285.79 beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by SESnut, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Apparo

Apparo Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580 Twin frozr II OC
    any word on hyperthreading stutter? it is fixed?

2. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    vsync on ?

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    If I am correct and that is an Nvidia based motherboard you have there get rid of it as soon as you can.

Some of the worst motherboard ever for overclocking. I used to have a 680i and it wouldn't even move my old Q6600 from 2.4GHz could not even post at 2.7GHz!!! I had ample cooling (Tuniq Tower 120 at the time).

I then splashed out on the cheap but excellently built Asus P5K Premium and low and behold, it was able to push my Q6600 to 3.6GHz with ease and temps were great never going over 66c after 6 hours of prime!! :)

4. BamBoozleD

BamBoozleD Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 FTW LE Sli
    This.

Before going Sandy Bridge, I ran my cousins old Q6600 paired with the 560ti. In BC2, I got around the same frames with the q6600 when comparing it to say 450gts, switched to 2500k and the 560ti performed like a champ. Q6600 even with OC is not up to task keeping even the 560's busy enough to works its hardest, that was with BC2 mind you.

5. willis936

willis936 Member

GPU:
    GTX560Ti 950/1900/2100
    Yeah it's memory controller is awfully funky since I shouldn't bee seeing better performance and temps with 4 DIMMs rather than 2. Aside from that It's been a nightmare to OC anything but at this point buying a new mobo is pointless without getting a new CPU then I'd need to get new ram and the next thing I know I'm doing a new build. I'll do another build the year after next but for now this thing runs games pretty damn well.

Interesting issue I've run into. This may be from the origin update or more likely the recent FF update. In battlelog I can no longer click the checkboxes in the server filter. For now my only option is to play Seine Crossing only :/
    I'd still rather do that than use IE.

Eureka. Issue was with TACO (cookie opt out add on). You have to disable it on battlefield.com.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  7. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    I can confirm al stuttering is gone now, including Hyperthreading enabled.

However, you have to create a text folder named "user.cfg" in the root Battlefield 3 folder, and type the following inside the "user.cfg" text file;

RenderDevice.VSyncEnable 0
    RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 3
    RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0

That is for Multi-GPU systems (Like my GTX580 SLI).

If you're on single GPU, use the following;

RenderDevice.VSyncEnable 0
    RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 1
    RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 1

I can now play with no stuttering at all and Hyper-Threading enabled. :)

8. Dim

Dim Member

GPU:
    9800GTX+
    For me..in BF3 some maps are noticeably smoother, but some started stuterin like crazy...i'll test some more and if it persists im revertin to previous ver.

9. flimbo

flimbo Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Any word on how these drivers perform in anything else other than BF3?

10. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    I'm rolling back to 285.62 WHQL again, I have random gpu usage drops which make my fps go almost below 60fps.

The 285.62 WHQL give an overall better performance on my GTX580 SLI than this BETA ones.

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    For myself in the past betas and quad drivers have always worked better with regards to performance.

12. x_nighthawk_x

x_nighthawk_x Member

GPU:
    ZT-50301-10M
    BF3 is all about cpu & mem just as BC2 - where do you read this bull****?

I also had Q6600 @ 3.6 Ghz and I can tell You djinn: this is a huge bottleneck for your gtx560 ti. You must see games on Sandy Bridge family chips.

I don't believe anybody who says: "I have 60 fps on something like Q6600 with ultra details in FullHD". You can see my rig and i can tell everyone: i have 25 fps in the end of this mission in paris in BF3, huh? And everything is ok with my config...

13. djinn

djinn Member

GPU:
    GTX560ti 1000/2000/2475
    Thanks for the feedback guys, im confused as my Q6600 seems to have no problems in the SP at all, and TBH I dont play the 64 player maps as the stuttering is unplayable, on 16-32 player maps the stuttering is pretty bad but not unplayable, when I say stuttering I mean when you get killed the game locks up for 2-3 seconds while the respawn screen appears, also when you are in the middle of hectic battle complete screen freezes regularly happen 2-3 seconds at a time completely f***** up your killing ability, but straight after a 'freeze' the game returns to 60fps even in the hectic times, so i refuse to believe that its the q6600 causing this as surely it would be all the time?

Also the stuttering only starts after about 15mins gameplay not straight away, I think my problem is the memory leak issue and not the lack of horsepower from the q6600 (3.8ghz 1700QFSB, 4GB DDR3@1700MHZ). I've been waiting and waiting for cheap 6-8 core intel cpu's before I upgrade as can't much see the point swapping quad for quad (even though I know sandy bridge is much more efficient)

14. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Nightmare drivers for tri monitor on tri SLI playing BF3 !! :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

15. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC

16. zeroskillz

zeroskillz Member

GPU:
    EVGA Titan GTX SC SLI
    This does not fix stutter with HT on for me. It's a little better, still some shadow issues. Overall probably a good driver however no HT stutter fix for me.

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    You will need a patch for that, it's not a driver issue.

I have HT disabled all the time now anyway, not needed for games, have yet to find a game that benefits from it, but a few that are worse with it enabled.

18. Matz80

Matz80 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX Titan X
    excuse me but... what is HT?!?!? ><;

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Hyper Threading, runs two threads per core, task manager should let you know if its enabled or not.

20. amdchip

amdchip Guest

GPU:
    GTX 460 SE SLI
    First post here ever...

First off I am no expert by any means. I have problems running battlefield 3 on ultra settings at 1080p. I run fine on High settings and also Ultra for short periods then BAM.. GPU usage and CPU usage drops out and fps down the toilet. I'm reading here about people being cpu limited and have wondered from day one if my cpu would bottleneck my 460's in SLI. I have been thinking about overclocking my cpu but have not yet. I haven't tried this new driver yet but... I stumbled onto this today.

http://www.geforce.com/Optimize/Guides/stable-gaming

Many of you have probably already completed the suggestions listed in the article but many probably not (myself included). May be helpful to some :)