cant get display settings right

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Vize, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Vize

Vize Guest

GPU:
    Asus Tuf Rtx 3080
    i just installed my new asus 5850 gpu today and when i booted my pc up the resolution was correct but there was a black border all around the screen and the only way i was able to fix this was by using overscan but i know there is a better way to do it than this

i never had this issue with my gtx 285 which i sold and yes i have tried the options on the monitor itself with the buttons i have tried pc and video modes and i have tried fit and full screen nothing seems to change and my text is slightly blurred now i dont mean bad alot to where it is unbearable but u can tell that it is slightly off just hoping someone here can help me fix this

2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Open CCC
    select desktops and displays
    right click the small version of your monitor and select configure
    set the scaling to 0%
    adjust your TV to suit.

If you are running the 10.8 driver, it resets this on each boot, so use a different driver.
    TwLs drivers are excellent.

3. Vize

Vize Guest

GPU:
    Asus Tuf Rtx 3080
    i am using 10.7 atm

4. Vize

Vize Guest

GPU:
    Asus Tuf Rtx 3080
    ...... i hate to ask this but when u said adjust your tv to suit what exacty did u mean ?? and this is a pc monitor its a 23inch its not a tv, thus the reason it is 1920x1080 and not 1900x1200

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Once you have adjusted the overscan on your gfx card, adjust it on the display so it fills the screen properly.

6. Vize

Vize Guest

GPU:
    Asus Tuf Rtx 3080
    update ....... weirdly enough after i tried swapping from dvi to hdmi cable to straight hdmi it made no difference at all ....... so i was like the hell with it put my hdmi back on the 360 and put my dvi to hdmi back on the videocard ........... and ya it put the border back and i had to deal with the overscan thing again except this time the screen didnt black out each time i moved it for 2seconds and now my screen is perfect and the text is sharper and easiar to read than ever ..... this makes no sense did the videocard need to have both plugins used at least once for it all to work properly ??

7. Atlas

Atlas Maha Guru

GPU:
    290 x2, Saphire reference
    What do you mean? Only tv's have 1920 x 1080?

8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    **** happens :)
    Sometimes a bit of coaxing is needed.

It could be that it didnt read the displays EDID properly when it was first connected.

9. Vize

Vize Guest

GPU:
    Asus Tuf Rtx 3080
    well this is a pc monitor not a tv that has the 1920x1080 res lol its a 23inch that i got from bestbuy for $189 its the Hanspree HF237