FX-83** Owners club - Discussion & overclocking

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by hallryu, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    AIDA64 readings are correct. The sensors are labelled CPU Temp.

Use the AIDA64 plugin for OCCT.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Can you post a SS of your sensor tab. I'm not sure what gigabyte uses and dont want to give you the wrong sensor

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I can confirm this.

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Hey why is your HT @2200? should be 2600.....it'll do over 3000 though without issue.

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

False alarm. It is my PSU that is making the clicking noise. Is it normal for it to do that when it powers off and/or restarts? It's really not that noticeable until you put your ear right up to it.

6. bonob

bonob Master Guru

GPU:
    radeon hd 6970 2 go
  7. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090

Oh my god, that reminds me of this.. Wonder if its the same guy.

read all the posts by JML

Is from wccftech forum

Ian Archbold-Molyneux • a month ago
    LOLOL this is hilarious, Continue you two!!! Entertain me Plebians!
    4 1 •Reply•Share ›

supernerdboy • a month ago
    Stop feeding the troll!
    2 •Reply•Share ›

Aaron Marselli supernerdboy • a month ago
    I found it hard to stop, but it is important that they do stop.
    1 1 •Reply•Share ›

Aaron Marselli Aaron Marselli • a month ago
    Also, Intel is gonna stop making socketed CPU's by 2016, so we're kinda gonna need AMD.
    1 1 •Reply•Share ›

supernerdboy Aaron Marselli • a month ago
    I do like AMD a lot and have only bought 1 Intel CPU. But to tell you the truth I have never bhougt a CPU upgrade. So the integrated motherboard thing would not effect me that much. However it is a move from openness, so I will likely just not buy them for that. Also most of the benchmarks are optimized from source for the older models of lintels chips. For the things I do my 6Core AMD kicks butt!
    3 1 •Reply•Share ›

Jml supernerdboy • 24 days ago
    It won't affect me much either I buy new PC's once every year on average. AMD DOES NOT KICK BUTT INTEL DESTROYS AMD IN EVERYTHING EVEN LINUX. Intel has higher IPC so single core performance is MUCH better with Intel and thus quad core performance is far better than AMD 6 or 8 core ANYTHING.
    1 2 •Reply•Share ›

Aaron Marselli Jml • 16 days ago
    you BUY prebuilt PC's? What a loser.
    2 •Reply•Share ›

Jml Aaron Marselli • 16 days ago
    NOPE Sorry you're wrong.
    0 1 •Reply•Share ›

Lauren Parker Jml • 13 days ago
    JML get a job and a life you bum!
    2 •Reply•Share ›

Jml Lauren Parker • 13 days ago
    Get a life NAH bashing AMD is fun and because AMD isn't going to release any good products I will SAVOR THEIR DESTRUCTION.
    0 1 •Reply•Share ›

Claudiu Peagu Jml • 12 days ago
    This loser is funny, please, do continue entertaining us with your stupidity.
    0 •Reply•Share ›

Aaron Marselli Jml • 24 days ago
    LAWL
    2 1 •Reply•Share ›

Jml Aaron Marselli • 24 days ago
    What is so funny about the Truth that Intel's CPU's kick AMD's CPU's butt all over the place? Intel DESTROYS AMD IN CPU Based Benchmarks.
    2 3 •Reply•Share ›

bakgwailo Jml • 22 days ago
    Trolololo
    1 1 •Reply•Share ›

Jml bakgwailo • 22 days ago
    But its true Intel kicks AMD's ASS in everything CPU.
    1 3 •Reply•Share ›

Jml • a month ago
    AMD Trinity A10 uses about 60 watts at full load AMD would need to cut their power usage to a 1/4 of what it is right now to stand a chance against Intel and ARM. But AMD can't and won't that so I NEVER BUY ANYTHING they make because They just can't make it right.
    4 4 •Reply•Share ›

Jml • a month ago
    DIE AMD JUST DIE ALREADY AMD!!!
    3 7 •Reply•Share ›

Arief Muh Jml • 25 days ago
    amd just fine for everyday working. power consumption is not terrible as we dont running prime95 all the time. the idle power is on par with intel. You only knew abt gaming as i thought yo were child and its useless talking abt encoding, compiling etc etc with u.

