Windows 10 - 1607 Build 14393.953 (3.14.2017)

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by OrionCheung, Mar 14, 2017.

1. OrionCheung

OrionCheung Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8G
    Windows 10 - 1607 Build 14393.953 (3.14.2017)
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4013429

Download location:
    http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4013429

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  3. OrionCheung

OrionCheung Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8G
  4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    14393 = RS1 (Redstone 1) :D

This is the latest stable version of 10, pretty soon will be "Creators Update" which is RS2 and that will be 15xxx build number (Unless they artificially increase it)

5. OrionCheung

OrionCheung Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8G
    ok. i think i got it.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  6. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Updated my Surface Pro 4 m3 which took an age. Rebooted again and now it's been stuck on "Preparing to configure Windows" for over an hour. Tried holding the power button for 5 seconds but the screen blinks a couple times to indicate that it won't turn off. Going to leave it overnight now and if no joy then try holding the power button for 10 seconds.

Updated my PC just fine but it didn't specify that updates were installed upon completion until I went to Windows Update and checked for updates again.

Updated my phone and went to check for updates again and it said "Some features are controlled by your system administrator" or similar words to that effect.

I know this was delayed because of bugs but it seems it's still full of bugs! All 3 of my devices had issues! :bang:

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Seems to be taking an age to install for some people, myself included but installing fine and quick for others

Not a great sign considering MS dropped febs update due to problems

8. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    1 have 2 pc's that's taking ages to install. Dwonloading the update via Microsoft catalogue servers. i have another 3 other pc's that did it fine so don't know what's going on. Funny my fastest pc is taking ages while other i3 pc's can do it super quick.

I just had to leave it for 1-2hr's and it finished

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea it's a strange one, this CU seems to be fairly major to prepare the OS for the creators update RS2, so maybe some configurations need more changes than others

10. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    My Surface Pro 4 finally decided to finish configuring itself after an hour. It's strange. I installed the updates and rebooted which took well over an hour. I then checked for updates again and it said all is up to date. So I rebooted again and that's when it got stuck on configuring updates! Never ever seen that before! My PC didn't have the same issue.

On my 950 there's now a blank space at the top of the update screen where it previously said in yellow that some settings are managed by my organisation yet this is my personal phone!

It all seems very strange and I'm sure some people would've lost patience and forced a reboot, I just hope it's for the better (CU).

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah it took a little longer here as well. I have OS on ssd and it installed 10-15min, then ~5min before reboot and another 5min after reboot.

12. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I installed it yesterday, took max of10- 15min and It didn't sit there saying waiting for xx% in the reboot phase and restart.
    Last few updates took a while in the reboot/restart phase.

PS: thst's nice list of changes, I wasn't expecting much.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  13. OrionCheung

OrionCheung Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8G
    On my pc it takes like 15-20mins for it to install.(that window box saying it is installing the update.) The restart and booting back to windows probably less than 5-6mins.

My bro pc is like 10mins install. Restart and boot back to windows total time is like 5mins.

My dad surface tablet thing(not clue what version since I didn't buy it.) Takes like 20mins to install. Takes like 6-7mins to restart, and another 5 mins to finish updating and go in to windows.

14. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Rebooted my surface again today just for the lolz and my touch screen wasn't working. Only the type cover was. Never had this before. Rebooted again and it worked again. Only had this device for less than two months and I did a clean install as drivers failed to update when I got it. Sort it out MS!

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Updated the MiniPC in the bedroom lastnight, took so long I turned the screen off and went to sleep, forgot to check it yet

16. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Mine won't update for sh1t despite troubleshooting for an hour.

Installs, reboots, "we couldn't update your pc rolling changes back"

17. OrionCheung

OrionCheung Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8G
    That happen when we got the tablet. The touch wasn't working. I did use IOBit driver boost 4.2.0 and it updated the hardware drivers. The touch screen now works all the time. shrug.

18. ezodagrom

ezodagrom Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti 6GB
    Svchost with non-stop high CPU usage, UWP apps not working, black screen (with mouse pointer showing) when trying to terminate session, system restore failing with an unpecified error...

19. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Updated here through WU.As a precautionary measure I cleaned out my Creative drivers as the updates just before this one corrupted THX console app.An older WHQL driver from 2010 was installed on top when I applied the AU (when it came out) too.

Suspecting I'm gonna have to do the same thing when the CU drops in April as well...sigh.

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    RS2 will be the update in April if not before