Borderlands 2 + MSI 670 oc + Physx High

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mentalpeace, Sep 26, 2012.

1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I'm affected in certain areas of campaign and i guess in 4 player co op still when it's physx time but that's understandable.
    At least the dlc maps are good, the dlc1 has some really nice red pirate blood physx fluid.
    The game may not use uber gpu power, though it does at times, but it's still one of the more demanding games out there to run, all your rig needs to be running fast imo.
    playswithfire, i don't think we're gonna see the end of bl2 with dlc4, i'm still expecting something quite big from them for this game, perhaps it'll be dlc4 or perhaps something afters. For this game i recommend a 680, most of the time you won't need it but at times you will. I'm using the latest quadro driver and the game looks and runs best yet.

2. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    Latest DLC has elemental shamans, I still have drops to 50 or even 40+ fps when fighting them, even on overclocked 1202/7000 670 SLI.

3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I've only peeked at dlc3, just starting the first one after completing TVHM.

4. Matt151b

Matt151b Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1080
    I am considering making physx = medium. On high, there are too many times that I can't see the enemy because of all the stuff flying everywhere. Especially on raid bosses in 4way coop. Has anyone tried this? Does it help?

5. playswithfire

playswithfire Guest

GPU:
    GTX670 SLI
    Matt it reduces the amount of physx particles flying (and hence improves visibility) but you still get the slowdowns.

6. playswithfire

playswithfire Guest

GPU:
    GTX670 SLI
    Tried putting the 570 into my machine to run as dedicated physx - denied! would have to take out a 2TB hard drive to fit it in.

Knew I should've gotten the biggest case possible!

7. BuBBle.D

BuBBle.D Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Aw, that sucks. What about swapping positions, so that the 570 is in the first slot? Just in case you forgot to try it.

All you can do now is buy a PCI-E riser/extension, use the rig on a desk without the case or wait for Gearbox/nVidia to get it done.

Good luck & Have fun.

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    that would of been an awsome physics card, what case do you have?

9. playswithfire

playswithfire Guest

GPU:
    GTX670 SLI
    The 670 is the same length, unfortunately :/

Coolermaster Elite 430. Was great when I got it, but now it's a couple of years old.

Have just discovered that Triple Bufferring was off in the nvidia control panel... a brief 3 minute run through Thousand Cuts shows that turning it on has dramatically improved my performance. Will try co-op tonight and see if it's any better.

edit: nope, co-op still no better. damn.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  10. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    PhysX effects are very important for this game. One should not compromise PhysX level other than high to see what this game visually offers.

11. playswithfire

playswithfire Guest

GPU:
    GTX670 SLI
    This man gets it :)

12. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    with physx on max in this game, sometimes its hard to see what you're shooting at, so much particles flying around

13. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M
    I just cant get this game to run in Win8? Why is that? Its not the buddha file, its Borderlands2.exe that is causing the appcrash? Ive tried disabling both MSI AB and D3DOverrider, so the hooks are not causing any problems, but to no avail? Anyone here who is MAN enough to help me with this!? :D Im trying to instigate competition between you guys to want to help me the fastest!? :D

14. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M
    Nevermind. Fixed, working now with Win8 Fix. ;)

15. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    What is the fix you used? I have never had this problem with Win8, but know there have been a couple people that could use it.

16. Xphome

Xphome Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 3GB
    Buying the game could help.

17. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Where are all those people complaining about the PhysX performance problem in Borderlands 2 ?

Did Gearbox patch it or have people given up and uninstalled the game ?

18. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I got my first little slow down in the dlcs yesterday, nothing to write home about, when this game was first released i was recommending a 670 for it, then realized 680 is more suited.
    i'm usually @ 1.1ghz on the gpu clock and around 40 - 60% usage for 1080 60fps (boss battles around say 70 - 80%), though there are occasional spikes, but yeah after every driver the game is running better of course.
    i'm on one of my fav drivers ever released, the 307.74s yeah! :D
    *folks you know i'm not trolling, i know OP is about the 670s, i'm just giving my input as i play it often.

19. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Everyone who cared stopped playing it a while ago, and everyone who didn't care finished the game a while ago, I imagine.

20. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    I was one of those without problems on a single 670. It was fine until first two patches then performance went downhill with dlcs and new updates.
    Im forced to use medium physx or disable it otherwise the drops are so generous that sometimes it crawls.
    I tried different oses and drivers and nothing fixed the issues so definitely is the game itself.
    Such a shame, it was running marvelously before. I dont see myself buying a second card just for physix giving the lack of games that uses it.
    Waste of money and space, plus noise/heat and power.
    Who knows what happened, its beyond my logic explaination.