Lucid Virtu MVP testing ...

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by krpetrov, Mar 9, 2012.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If the board has a Lucid chip, it should be able to use it.

You could try this Virtu Universal GPU Virtualization
    Download here: Virtu Universal Software

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  2. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    I've only tested the program with BF3, and with Hyperformance on fps is indeed higher for the most part, however crucial minimum dips are a bit more severe- so its a no-go.
    Plus as others have mentioned its got that weird microstuttering feeling to it even at high fps.

The virtual vsync (by itself) worked a bit better and gave quite good smoothness - but minimum fps again suffers.

One to watch for the future this program maybe, but at current its a no for BF3

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    In WoW and Diablo3, it appears to work rather well. The only issue I have is that I can't launch games with Virtu enabled, which isn't a major issue in itself, but is an irritation.

4. krpetrov

krpetrov Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7950 at 1135/6000
    Thank to Slicrik21 I can use Virtu again!

Here is my new results with overclocked 7950 + i5 2500k at 4,8ghz + Asrock Z68 pro3 L2.04

3dmark vantage - P59000
    3dmark 11 - P9000

The results seems to me ridiculously high?! Is is possible that the program is cheating benchmarks ?!

5. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Dunno but I get 11000+ on 3DMark 11. Its great.

6. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    Your benchmarks will be higher and 3DMark has already noted that they will have an indicator if you're using it or not so it wont confuse real results but for the most part just because you get good results on the benchmark doesn't mean the games you play will also have an improved in performance. It most likely has to support it in the drivers and in other cases it would give lower results, but it doesnt hurt to test other games.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    VirtuMVP doesn't exactly improve performance in games....nor in benchmarks.

If you have both HyperFormance and Virtual V-Sync enabled, Virtu will drop frames that won't be displayed so that they won't be rendered either. It doesn't improve performance, but it does improve gameplay by reducing the effects of framerate spikes.

Currently, if you have Virtu installed, Futuremark treats your score as if you "cheated" to get it whether Virtu is enabled or not.

8. eddiepropane

eddiepropane Member

GPU:
    HD6870
    Hey all, looking for a bit of help please :)

I've installed MVP on my MSI Z77A-GD65 with 3770k and a XFX HD6870.

Running Win7x64 clean install on new build, Installed AMD 12.4 WHQL and the most recent Intel VGA drivers also WHQL with the most recent version of MVP from Lucid's website.

Everything shows as installed and working not in trial mode but no matter what settings I have in BIOS/Lucid (i-mode/d-mode, init PEG/IGPU 1st etc) it only uses my igpu, no change on 3DMark/Unigine and also on F1 2011 and also for Ridge Racer Unbounded that I created a profile for.

It's driving me a bit bonkers as I want to use the feature connected through the igpu port as advertised by the company (seems to drop a cpl of frames in this configuration compared to connected to dgpu which I am happy with) as this stops any audio delay issues which are introduced when the AMD card is connected to my AV equipment.

Cheers, Bob.

9. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Wish could help you mate i only have mine in d-mode.

Did you set the games profiles to d-mode in the Lucid control panel ? (I'm guessing you did lol)

Tbh your not missing much yet really, did some more testing today this time on Crysis and Metro.
    Hyperformance mode induced graphical problems in both.
    Virtual VSync worked a little better and although dropped fps below no MVP fps, it did feel quite smooth with no tearing of course.

Add this to my BF3 tests which Hyperformance increases max fps and average fps, but cuts min fps badly - making it worthless. Also it induces terrible microstuttering aswell.
    Virtual Vsync helped it, but as the other 2 games above no MVP at all is better still

Hoping this feature will get better in future, could be interesting. However based on what Andandtech said in their article on it,

So for both features to work, you need to be over 60fps already...in which case you don't really need either of them !!!!!!

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The reason you have to be above 60fps is because Virtu MVP drops the extra frames so they don't get rendered. If you're below 60fps....there's no "extra" frames...

11. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    The theory is that it should also help when under 60fps, by telling the discrete gpu to cancel rendering any frames that it knows will not get rendered in time for next screen refresh.

In reality, it doesn't help much from what I've seen. But I've only tested it a couple of games.

Edit: sorry i saw further down you clarified that it helps smooth out spikes. (Sorry was tired when i posted, lol)

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  12. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Ahh thanks for the simple explaination, makes sense now :)

So really its going to be no better than either a frame rate limiter or normal vsync (provided one sets up appropriate renderahead and/or triplebuffering to combat mouse lag)

13. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Has anyone gotten virtu mvp to work with an fxaa injector that uses a custom d3d9.dll? Looks like it wont even start a game when you have a custom dll in the game's folder.

14. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I haven't really tested it much, but it works well in WoW, 120fps with vsync on is nice.

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Unlike a typical framelimiter or v-sync, it doesn't attempt to lock the output framerate at 60fps. As long as you're above 60fps, it simply drops the additional frames so they don't get rendered. Also, if you drop below 60fps, Virtual V-sync just "shuts off" and allows the graphics card to render every frame with no interference, unlike contemporary v-sync. I've found it actually provides smoother game play than having sync+triplebuffer.... At least in MY particular case anyway.

16. vulture_g7

vulture_g7 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 6950 2gb
    Just as a side note, even with the gpuenumerator.dll trick, after a month it expires, but works again with a simple uninstall/install/restart routine, at least here on my machine.

17. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    How do you remove the trial?

thanks

18. makavelipr

makavelipr New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6700 XT
  19. vulture_g7

vulture_g7 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 6950 2gb
    Let's hope that's gonna be true.

20. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    New version out:

Finally got rid of that stupid license trial bug.