Primordia

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by k1net1cs, Dec 11, 2012.

1. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    If you guys like point & click adventure games, give this one a try.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/primordia

It may have been overshadowed by the newest The Book of Unwritten Tales release and has 'dated' graphics, but it definitely has more content.
    And check out Resonance & To The Moon while you're at it.

2. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Ah the long lost point and click genre that it seems that no one is paying attention to these days.
    Still have some games that need to finish but i will be picking this one up from GOG.

3. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    my favorite genre as everybody knows its the P&Click genre.

i purchased PRIMORDIA the day it was released and its a great game, i also got HAUNTED, RED JOHNSON'S CHRONICLES and a few other point n click games.

haven't posted shots yet since i've been busy between FarCry3, Lucius and work but i will soon.

in conclusion if it's adventure p&c, i got it, but that's no secret lol

thing is.. i stopped recommending them by opening threads since nobody cares, almost everyone here prefers graphic intensive games (eg. FPS), i just share my screenshots in the screenshots thread and recommend it there which is far better than opening a thread which is going to feel like a waste of time.

anyway, if you guys want my opinion, i highly recommend PRIMORDIA ,it's a great game. :D

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  4. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol, one funny game.
    Yes, it's supposedly to be grisly but somehow I just found the 'missions' hilarious. :p

Did you get To The Moon, though?
    Not really a game per say, more like an interactive story with 10% game, 60% story, and 30% manly tears.
    I got it from the $10-for-5 sale back then, but I wouldn't have mind paying the full price for the story and soundtrack if I knew it's THAT good.

5. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    lol yep Lucius is epic. definitely in my list of Goty. :devil:

of course i played To The Moon, got it on release and it was worth every cent, superb game and you can't beat the soundtrack indeed, i even used it as my ringtone.

i didn't really cry or anything but the story is highly emotional and i felt an intense sadness.

one game (well not really a game) that managed to make me tear up though was "Dear Esther", the ending, mainly because it was highly surreal bordering on spiritual poetry with a vague melancholic vibe, the island in this game is what i always imagined death would be like, a very lonely place where your soul is peaceful but your mind is always remembering things and a sense of gloominess fills the air and never really fades away. ;)

6. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Right, Dear Esther, the 'FPS' which left people with no sense feeling ripped off. :p
    I got that on release on Steam, and I particularly like the way that the monologue is a bit different in each playthrough.
    A beautiful game, but still a bit distressing. =b
    The highway 'level' needs a bit more polish, though; compared to the rest of the areas, that part seemed like a rush job.

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    these games must come to ipad. to my heart.

8. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Some, like Machinarium, already did.
    Well, at least on Google Play.

9. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    There are a couple i know of. Machinarium is one of them. I had a list a while ago...need to find it.

Some i can recall on the top of my. Adventures of Monkey Island, dream note

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Yeah i got kachinarium on ipad also walking dead, back to the future, jurassic park. Beneath steel sky too.

Primordia looks cool too.