CCC Settings (Normal & _NA Enabled) and Their Registry Values - My Rough Findings

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Bat_Zonko, May 2, 2012.

1. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    ATT works as long as you tick the 'disable overclocking' on install.

I've just been having another look at this and RadeonPro isn't putting a FlipQueueSize entry into my registry - either if I set it as a Global profile or a Game profile.

I'm assuming that RadeonPro works in the same way as the CCC application profiles - it doesn't use registry values, but applies settings on the fly (when games/apps are started) from the .xml files in the
    "C:\Users\Rick\AppData\Roaming\RadeonPro\Profiles" folder.
    This makes sense as well as RadeonPro needs to be running when a game is launched to work properly, if it just changed the registry then it wouldn't need to be running.

For CCC global settings are stored in the registry (in the string we have been looking at at start of thread) any individual 3D application profiles created are stored in "C:\Users\Rick\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\User.blb"
    -- Id' like to know if its possible to edit this file someway to add FlipQueueSize in here so I can have different values for different games !!! -----

Oh cheers for reminding me about this tool, nice fallback option, but no support for DX11 which is a biggie for me :(

2. Bat_Zonko

Bat_Zonko Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC
    Huh, thats different from me. Radeon Pro for me reads the Global or Game profile's xml file that it creates based on the settings I have defined in the RadeonPro program, and then either changes those values in the Registry, or removes them, or creates them.

For me, all my RadeonPro XML profiles are stored in:
    C:\Users\Bat_Zonko\AppData\Roaming\RadeonPro\Profiles\

For example, if in my Global Profile if I specify that the FlipQueue is to be 1, then in the Global xml file (For me, it is called ___GlobalProfile.xml in the above folder) there will be an entry called:
    <Property name="FlipQueueSize" value="2" />

If I make a change to the Global Profile (simply flip the AA on) and then hit the Save for the Global Profile, this will write a binary value registry entry in:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\UMD]
    called
    FlipQueueSize
    with a value of 31 00.

As a test, I made a quick RadeonPro Game Profile for a Direct3d Particle Demo, and then in that profile set the FlipQueue to SystemDefault.
    In that profile's xml the FlipQueue entry is set to 0.

Running that D3D Particle Demo, and then while RadeonPro is showing it is enabled (Red Slashed Circle superimposed on its Tray Icon), I opened the Registry and checked the above key.

With the D3d Particle Demo profile active and the FlipQueue set to system default, RadeonPro removes the FlipQueue entry.

When I exit the D3D Demo, RadeonPro resets all the registry entries back to what I have specified in the Global Profile. And in this case, rewrites that FlipQueue entry and sets it to 31 00.

Now. I never noticed CCC making any changes to the registry unless I opened CCC and manually made some changes and then hit apply, but I also do not have CCC running at the moment.
    It, for some reason, kept constantly resetting my fan profile I have defined in the Sapphire Trix. That bugged me, so I removed it from the Startup list.

I also don't have any custom CCC profiles defined for any games.

On the User.blb. I've also tried to decompile the thing with the atiapfxx program, but that didn't work. In fact, I can't seem to specify a file for it to decompile, it always seems to decompile the atiapfxx.blb.

I suppose I could try changing the registry entry for the Appprofiles that specifies the atiapfxx blob file and see what happens.
    Nope. Gives me a ADL_ApplicationProfiles_GetCustomization failed message.

Guess I can only decompile the atiapfxx.blb file :(

Bats

3. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Ahhh ok.
    I didnt look in the registry whilst a RadeonPro profile was actually running (the Red circle icon present)
    I just made a global profile with FlipQueue set to 1, saved it, and expected it to write the value straight away like ATT does.

So what your saying is that RadeonPro adds the reg entries (based on your defined settings) when a 3d app is launched, then when the app closes it reverts them ?
    Makes sense i guess.

4. Manoa

Manoa Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Clas. GTX 580 980Mhz
    how to control anti aliasing and anisotropy for OpenGL from the registry ?
    does anyone know the type and names of the variables ?

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    What's "StutterMode"?