I miss being a kid so much!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by StewieTech, Mar 18, 2017.

1. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Im 27 years old. I was just listening to the final fantasy 9 soundtrack on youtube and tears came into my eyes from nostalgia. Everything was so beautiful back then, heroes frozen in time, years standing still. I would go to school, then play ps2 and play ball on the street. I didnt have a care in the world. Everthing so perfect! I miss being a kid. When did the end begin?

2. w0nderz

w0nderz Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900XT
    You're certainly not alone my friend. Inocence is gold.

3. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    You don't realise how good you have it until you have to become a grown up. Hell, even school holidays, now I'm in my 30's it's almost like kids are never there they get so much time off. It felt the opposite when I had to go, lol.

4. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Me Too....

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ditto

6. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    You're not alone dude, we all miss that inocent period in our lives. That's why I made myself three kids (2b & 1g) and whenever I can I drop myself to their level, doesn't matter if we're alone or their friends are with them, I don't mind at all and they love it. But when situation needs it I can be more serious than any military commander, kids know that with me it's either white or black, none in the middle. It's the same with other kids in my family and our friends kids, guess they like me because I'm the one of the crazyest dudes in our family lol. My long time gone uncle Ivan was the same, most possitive dude in my life, I'm just continuing it's legacy. 42 here, almost 43, can't wait for grandchildren to come, it's gonna be my third youth :D

7. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Your childhood must have sucked dude...

8. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I miss being a kid too, but now I get to watch my daughter grow up.

9. insp1re

insp1re Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 4GB
    Same, I'd love to discover all those 80's movies and cartoons again, i still collect 80's toys and memorabilia. Don't think i'll ever grow up.

10. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

:cheers:

I never knew what love really was till my first was born...The world stopped and i didn't care about anything else but us...

11. insp1re

insp1re Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 4GB
    guess we shouldnt play computer games either then?

12. w0nderz

w0nderz Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900XT

Tell me more.

13. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    I empathise entirely with the OP.

14. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    @StewieTech, you got me worried, so to speak.
    threads about death, sudden burst of affection, now this.
    Something is missing here.There must be something to fill those gaps in your mind.Ask yourself WHAT is missing, what can fill your void, what you really want/need.
    Here is a saying:
    If you want something you didn't had, DO something you didn't do.

15. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Maybe its because I am just older or its the internets fault and improved technology.

But TV shows for kids are horrendous nowadays. Here in the UK if you were a kid in the late 80's and 90's you had the golden years, as I like to call it.

Kids TV was insanely good. We had a show called Fun House, SMTV Live, Live and Kicking, not to mention all the amazing Marvel and DC cartoon series of this era too. Not to mention some of the best TV shows in general.

I miss the old days when the whole family would gather around the TV for Saturday night TV. To watch things like Dont Try This At Home, Blind Date, Strike It Lucky/Rich, Who wants to be a millionaire, Londons Burning, Taggart.

We also had the glory years of adult TV where TV shows like Cops, Jerry Springer, Beavis and Butthead, South Park, WWF/WCW Wrestling, were all pushing the boundaries of what was acceptable on TV and the ratings of these shows were through the roof. Nothing on TV today even comes close to those kind of ratings figures.

16. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    LOL! Im just a complex guy. I DO miss being a kid thats all.

17. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Ok, just enjoy the feeling,

18. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I don't miss being a kid, but what I could miss from time to time is the constant work/responsibilities as an adult.

Even if I could take a break from it for only a month, yeah that would be great.

19. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    when i was 12to15 years old i lived in the country/farmland and had a dirt bike daddy bought me/ man i loved that thing...I hunted from it/ picked up a few young country girls on it and heck i even had a pot field in the woods i watered every day....yea, I do dream back sometimes...

20. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    On the flip side, as an adult I can afford toys I could only dream of as a kid. Dreams become reality. Either way, I know where you're coming from and agree to an extent.