MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 17(2013-11-14)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Nov 14, 2013.

1. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I got it to work on my asus bios this morning and if I the lead dumbass around here can get it to work they should too.:nerd:

2. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Awesome news! You should hire someone for this laborous work, though xD

I'm still getting the consistent problem that the first stored video from buffer is fine, but the second (and later) videos from buffer have issues with playback. I give you two more manageble (~64MB) examples. The files must be different, because the first video plays fine while the second gives troubles.

vid1
    vid2

Does anyone have any trouble playing the second video?
    Unbuffered manual recording gives no problems. I'm using MSI Afterburner beta 17 and RSS 5.5.0.5713 on the system in my signature.
    Settings:
    [​IMG]

P.S. not really a bug, but still a use case that can go wrong:
    I accidentally installed MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner to C:\ whereas I installed it to J:\ previously, without uninstalling it first. This results in Rivatuner not starting and overclocking profiles and some of the MSI Afterburner settings not being loaded correctly.
    It would be nice if the installer detects existing installations and warns you for them.

Also for some reason my audio isn't recorded anymore... Can't figure out why, it does the same now with AB beta 16...
    EDIT: Hmmm, apparantly it's not selecting the right audio source when I'm not using my headset. Putting it to Speakers doesn't work either though... Hmm it only happens in Left 4 Dead 2. I'm using a 5.1 setup. Hmmm, correct that, it doesn't record anything in Source Engine games unless I'm using my headset.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Ask those clowns @ oc.co.uk. Beyond of my understanding why some users are able to consume some free work done for them and "thank" with personal insults in response. One day it will simply end with locking the tool to MSI cards only.

4. Unwinder

Both videos are playable fine here. That's you system/codecs issue, sorry, cannot help with that.

5. baothyhoinach

baothyhoinach Guest

GPU:
    msi 660ti PE/OC
    only need unlocked voltage in msi AB, more voltage is possible but dont ask unwinder about it, you should find it yourself, thank you verymuch Unwinder

6. JulioCesarSF

JulioCesarSF Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX 780 Ti
    beta 17 work with 680 Lighting (300% power limit, triple voltage) ?

VDDC controller : CHL8318 on I2C bus 4, device 46h
    MVDDC controller : uP6262 on I2C bus 4, device 30h
    AUX controller : uP6262 on I2C bus 4, device 30h

7. Unwinder

None of official Afterburner builds provide voltage control for Keplers beyond NVIDIA limit, if you mean that.

8. JulioCesarSF

GPU:
    SLI GTX 780 Ti
    No, sorry. Beta 15 have SE edition, beta 17 don't need se edition? :bonk:

9. Unwinder

In every thread I repeat exactly the same things: I DON'T prepare/release any SE builds, that's done by MSI.

10. JulioCesarSF

GPU:
    SLI GTX 780 Ti

11. Unwinder

That mod @ MSI forum has no ideas what he is talking about, sorry. Nobody but MSI can provide you SE build. Let't avoid flooding the thread with SE discussions please. I'm not responsible for preparing/releasing it. End of story.

12. JulioCesarSF

GPU:
    SLI GTX 780 Ti
    Ok Ty!

13. Warl0rd

Warl0rd Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DirectCU II
    Unwinder, lets say I want OSD display in a x64 game and to be able to OC an Asus 280X DC2T with voltage adjustments. If I get this right the only way to be able to do this would be for me to run GPU Tweak from Asus to OC card, run RTSS for x64 OSD and run HWinfo to pass all GPU/CPU info to RTSS for OSD display, correct? Or do you plan to realease an afterburner version capable of voltage adjustment on Asus 280X DC2T?

14. Unwinder

You'll be able to see RTSS OSD in x64 applications if you use MSI AB, MSI AB + HwInfo/AIDA, or just HwInfo/AIDA.
    And no, MSI will never bother to provide voltage control on non-reference design non-MSI cards, sorry.

15. r0l4n

r0l4n Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Is there a parameter I can append to MSIAfterburner.exe that has the same effect as clicking the "Reset" button next to the profiles? Thanks!

16. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Still cant get AB to apply clocks if i set it to do so at boot. If I let windows load and then start AB all is well. Not sure if this is a windows 8.1 or catalyst issue as i had no problems on 7 and 8

17. Unwinder

Nope

18. Unwinder

Thank CCC for that. Either disable CCC at startup or use config settings to add delay to AB startup. And yes, it was discussed before.

19. Unwinder

Heh, why each new version release always results in portions of hate from some idiots? Cannot believe how low can people fall because of not getting DAMN VOLTAGE CONTROL working on their 290 and because of being too lazy to apply easy workaround provided in post 2 without throwing portions of rage/insults.

"MSI Afterburner is too essential to the OCing community to remain in the hands of that maniac."

Two simple words for those who mod oc.co.uk and support such things online: you suck.

20. Unwinder

For those who think that +100mV is not enough for their 290(X) I remind that you can always program VRM directly with command line I2C access interface. So you can easily set +300 of anything you need. But you need some knowledge and calculation skills for that. To program IR3567B directly use the following quote directly from the hands of maniac ;))))