got my new rig, finally!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Omar009, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Omar009

Omar009 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    finally i got my new rig with the following specs:
    i5-4670k
    8gb g.skill ram 1866Mhz
    EVGA GTX 770 2GB
    MSI Z87 G43 Gaming edition
    Thermaltake 730W PSU
    ZALMAN Z3 PLUS case
    2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD

but i have some questions about temperature and in-game fps drop.

after playing some games for 2 hours (crysis3, watch dogs and bf3) i noticed that my cpu temp. is going too high like 57~58 C
    P.S : im using the stock cooler of the cpu
    is this temperature ok ?

and also while playing watch dogs on ultra settings with high reflections, shadows, textures and FXAA anti aliasing (using the worse mod 1.0 + sweet fx preset) i got some annoying stuttering and fps drop that goes down to 30 (avg fps is 45~50) while driving.
    why is that happening? aren't my specs enough to handle it with these optimization? or its a problem from the game itself?
    and finally,
    i dont know whether it is the right section/forum for posting this thread or not but i searched alot and found this the most suitable forum for posting my thread.
    thanks in advance!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  2. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    57-58 is not high. 75c is high though on the new cpu since Ivy Bridge, that would be fine temp, but within the safe limit, the last limit.

Stock cooler is NOT recommended at all, amd and intel stock coolers are joke. whenever u got cash i recommend getting aftermarket one.

As for watch dogs, it works worse than a dog :D, it's a ubisoft game and u always gonna have stutters. put textures on high.

Your specs are very good, but something missing, something that is mandatory in 2k14... SSD!!!

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Those temps are fine with a stock cooler. Also, watch dogs will stutter while driving.

Why not a z97 build though? Z87 is old.

4. Omar009

Omar009 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    because of my budget, and as i know z87 isnt that old.

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    As said above, those temps are fine for the CPU on a stock cooler, ive seen as high as 65 on mine, with one of these on it.

Asus Triton 88.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  6. MOAB

MOAB Guest

GPU:
    Galax GTX 950 Sniper OC
    Congrats!

7. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Congratulations.

8. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Congrats on a nice rig, but I'd suggest getting an aftermarket cooler on that CPU pronto. Perhaps one of the all-in-one water CPU coolers that have been released lately? Oh and yes get an SSD, its made the biggest improvement to PC's since the 3Dfx Glide cards :D

9. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Nice rig mate. And congrats. Z87 isnt that old seriously. Im still on X58 and it still kicks ass. Slap a Evo 12 on it for like $25 usd avg.

Watch dogs need 3gb for ultra settings. Im running 4680x1024 with worse mod final, maldo textures, and with that high is ultra. Helps stuttering. I almost have zero stutters with this setup. I have a 3gb gpu though. And it avgs 2.7gb vram used in Watch dogs. Im running FXAA.

10. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    You can actually get a Raijintek Aidos for less than the Evo 212 and it out performs it. Well worth looking up, fantastic budget cooler.

11. a168901

a168901 Guest

GPU:
    R9-270X
    Congratulations.