering glitching 2, whilst game is running whole screen flashes, rocks, people, barrels etc flicker in and out of existence at high speed.

Note: vsync on/off does nothing, AA setting makes no difference, deleting the INI files (in documents/my games) does nothing, wipeing game and reinstalling then playing a vanilla version also after reinstalling steam makes on difference.
    Note: Disabling crossfire cures problem and game runs good. But this is not acceptable.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012

16. chr!s

chr!s Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX™ 3080 TI
    okay - so I checked - And I feel stupid - lol

I've got a lvl 53 character - i.e. been playing for a while - and all this time I thought I was using both cards! lol. (playing bordeless window mode)

However I have to say that performace isn't bad playing with one card. Indoors constant 60fps. Outdoors varies from 60 to 50 depending on the area. with one or two places dropping to 40 ...

But I have to agree with del_boy - it's sad that I've spend money on two cards and not gaining any benfit - and it's been a long time since the game was out - still without any resolution :(

With regards to the scaling/stuttering - not sure who should take the blame - AMD or Bethesda. (maybe both)

My condolences to those who are have the flicker as well.

17. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Lets try the 12.4 whql

18. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    12.4 relase notes

•Elder Scrolls: Skyrim: no longer hangs on single GPU configurations when used with AMD Catalyst 12.3 CAP1 and later CAP releases
    •Elder Scolls: Skyrim: flickering square corruption is no longer observed.

i've not heard of these problems anywhere ! lol, i think they are now making stuff up to make themselves look busy.

19. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    This made me laugh

20. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    Nothing fixed for me with 12.4, problem is definitely related to the actual skyrim cfx profile, reverting back to 11.10.

I notice they don't seem to be addressing crossfire problems but only single gpu "supposed" problems, in this and previous driver, weird.