Search on the net, educate your self.
    3 1 •Reply•Share ›

Jml Arief Muh • 24 days ago
    Stop using slang child. AMD uses a lot of power and under-performs and should die just like m$ is going to die slowly and painfully.
    1 1 •Reply•Share ›

Jml • a month ago
    Unimpressive AMD still use way too much power. Intel is going to have what I need AMD won't EVEN COME CLOSE to the sub 10 Watt CPU's that Intel will have this year. Goodbye AMD we won't miss you EVER!!!
    2 4 •Reply•Share ›

Daryl Dela Cruz Jml • a month ago
    AMD will beat Intel's best i7 when Kaveri is out. You should do some research on what "Heterogenuous System Architecture" (HSA) is, and what makes it so revolutionary that will give AMD an advantage over every competing x86 processor.
    8 1 •Reply•Share ›

Jml Daryl Dela Cruz • a month ago
    Not in Raw CPU power or Single core performance AMD WILL NEVER BEAT INTEL EVER!!! I know what HSA and it doesn't COUNT FOR SQUAT nor does it do me any good as a gamer. HSA only works with GPU based APPS. You're so wrong that I have to call you and ID10T right now!!
    3 4 •Reply•Share ›

Joseph schneck Jml • 16 days ago
    Aside from that I have to say that you're sounding more like an intel fanboy and that you seem to fail to recognize that it can aid you in gaming, all I have to say is, Qualcomm 4 the win.
    0 •Reply•Share ›

Jml Joseph schneck • 16 days ago
    HSA DOESN'T MATTER for gamers. All it does is allow GPU compute on select APPS NOT GAMES. Qualcomm makes some good SoC's but HSA doesn't matter to me since I don't use apps that needs that kind of computing power. I use apps that need pure CPU and pure GPU power like emulators and games. To me HSA IS WORTHLESS!!!!
    0 1 •Reply•Share ›

Aaron Marselli Jml • a month ago
    LOL Kabani A and E series : TDP: 9- 15 watts. Go home. You're a ****tard. I'm done being nice.
    4 2 •Reply•Share ›

Jml Aaron Marselli • a month ago
    That still not even close because even though the TDP at its lowest will match what Intel will release soon the levels of performance that Intel can produce is SO MUCH higher than ANYTHING AMD can EVER produce for sub 10 watts or even 20 watts for that matter.
    2 2 •Reply•Share ›

Polis Jml • a month ago
    So about Athlon 64 vs Pentium 4, Brazos vs Atom, and on-die GPU power in general where even Llano kills the best Intel has to offer...

Not to mention x64, multi-core, HSA, module design, moving the memory controller to the CPU die... Go look up who innovated all those things, because it wasn't Intel.

Or maybe even things that actually use 8 threads such as encoding where the $200 8350 wipes the floor with the $300+ 3770. Or the ability to overclock and get IOMMU at the same time, in which case Intel doesn't even have a prayer to keep up anymore.

Dumbass blind stupid **** fanboy... Seriously, get a life and read a history book.
    7 1 •Reply•Share ›

Jml Polis • a month ago
    Brazos did kill atom performance wise however it used TWICE as much power to do so. Athlon 64 vs Pentium 4 does however count as the only time AMD made a decent CPU. None of that stuff matters Single core performance matters and Intel has got that in spades. AMD's 8 threads don't beat Intel by all that much and Intel uses 1/2 the power for 90% of the perform so its still a good trade off. Your the Dumbass blind **** AMD FANBOI!!!
    2 4 •Reply•Share ›

You used three (count 'em) Three exclamation marks. What are you, a 12 year old girl?
    5 1 •Reply•Share ›

NO YOU IDIOT!!! NOW DIE AMD DIE!!!!
    2 4 •Reply•Share ›

LOL Your genius amazes me. You are no longer allowed to participate in discussions on the grounds that you have no real world experience. For more information, see not going to happen.
    4 1 •Reply•Share ›

I don't care what you say because where's your real world experience? I do lots of research on the Internet and that research has shown me that AMD can't put out a good product to save their life.
    2 3 •Reply•Share ›

