new build

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by prescient, Aug 9, 2013.

1. prescient

prescient Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Evga
    ok i give up , i took some good beating

if you want make me a system with the new stuff ,, up to 800 $ maybe
    more or less , then you help me ocing ?

maybe that pc mech place is getting older but i have been with them
    since year 2000 its the friendship i guess but those boards eclap
    showed with the ASRock Z87 Extreme4 and so are prety cool they look
    better than the z77
    come back all of you lets be friends and ill stay here , no need for older boards

i would still need to check what is in the store .

am just a poor old guy i get paranoid spending all those money

2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I can assure you that if you want the most value for all those monies, here is where you want to be. The last thread got a bit out of hand because our more veteran members can be a bit touchy when they feel they're being called out; we've had a wave of trolls lately. I'm sure everyone can look past it and give you a solid list of parts to choose from.

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    If you saw the pms I got right after that thread closed you would be singing a new tune.
    At op I have helped manny people on these forum but I am going to refrain any advice that I know would be a benefit to you. Good luck

4. prescient

prescient Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Evga
    what pm? show it here , u called me anus and the other called me an ass
    so what i was with the other web for 15 years and made 3 pcs with them
    is loyalty a crime ? maybe they got older , i can be loyal to u also
    and defend you on other forums
    get over it and get a new start , eclap also show pm i never insult anyone
    ever

you called me all those things where i never said bad words to you and
    its ok i can start over , people fight all the time now days big deal?
    i never provoked or flamed .
    anyway make you decision no need to get admins here
    if you guys will black list me ill leave . no need for a ban
    if you all would go cool again i stay here coz ill need to oc with you after
    i buy

5. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    I will "go cool" again.

6. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    Let's leave the old stuff in the old thread, don't carry it here, or it'll turn into the same.

I assume that you're going to use your old case, and your corsair tx 750W PSU.

Intel i5 4670K ~$250
    Cooler: Corsair h80i ~$80
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA -Z87X-D3H ~$150
    or
    Motherboard: ASUS Z87-A ~$150
    or
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ~$140

Ram: Can't really go wrong with a 2x4GB (8GB) DDR-3 1600 from Corsair, Kingston, G-skill. All are pretty good. ~$80. Go with 1866 or 2133 if you want for another ~$15-20. Some people say it makes no difference, others swear by it. You shouldn't get flamed by anyone either way.

Video Card: EVGA GTX 760 SC 2GB ACX cooler ~$270
    or
    Video Card: Sapphire AMD 7950 3GB Vapor X cooler ~$300
    or
    Video Card: ASUS GTX 670 2GB Direct CU II ~$320

As far as your video card choices go, look in your other thread at the first 2 pages for pros/cons, before all the flame wars started. Let's not get into that again. In the end, any of those 3 choices will be good.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  7. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    460? I think you meant 760.

8. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Just to add: I'd probably aim for the Asrock motherboard out of those three. While I'm a big fan of Gigabyte and will probably continue to use their motherboards for myself, both they and Asus have stuck with a weaker onboard solution in the form of the old ALC892 as opposed to Asrock with the ALC1150 (built in headphone AMP rated for up to 600ohms as well as a few other features). While this doesn't bother me as I use external equipment, it's worth noting for people using onboard.

9. prescient

prescient Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Evga
    i will keep these

the case in case i found new fans for it
    the hard disk
    the monitor
    the power supply

10. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Here is my suggestion I'm assuming you have a copy of Windows to transfer to the new computer

[​IMG]

11. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    Yeah, typo

12. prescient

prescient Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Evga
    no ill keep my hard drive so i will be getting win 8 anyway

lets get this from new egg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=3#scrollFullInfo

what with the so many coons ? :3eyes:
    and now you guys changed to the 670 ? i will never get a 6xxx when
    the 7xxx is out
    what happened to the ocied 7950 project :3eyes:

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Take Newegg reviews with a grain of salt. Most reviews are written by novice users.

14. prescient

prescient Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Evga
    which is best of the 3 ?

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA -Z87X-D3H ~$150
    or
    Motherboard: ASUS Z87-A ~$150
    or
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ~$140

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    None of them...

16. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    Go with the ASRock. Anas, if you actually looked at the differences between a GTX 670, or GTX 760, they actually have the same GPU, with the 760 having 1 less shader cluster than the 670. In reality, think of the 7 series with a GK 104 GPU in this way:

GTX 770 is really like a GTX 685
    GTX 680
    GTX 670
    GTX 760 is really like a GTX 665

They all use the Kepler GK 104 Core, with the GTX 770 and GTX 680 having no shader clusters disabled, and the 670 with 1 cluster disabled, 760 having 2 clusters disabled. That's why people are also suggesting a GTX 670 now into the discussion. Unlike AMD going from 6 series to 7 series, those were actual changes in the GPU core.

Like I said before though, any of the three cards (760, 7950, 670) will be good, just depends on how it all fits into your budget.

@Sykosis: You use an ASrock Z77 Extreme 4, why would you say the ASrock Z87 Extreme 4 is a poor choice?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC

The first topic you started was 760 or 7950 between those I say 7950 (and its still a good choice) but now your asking for complete suggestions in that price range the 670 is the better choice of course I'm a bit bias look at my specs. Plus the 670 I suggested is a custom board and cooler it is made for overclocking and as long as you don't mod the card (Hotwire) or mod the VBIOS you can overclock all you want ASUS will honor their warranty. All of the 7xx cards are the same GPU core as the 6xx (exception 780 it's a cut down Titan) in other words the technology in the 760 is just as old as 670 only difference is GPU boost 2.0 the 670 is a clear winner out of the box and a simple light overclock to say ~1160/6800 and its running circles around 680's and nipping at the heals of the 770. Plus you have already expressed desire to go Nvidia this time around so we are suggesting the best card for the money.

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I didn't say it's a poor choice. OP asked which is "best" and if we're being honest here....none of them are "best". As is typical, each board comes with advantages and disadvantages over the others.

I've been using ASRock for the last 7 years without a single hiccup (that wasn't user induced) unlike every Asus and Gigabyte board I've ever used that failed prematurely. Quite frankly, due to past experience, I've become a bit biased in favor of ASRock. I've had nothing but rock solid boards from them consistently and my experience with their tech support, when needed, has been second to none. BUT, the OP shouldn't be picking a board based on MY past experience....he should be picking a board based on it's features and price.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I have used many Asus boards and only had one fail on me, but that was due to the PSU crapping out and taking the board with it. I'm a big Asus fan, never had any problems with it. ASRock are solid too and priced well. I'm never buying another Gigabyte product ever, had 4 Gigabyte products in recent years and they were all broken on arrival.

20. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    Thanks of the clarification Sykosis.