EA CEO steps down

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 19, 2013.

1. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    With or without this Dude...The video game industry is doing very well.....

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    What defines a bad game? That seems to be where we all have a slightly differing opinion. Some think graphics make or break a game while some think it's the gameplay and others think it's the story line. Some even think it's a combination of them.

Personally, the graphics aren't a major issue for me so long as the gameplay and story line are good, which is where WoW failed epically in the last 2 expansions. Hell, these days, my favorite game is the original Torchlight, even though I don't play it much at all. The graphics are pretty pathetic but the gameplay and storyline make the game fun.

If you can't play it....you can't enjoy it....all you can do is get pissed about the wasted money....and those that bought SimCity have every right to be pissed about the problems with the game, seeing as how so many have had issues simply trying to play the game they paid for. EA had an obligation to ensure everyone that paid for the game, were able to play it the day they received it...and EA's failure was so epic, that they deserve an award for "Most Epic Failure of the Millennium" for both SimCity product launch and company management.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    well said. I think people should do some research before dropping cash on a game and decide if it's for them.

4. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    There is no global definition. Personally it's a mixture of gameplay, aesthetics, etc. If I play a single player game, I do expect an enjoyable experience. DmC was the last game to give me that, too bad Capcom is disgusting with its DLC practices.

What's important is that garbage like ME3, DA2, NFS (with the exception of Shift...Shift was pretty decent), etc were churned out with EA's name on them. That speaks volumes tbh. I haven't seen EA's name on anything good for a while now. Dragon Age went to ****, Mass Effect went to ****, people complain about C&C going to ****, SimCity obviously worked out great!!!, and NFS has been mostly **** for the last 5-6 years.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    It's hard to research games prior to launch....and someone has to be the guinea pig.... However, waiting a couple weeks to see how launch goes and how the company responds to early bugs, can reduce the problems you experience. If you're into masochism....pre-order new games..... If not, wait a few weeks and see what happens.

Personally, I liked DA2...got it for $5.99 at OfficeDepot....lol. DA2 is the only EA game I've bought in the last 5 years that was actually worth what I paid for it. I've got DA:Origin, DA2 and MOH 2010....that's all I've bought from EA in the last 5 years....I got DA:Origin and DA2 for a grand total of $12 + tax. EA has ruined the Nascar series (Nascar SimRacing was utter garbage) and MOH (2010 was disappointing for me)...and as much as I used to like the game, SimCity has always been **** to me. There's supposed to be a new Dragon Age coming using Frostbite 2... Dragon Age III: Inquisition

I'm actually considering buying Torchlight 2, since it's not an EA game....and I really enjoy Torchlight.

7. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    http://uk.gamespot.com/news/ea-agai...erists-worst-company-in-america-title-6405626

This is a story all of it's own!

EA again in running for Consumerist's Worst Company In America title

8. h0d

h0d Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Sea Hawk
    hahaha what an Epic title to have. That's what EA deserves and nothing less.

9. Era

Era Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX680OC
    You can all stop speculating.

The whole story with all the background information is available as DLC on Origin for only 9,99€.

10. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    :thumbup:

11. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    I do wonder how much C3 did cost to make cause my god the credits at the end of the game last like 20 minutes which I sat through so I could see the ending with Psycho and the Cell board members.

12. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    About 60 million dollars. There was an ending with Psycho and Cell board members?:3eyes:

13. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    after the credits ended.

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If you can stay awake through the credits...lol

15. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    No need for that.. Put the credits, start a countdown timer on your phone for 19-19.5 minutes or 30-60seconds before the credits end if you know exactly their runtime, do something else and be done with it. :D

P.S: I think I sat through them too, but I cannot recall right now.

16. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Good riddance.
    A man who wants people to pay $1 per clip in Battlefield should have been fired a long time ago.

17. gahanfrost

gahanfrost New Member

GPU:
    GTX 680
    EA got to greedy, i was never happy to pay more than 40 euro for any game.

18. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    TIL ME3, DA2, C&C, and NFS are garbage.

Every single thing you just said confirmed every single thing I said. Are you too blind to see that, or what? Because they made a change to CNC it's a bad game? I really enjoyed the multiplayer in it because I ****ing enjoyed it as a game instead of wanting them to make another tired ****ing CNC where everything's the same as before. Even if you buy into that, the game isn't BAD, it plays fine and even well, it's just not what you wanted, so what man? Get the **** over it.

As a developer, if you branch out, you're ****ed, if you stay the same, you're ****ed. There's no winning, there's no chance, because, like I said, everyone is a cynical blogger. Everyone wants to be like ahahahahah you ****ed up ea you worthless piece of ****.

Dragon age 2 is a great game. Is it as good as DA1? In most ways, no, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN ITS ****ING GARBAGE. ME3 is a stellar game with a bad ending OH YOU ****ED UP NOW EA I'VE GOT SOMETHING TO PICK ON NOW.

Instead of being a decent, good gamer, and looking at the story, maybe going with the indoctrination alternative, maybe just trying to enjoy the game, everyone bawled their ****ing hearts out at a botched ending.

Move on. Stop whining. Enjoy the games. Because your cynicism is dragging everyone else down into the ****ty hole you've dug for yourself. Just because you're down there doesn't mean we all have to be.

19. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    anyone recall the NBA Live Series? they basically just introduced new rosters year after year, and then ask for a full game's price for it. ~_~

20. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    I want to add to the words above that said about Gamers.. Even if it's because I got older since then but I remember when being a Gamer was a different feeling/thing.

Gamers "cared" for the companies/developers. Gamers would play the Beta/Demo and report anything to the Developers/Company. Gamers would support the Companies(in a rightful manner) and participate as much as possible in games(development?) or something similar.

I might have my memories mixed or something tho.. But being a Gamer before 8-10+yrs ago while are the same they feel a totally different thing.. I don't know... Might be the growing up.