Lucid Virtu MVP testing ...

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by krpetrov, Mar 9, 2012.

1. vulture_g7

vulture_g7 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 6950 2gb
    So, really guys, does anybody here have a non-evaluation version of MVP? I downloaded the ASRock one (as suggested earlier) and it still comes up as evaluation. Any ideas?

2. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Technically the motherboard companies can't state MVP is a feature of the board if the software required to use it needs to be bought, unless they state that it needs to be bought in the feature lists (where MVP is listed). If they don't, its false and misleading advertising. I'm not familiar with laws regarding this in every country, but most countries are similar in the fact that misleading advertising is unlawful.

If you purchase a Z77 board, don't have access to the software as part of the board, and its not stated a separate purchase is required, you can legally challenge them.

3. Apatch

Apatch Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX1080 OC
    I was using MVP 2.1.110.20705 for a month on my Asrock Z68 E4G3, when trial time finally expired I manually uninstalled it (there's no coresponding option in add/remove programs panel) and tried tu use newest 2.1.111.21241, obviously it didn't even start after - virtu is disabled until license activation.

So I manually uninstalled this version too, searched for any files named 'lucid' on my disk c: and deleted it (unlocker might be useful), even lucid.log files, don't delete lucida... files - these are for the system fonts and other things.

Restarted my system and again installed 2.1.111.21241 version, this time MVP started to work, but "In-Game Icon" options are greyed out, so you can't change it - when you start some game, nasty VirtuMVP logo bounces on over your screen. Playing with such a feature is a nonesense but if you only want to run some benchmarks then it's ok. Good luck maybe someone got better ideas.

I was lazy so not tried to search for lucid registry entries after uninstalling old version, maybe here's something to delete to make it work fully. :)

EDIT: just read what UZ7 wrote that GA version is borked with logo feature.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  4. ati666

ati666 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    did any one try cross-sli like using one hd7970 plus gtx680 on the z77 ?

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Well like I said just a couple of posts ago, they advertised Lucid MVP as a feature, and didn't state you needed to pay for a licence, so legally they have to provide the licence to you for nothing. Not doing so is EXACTLY the same as say, Toyota advertising a Prius and then saying to use the Hybrid feature you have to pay extra. If they said in the advertising it was an optional extra (down the bottom for example) they can, otherwise they can't. Its the same with MVP, they didn't say you need a licence, so you are entitled to one.

6. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Wooo amazing FPS benchmarks..

But, is it of any real use?.

.Game running less than 60 FPS <- doesn't boost these
    .Game running more than 60 (like in 100's or 200's...500's fps) with no tearing, whats the point.. why stress GPU to render so many frames when monitor can only process to display 60 or 120(120hz displays) frames on its screen.

Aren't current games not_responsive enough, if this goes on..only Superman can enjoy playing games on those systems..BUT wait, still monitor can only display 60 or 120 frames.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  7. dsa44

dsa44 New Member

GPU:
    HIS HD 5970
    Lucid Virtu MVP on Z68

Well, for anyone interested, Virtu MVP will function on Z68, but only as a limited trial for 30 days. According to Asrock, (and I would assume other manufacturers as well)

Z68 M/B don't support Lucid Virtu MVP at the present.

If any update in the future, we will update the information to our official website.

Thank you!

ASRock

ASRock America Support

Well, we can wait and hope.
    Cheers

8. vavyn

vavyn Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Tried it on my motherboard, doesn't work. "add, edit, remove" buttons are grayed out. There's no "activate" button, In-game icon is grayed out as well. :bang:

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    How exactly is it unfair? You paid for Lucid Virtu when you purchased your motherboard. Those of us buying Z77 motherboards are paying for Lucid Virtu MVP. Saying this is unfair is like saying that it's unfair for Intel to change sockets...

10. Adi

Adi Member

GPU:
    R9 290X
    I gave the tips on this page to allow people to get a full version of the Lucid MVP.

And if you get stuck with BF3.exe when you load it you simply need to reload computer with Lucid MVP turned ON on all functions.

It worked for me when that happened.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I've finally had the opportunity to play with Virtu MVP. Quite frankly, I'm not impressed. WoW won't even load with Virtu enabled, however I can load WoW and enable Virtu afterwards with no issue.

Outside of benchmarks, I see no real performance gain....however, the framerate drops in WoW don't have near the impact with Virtu enabled as they do with Virtu disabled. The game is much more fluid with Virtu enabled, even without any FPS gains.

12. vulture_g7

vulture_g7 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 6950 2gb
    Thx! Got the hint now and it works :):):):)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  13. krpetrov

krpetrov Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7950 at 1135/6000
    It does not work for me! What exactly did you do?

14. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It looks like I'm not going to test it out. Manual says that it is not recommended for systems that have RAID. Go figure...

15. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X

but... Virtu MVP isn't intended to do anything about improving performance. It's designed to minimize frame rate drops associated with vsync and also reduce input lag. So, from your description, it sounds like it's working.

16. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X

Really? I wonder if they count Intel SRT as Raid.

17. krpetrov

krpetrov Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7950 at 1135/6000
    What do you do to extend trial period ?

18. vulture_g7

vulture_g7 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 6950 2gb
    As mentioned previously: the file gpuenumerator.dll of the original virtu is the key ;-)

19. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Little bit late to this party,

So does these new features Hyperformance/vsync work with Sandybridge & Z68 then ??

I thought it was just the Z77 and Ivy ??

20. krpetrov

krpetrov Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7950 at 1135/6000
    I replace mine with the old gpuenumerator.dll, but still it is expired!