285.79 beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by SESnut, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    Just completed the SP campaign in BF3. I could pull 30 + FPS on ultra with these drivers.

2. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    feels as if my fps went down with these drivers in bf3 altough no more glitches could be wrong tough.

3. kingnosser

kingnosser Banned

GPU:
    MSI560tiTFII/OC/1GB
    Glad to see some fixes in the driver, did have the stutter issue, my main problem was connection drops on the servers, disabling UPnP in router settings solved my main gripe.

As for the Q6600 it's not a bad CPU at the time it came out it was a good buy and still out SuperPi's some of the more commonly used AMD chips.

I run on High settings 1600x900 in 64 player matches without issue, no noticeable dips in fps while playing, I think unless your trying to play in ultra and in full HD on a 1GB card then your be ok, otherwise watch your vram's in overclock, better to play it safe than have them pop.

4. boerenlater

boerenlater Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 610 silent
    How are these in Skyrim?

5. ipd56

ipd56 New Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX 560TI OC
    As for Q6600 i am running it oc at 3.4 and gtx560 ti at 900Mhz on high at 1920x1080 and getting around 60fps on 64 player map np :)

6. killfactor

killfactor Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 SLI
    Those must be special Q6600's as no1 gets constant 60fps on Caspian with even High settings, but good if you do :)

Tried these with BF3 and while I had no stutters or real issues before.... these drivers have fixed the DX10 issues which were present so nice that Nvidia still cares about users with older but still powerful GPU's.

Also the SLI usage has gone from 60 or 65% average to 80 or even 95% on GTX275 SLI... very good.

7. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    every driver i tried was great but the latest 285.62 whql were $hite, stuttered in a few games.

all fixed in this new beta, also no performance increase (fps) but also no loss either so its good.

i don't play BF3 so can't comment but every game i tried was fine and smooth.

8. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    so ... actually I dont want to install that driver because Im afraid that it has oc stability problems like the last BETA one but I will try that one just for BF3.

and are there any signifacnt fps improvements in BF3 with that driver ?

9. TitusTroy

TitusTroy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    do these drivers fix the power management/timeout issue?

10. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    What about temps? Do these drivers run hot? The 285.62 drivers ran my cards over 80c. I would like to know before I install them. Thanks all.

11. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    No better than the last.

12. Famous627

Famous627 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 760
    My rig is almost identical to yours and I get about 50 fps on high with 2x AA. I get some dips in heavy action but I have no complaints since my pc is coming up on 5 years old.

I had to skip the last driver because of the WMC black screen. I hope these are keepers.

13. magaluco

magaluco Guest

GPU:
    GTx460
    with 285.79 i have the same problem, black screen when i play movies with bsplayer on the second monitor
    Reverting back to 280.26, video plays fine

14. EclipseNVIDIA

EclipseNVIDIA Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260M
    So probably a total noob question but I haven't used beta drivers in ages. These won't work with a GTX260M? <--notice the M. :) TIA

15. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    So, I have an i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz, am I also CPU limited? Because I also see gpu usage drops as low as 38% sometimes. :nerd:

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
  17. EclipseNVIDIA

EclipseNVIDIA Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260M
    Thanks a ton, when I searched for beta versions for mobile cards on their site it didn't pull any results for this version. Much appreciated

18. TitusTroy

TitusTroy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    so no fix for the 'display driver stopped responding' power management issue with these drivers?...I remember hearing that Nvidia was asking people to send in their cards to them for testing

19. Leodie

Leodie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I also had this problem 9 of 10 times.

I solved my "crashes on loading screen with map change" by using IE8 and pretty much disable everything that is not nessesary to run in the background. Firewalls and win7 firewall, updating services, wmp network sharing, nvupdatus, printer stuff ect...

Also run as admin for all users with origin and BF3 exe and disable Win7 visuals.

Never had a crash since...

20. willis936

willis936 Member

GPU:
    GTX560Ti 950/1900/2100
    I have q6600 @3.2 (iconic chip right there, first mainstream quad core EVER! rock solid piece of hardware). It gets up to 60C max and idles at 44C. I'm running a 1600MHz effective FSB (400 actual) and a multiplier of 8 @ 1.375V.

I also have a 560Ti 950/1900/2100 @1.037V. It idles @ 52c (dual monitor doesn't allow for stable use of multiple power state profiles) and gets up to 80c.

I play on high 1920x1080 90 degree FOV and vsync on. For the first week I had the WORST experience with the chugging of the game. I found the issue quickly: a memory leak. The game stopped on me when the hard drive was accessed. Page file for gameplay? lolno. I upgraded from 4 to 8 gigs of ram. Good news is that my NB suddenly dropped 10c and my memory performance saw a huge boost. This might be the 750i chipset but it was a nice perk for 40 bucks.

Since then I've seen NO chugs. My CPU does lower my framerate significantly on large maps with 50+ players. When I say significantly I mean down to 10-25fps. Nigh unplayable in some cases.

I'm installing these drivers to see if they help anything but since my GPU handles the game on high with no issues I don't see my framerate issue going anywhere. Don't tell me to OC more, this chip is at it's limit right now. It's not even prime stable. 2.8GHz it's steady as a rock but I really need every inch I can get out of this thing.

Will report back on these drivers.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011