Research on the internet is NOT the same as real world experience.
    5 1 •Reply•Share ›

Maybe not but it does tell which CPU to buy and AMD has nothing I WANT!!! It also tells me that AMD's APU's are power HOGS!!
    2 3 •Reply•Share ›

You're an assclown.
    7 1 •Reply•Share ›

What are you talking about? I only tell the facts the way that I read them.
    3 5 •Reply•Share ›

I need to stop feeding the trolls; lesson learned.
    6 1 •Reply•Share ›

I'm not just a troll you idiot research on the internet proves that AMD has no good products and is far inferior to Intel. Intel Haswell GT3 at 10W will take care of both the power problem and Intel being inferior to AMD in the IGP department.
    2 5 •Reply•Share ›

Arief Muh Jml • a month ago
    youre acting like a child, stubborn. what d you expect if amd die? nothing, and that even makes situation become worse. No competition makes intel price sky high, even celleron level could be expensive. Just shut up kids, and suck your intel rig.
    4 1 •Reply•Share ›

Jml Arief Muh • a month ago
    Intel's Prices are already expensive because AMD's laziness and incompetence. I will not shut up.
    2 3 •Reply•Share ›

Joseph schneck Jml • 16 days ago
    when did they confirm that there will be GT3 graphics on 10w chips, and will they actually sit at 10w and not be one of their i7s which actually run 10-20w higher than what they're specified to? (seen a lot of mobile i7s do that in my shop) And what about the A-series APUs? They're great value chips for college students / casual gamers / children / moms. You don't need to give those markets i5's/i7's and they'll enjoy the better graphics more than anything, and so long as it's from an OEM which is decent quality there is no problem with operating temperatures. Aside from that, GT3 isn't sounding like it will beat Trinity's GPU's, let alone Richland's 75% of a Radeon HD 7750 with the same amount of memory bandwidth without OCing the memory controller.
    2 •Reply•Share ›

Jml Joseph schneck • 16 days ago
    Intel's GT3 will destroy AMD's APU's. GT3 will be on 10 watt parts but real world power usage is unknown right now. Yes Intel's i7's take 10-20 watts more than they say they do but AMD has the same problem. AMD Richland IS A MERE REBRAND NOTHING MORE!!! It has no GCN there is some trick AMD is going to use but it won't matter if AMD keeps putting **** out.
    0 2 •Reply•Share ›

Polis Jml • a month ago
    I notice how you ignored well over half my post, so I'll just assume you can't read.

There is a time and place for everything. Intel is not always the best solution, although it is for a wide variety of scenarios. And dead god you are a stupid son of a bitch if you think single-thread performance is all that matters. Where do they breed morons like you?

People who record, edit, and encode video: Multithread
    People who compile code: Multithread
    People who do CAD renders: Multithread
    People who do photoshop work: Multithread
    People who play BF3 multiplayer: Multithread
    People who use virtualized environments: Multithread
    People who web host: Multithread

Or to put it more simply, just about anything that involves being more then a gamer who knows nothing and does nothing else will benefit from having more multithreading power available to them, and those who do YouTube letsplays fall in the record/edit/encode category.

While AMD does use more power, it doesn't matter outside of laptops. Why? Because Intel's extra cost needed to even come close in real threaded performance kicks the price well above AMD's price, and that whole thing is a nice big buffer for energy costs.

Now, if you're actually saying that all those things that AMD innovated don't matter, then why does Intel use most of them? (x64, multi-core, mem controller on the die) If Intel was still on a single-core 32-bit chip with the memory controller on the board, even ARM would be ripping them in half at this point, let alone what AMD would do to them.
    4 1 •Reply•Share ›

Jml Polis • a month ago
    Your wrong on BF3 Intel IS FAR Superior for gaming that includes BF3 and any sort of emulation. As I said with Intel you might get 90% of the Performance in 8 core Multithread apps however AMD uses twice the power in order to do so. AMD does cost less but why pay less for inferior quality when you can get the best with Intel. Your the moron Yes AMD created x86_64, Multi-core, and the onboard Memory Controller but they have fallen a LONG LONG WAY SINCE THEN!!! AMD isn't the same company that made the important innovations especially when Rory Read is at the helm. Yes Gamers like me benefit from using Intel over AMD and look at the energy savings while gaming. ARM and AMD are about equal in IPC which is what matters right now and Intel is way ahead in what matters.
    1 4 •Reply•Share ›

