The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Scorch666, Nov 2, 2010.

1. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Hmm missed that one will have to try it.

Didnt know Damian Lewis was in it either so decent cast.

2. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

I haven't seen any new shows recently, though I've been hearing good things about TWD. Is it any good ?

3. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Excellent. Shall dl it now. I didnt realize it was on so soon.:O

4. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Brutal, I mean the gore factor in this show is right on the mark.

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    At last season 2 started, been waiting ages for it to start. The zombies look excellent and very real.

6. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    Awesome sauce!!

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I watched S2-E1 tonight,i was supposed to watch it last night but something came up,anyhow there was some real tense moments that i liked for instance when they all had to hide under the vehicles and the tent scene created some nice tension before entering.

What i didnt like was the girl going missing scenario,he told her to stay put and she wonders off nowhere to be seen,the remaining part of the episode is a complete borefest while there all trouncing through the forest to try to find her,i wish they woulda just found her and moved on ffs.

Also the lead character guy,The Sheriff(i forgot his name)he seems to talk alot differently in S2 for some reason as if hes forcing his words out,he dont seem so natural when hes acting compared to S1,maybe the producers told him to be a bit more wooden with your acting,**** knows tbh,anyhow the wife and myself are really enjoying it atm,looking forward to next sunday for next episode.....where the **** is Merl?

8. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    ^^^^^^^^^

Well I really like the fact that the girl went missing, a bit unrealistic ... but o'well. When it comes to the Sheriff, I didn't really notice a difference in his tone. The part that I really disliked was the deer part ...

I mean c'mon, a girl went MISSING with ZOMBIES around in the FOREST !!! It couldn't possibly get any worse. They split into two groups, a deer is spotted. Instead of continuing looking for the girl or .... at least get a good look at it and keep walking, he lets his son walks towards him with an expression as if he just met his future wife or something .... not to mention the time he took to get to the deer. And the other group, assuming it was, sees a deer while looking for the girl and goes "A least we can have a good feast tonight, **** the little girl, let's put this ****er down"

9. GSB

GSB Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 650
    the conclusion of the episode was a bit unexpected.. yikes

10. uncleknacker

uncleknacker Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070
    It was an unexpected ending. The whole Jesus/praying in the church thing looked for a second like some sort of miricale was going to happen, or some sort of mercy was going to be shown towards the group like the little girl being found or something. Instead you get this pseudo-religious scene with the deer, everything calm and tranquil, and then the shlt suddenly hits the fan. Very much looking forward to the next episode, was on hooks after the last one.

11. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    The whole mid to end of the episode was just so cheesy.

12. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    new one out tomorrow night, so bing band boom i'm ready.

13. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Yeah, I hate that they had to throw the religious angle in. I read it wasn't in the comics. (that the series is based on.)

14. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
  15. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Hmm.

The first two episodes haven't been bad, but I wish they'd cut out alot of the drama. This is a show, about Zombies, and yet out of the 45 minute episodes, we see them for less than 5.

16. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Even as slow as it was episode 2 beat out the jersey shore's season finale :p

Zombies should be back in force in ep3, since they
    have to go to the overrun high school and with the clock ticking they won't be able to take their sweet time. So it sounds like it's setup for a very intense episode.

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
  18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Needs to be mostly drama, there are twice as many episodes this year, and a budget cut from what i hear.

Plus if there was too much zombie stuff it would get boring after abit, i don't see it as a zombie show anyway, but a post apocalyptic one instead.

19. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    I don't know what to think of this season yet :(
    The first episode had its moments (
    the horde scene
    ), but the
    church scene
    was useless and terrible IMO.
    And the cliffhanger was a bit stupid too

Concerning the episode 2....well having to wait 35min to get an action scene...seriously...and ALL THIS DRAMA is stupid, and useless, and sometimes even pathetic.
    Not having high hopes for the rest of the season, sadly.

20. slckb0y

slckb0y Banned

GPU:
    GV-N470SO-13I@900/2000 x3
    me neither, the only things i remember from the first season is when he wake up in the hospital and when he's trapped in the tank already, but this season is so lame i can't help but surf the net or play while i watch it. i smell FAILing skies all over again, an awesome pitch, a boring a hell serie :x