AMD Catalyst (Modified Build)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TwL, May 29, 2010.

?

Should the Official INF be modified or not ?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2010.
  1. Yes (I want to go through registry and copy GUIDs to .reg file and add changes separately.)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. No (Functions should be editable as usual in CCC straight after install.)

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  3. Both (I want to have official INF in install, separated modified INF & 'Functions.reg' as choice)

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. ive gotta hand it to ya twl, im using the 4.23b's for my cfx system and ive noticed a huge reduction in tearing/jumping with this set. I usually play with all my games on vsync but theres a few I don't use it - tearing really pisses me off but with these drivers I may even play all my games with vsync off. They're really good!

2. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    when bc2 crash i got this report, what you think can do?

<report>
    <version>2</version>
    <sessionid>38fb22844ca1b79f</sessionid>
    <type>crash</type>
    <sku>ea.dice.RomePC.Cl</sku>
    <createtime>2010-09-28 09:48:13</createtime>
    <buildsignature>553292</buildsignature>
    <systemconfig />
    <categoryid>0x6EF1FC1D</categoryid>
    <stack>0x6EF1FC1D 0x77402210 0x6EF0BBC4 0x6EF1A5D6 0x6EF1A59B 0x6EF2EB27 0x6EF29880 0x6EF2EBC3 0x76683677 0x77419D42 0x766A9775 0x766A9775 0x774503DD 0x53669D 0x77419D15 0x6EF2EB4D 0x6EF2EB4D</stack>
    <threads />
    <screenshot />
    <memdump />
    <contextdata>registers: Edi 6ef3a448, Esi 0e1cb6b0, Ebx 0faaff1c, Edx 6ef1ecb0, Ecx 00000000, Eax 00000003 Ebp 0faaff0c, Eip 6ef1fc1d, Esp 0faafefc</contextdata>
    </report>

3. colin87

colin87 Active Member

GPU:
    270x xfire
    Hi TwL

Just a questions on the resolution issues you came across? As there more games with the same tearing issues on 1920 x 1200 res? Is is just tearing, or can stuttering also be noticed?

I'm thinking of maybe replacing my 25.5" for a 24" LED with 1080 res.

4. troyus

troyus Member

GPU:
    5970 @ 950/1150
    If its any help. I get CTD frequently with eyefinity 3 screens, but none at all using 3x1 monitor setup. oe 3 single monitors, playing on just 1 at 1900x1080
    Eyefinity is the issue for me.

5. GIBF4

GIBF4 Guest

Noob-ish question here.
    Seems these TwL drivers are state of the art drivers and default choice by many.

Are or shall there be TwL LEGACY drivers in addition? If such are present please let me know where to find them, if not than let us know if such sahall be addressed in the (near) future. Thanks heaps in advance.

GIBF4

6. DarkSilver

DarkSilver Active Member

GPU:
    Palit GeForceā„¢ GTX 670 JS
    TF2 bad performance reporting in for TwL Genetix v4.23a v2.
    The FPS is very random, some scenes, the FPS can reduced to very low(Lagging) which I never encounter with other drivers.

7. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14&feature=channel

I don't think i've had a problem.

8. atimaniac

atimaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI EVOKE RX 5700 X
    Final Build v4.23a v2 is support HD 4K series ?

9. Sevenz

Sevenz Active Member

GPU:
    ATI HD4870 512MB
    Geez, these questions are getting repetitive.

10. xtzclassic

xtzclassic Member

GPU:
    MSI Hd 5770 HAWK
    I just digg your work TWL. And for everybody with issues: it might not be the drivers. My issue wasn't.

Somebody doing this for free for the end users is just great. To be a little Hare Krishna here :) : I'd say the world needs more people like TWL.

11. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    For anyone suffering performance problems with the new Oblivion conversion - Nehrim, the cure so far is to reduce settings that will free up CPU use.
    It can run shockingly slow (12fps) yet is only using about 12% of a single 5770 GPU !
    This game needs a fast CPU with a high clock.
    It can use all 4 cores but 2 of them only partially, one of the others will max out (around 90% CPU use) and drag the framerate down when outdoors.

It didnt do this early on in the game but when you get to Erothin, its a chug fest.

edit:
    forgot to say, I tried a TwL 10.5 derived driver, TwL 4.23b and ATI 10.9.
    All gave pretty much exactly the same result.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  12. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Yes this basically affects ANY game that utilizes DVA which is every single HD game in the world.

This is clean ati/amd fck up...

They decided not to support their customers with any other resolution than 720p or 1080p and so in games when we talk about HD graphics / videos
    when those launch they will screw up also because the Hardware acceleration is disabled unless content is launched at those 2 supported resolutions.