Hmmm...Why pay less for "inferior quality"? Let's see.....I'll put it this way.
    People
    Who
    Have
    Jobs
    and
    earn
    their
    own
    money
    DON'T FEEL THAT WAY.
    You are useless in the topic of money when you obviously have NO concept of how expensive it is just to keep yourself ALIVE, let alone going out and spending 500 dollars of lost food on a processor that you DON'T ACTUALLY NEED.
    5 1 •Reply•Share ›

Wow you're an idiot I unlike you save up my money for the these kinds of things. I spend very carefully and buy a new PC when I have the money which is about once every year. Intel's CPU cost $200-$300 for a good CPU and they are well worth it. Heck even a $100 CPU from Intel beats the pants off ANYTHING AMD HAS RIGHT NOW!!!
    2 3 •Reply•Share ›

Intel's 100 dollar CPU's suck ass. AMD corners the low market, and you're an assclown.
    4 1 •Reply•Share ›

Wrong it doesn't suck ass it handily beats AMD's high end FX cpu's in most apps especially gaming.
    1 3 •Reply•Share ›

Aaron Marselli Jml • a month ago −
    Uh, Intel's 100 dollar CPU's are ****ty dual core i3's or pentiums, and AMD most definitely has the low price market covered. Something that consumers look for is low price, not just performance, which AMD has plenty of.
    4 1 •Reply•Share ›

Jml Aaron Marselli • a month ago −
    Wrong Intel has low price as well even thought AMD has more low price options they are really bad.

These super fan boys have never even looked at some of the results of the 8350 and just spit this junk all over the internet.. Thinkin they are funny and so smug about it, it makes me sick.. I mean to think someone can be that self ignorant. Anyways off topic... That link should give you a laugh..

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    All stuff I have read about HT overclocking says its a negligible difference from stock. My NB is overclocked to 2800MHz

9. bonob

bonob Master Guru

GPU:
    radeon hd 6970 2 go
    even at 1.48v for 4.3Ghz i see error on some core definitely something wrong with this board

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yeah that's true in relation to the Athlon/Phenom but I'm pretty sure the 8320 got better results with it at 2600....

Actually I think I'll double check that since I don't really remember lol

11. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    You will see a diffrence in you HT at 3ghz when you have ram that is 2133 or higher.. of course the higher your ram is clocked the more you will see a diffrence... Or so it has been told with the phII Have myn oced to 3ghz and my ram is/was at 2100mhz i have downclocked it cause something started acting funky afew days ago and try ing to figure it out, but not going toworry about it since i got new stuff coming.. no need to tweak it any more.. 4.5ghz off a 1055t was the best i could do... now 5.2ghz here i come.

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    LOL man I remember when people use to say PC3200 ram was fast. And now we have kits that can hit 3GHz.

13. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    What a douche, idiots like him should be banned from the internet..

What error?

What about PC133? Way faster than PC66 :D

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Dat voltage. :banana:

15. bonob

bonob Master Guru

GPU:
    radeon hd 6970 2 go
    error with OCCT, sometime core 0 ,or core 8, or core 2....i was thinking probably foolishly that i can push higher than 200 poor Mhz above the max turbo of this chip and with an 8+2 pwer phase this board seems enough to oc more, i was wrong, horribily wrong i should hav spend 50 euro more to get a better one.

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    How many volts for 2800?

Oh btw last night I discovered that overcurrent protection kicks in at 1.62v....just in case you were wondering. :D

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Too fu*king many. almost 1.29v :cry:

Not even going to ask how you know that lol.

18. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Really? You're lucky...I need 1.4 for 2700 :3eyes:

19. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    For the NB voltage?????

It goes into the red shortly after 1.3v.

20. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Don't worry about that kid...he obviously has some issues to deal with.