They are user made crap which I try to simply make to people to get a bit better gaming experience or simply fix some feature/general issues usually
    screwing up miserably although no bad with out some good.

As for 'Legacy' I will not add support for primary drivers, but I can build unique cases support against specific hardware.

Will be fixed as soon patch I am working on hits up today / tomorrow depending do I run out of marlboro..

Well, currently better than HD5 ;P As tester only had an HD4 box and of course HD5 cards screwed on current build, lol..

I believe we need more people who first response is not 'Sorry I am under NDA' and people who will dump anything they get their hands on to thousand
    free servers as anonymous to fight the idea of corporate 'registering' solutions. I believe that what I do here is just a crop of what we as 'end
    users' could do. Corporations block us to utilize we break it like NVIDIA PhysX was so 'hardcore' case according to news everywhere it got to, but that is
    only a single part of full 'whole' we should break down as end users.

For example good case from NVIDIA is their 'OpenCL 1.1' drivers every page states 'get the free easy', but when you go to their page there's registeration and
    'tag' this could take 2 weeks because so many developer applications (Now who the fck waits 2 weeks to test some damn driver). Hell all it would take
    would be 1 smart developer who got in dump it on every damn megaupload/multiupload/rapidshare in this world and torrent the sh1t out of
    the pack and goodbye NVIDIA future registerations as they would start to understand that people has the power not them to keep.

@commonly

Hmm, I got today couple laptops here to fix and few coming around soon enough, but gonna try to add an build up today anyway since I already tested it for 2 days.
    Build will come as patch to v4.23a-b and as full. People CrossFireX with HD5 will have to install full package. HD4/CFX people should can patch only
    because the core processing will be changed to HD5 in full package primary pack was never supposed to support HD4 better and that's why we have HD4
    packages separately, but was good testing.

Also as for 'Mobility' got some good news on HD5 Mobility Manhattan (HD5) owners. in this weekend I will get an new laptop with HD5470 under testing
    here with clean system. So, I will 'most likely' build whole own optimized drivers to Mobility radeon based on that. Also go there couple HD4 laptops so
    have to see am I able to test some crap on them.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  13. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    @TwL
    Just tested your experimental 113 on my tri-fire 5970+5870. On benchmark Tropics v1.3 DX11 it was slower compared to previous build 4.23b. In games BF:BC2 DX11 fps was nice average 130, but some black stripes appeared constantly like in every 10sec interval and it crashed on exit of match. Dirt2 DX11 was very smooth, constant fps in game, but there was fps drop and rise between game and menu. Just tell me what else I can test.:)

14. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    I know it's slower that's not the point when whole game crashes on screen which is ridiculous. I know where the mistake is which is good news. Will be
    fixing the HD5 CFX setups on next setups. Damn I would just need more Instant testers which can bunch drivers in and simply test against CFX and
    give me results at ones and not look the stop watch how many drivers they've installed or how their systems wasn't working, but simply do the work
    it requires to get functional setup like @Hans Dampf did some time ago great work with me.

This is only way to test as I could need 10 patches and 5 drivers tested at ones tester gets their hands on them not 2 days after I give an patch to someone. Lazy people kills me someday I bet.

15. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    @TwL
    Thanks for replay TwL! I'd be glad to help you how ever I can, the only thing is my work that I have to do some night shifts and day shifts during the week, that means I am away of my computer and can only read some forum updates on my smart phone while I'm at work. My system is pretty stable since I built it myself, never have any crashes related to hardware, its mostly water cooled.:)

16. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    nah, just meant basically some testers who've offered to help and when the time comes they think I am gonna offer them 1 solution. While the truth is I
    would need multiple solutions tested and for the tester to physically be there and do the work while we're testing (20-XX Mins + several reboots) and not
    say to me after first build or patch I provide that 'I give you answer on E-mail tomorrow'.

Didn't mean you have to test anything just an opinion why builds are what they are although always welcome.

@commonly

damn, 64-bit flash is online...

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

17. DarkSilver

DarkSilver Active Member

GPU:
    Palit GeForceā„¢ GTX 670 JS
    I thought 64bit flash had been around for weeks already?
    Because I already installed it days ago. LOL.

By the way, is the current CCC fully compatible with the 64bit flash?

18. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Actually should be, if I ain't mistaken the hardware acceleration on x64 systems should be identical already to 32-bit environment.

19. Touche

Touche Member

GPU:
    ATI 4670 512MB
    Will these be coming soon?

20. Dazza08

Dazza08 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870 XT 2GB
    Hey guys,

Do i uninstall this the same way i uninstall the official drivers?