today is 10th Spetember

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Lutfi, Sep 10, 2009.

1. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    what ever's powering that gpu wise must be a beast

2. chilly willy

chilly willy Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    i know for sure an overclocked(not that high) single 5870 can run crysis 5760x1200 all very high dx10 pretty good. only minor lag at one point during the tank level.

the eyefinity thign ati uses does somethign similiar to the triplehead2go thingy where it doens't just expand the screen size it renders each screen seperately or something so there isn't a major performance hit. there is a hit though it is like going from no aa to 2x or 4x its not that bad.

3. kid-goku

kid-goku Guest

GPU:
    Gainward 980 Ti
    lol...5760x1200? first show me 2560x1600 @ very high 2xAA :p

im pretty sure that it would run out of memory running @ 5760x1200 very high

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  4. Lutfi

Lutfi Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH4870X2 Trifan
    N.D.A.? hehehe.. why don't launch earlier without NDA.. it's better.. why must be launch at saparate time and place? :D

5. DementeD

DementeD Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD "6970" 1000/1500

i forget which site..but said at 76--x32-- resolution they played dirt 2 with 6 monitors and it ran smooth..

so it wouldnt sound impossible for crysis to run like that on that res.

6. chilly willy

chilly willy Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    its not impossible the eyefinity thingy does what triplehead2go does but better and cuts down the amount of vram u need to have to play at wicked high resolutions. its not the same as ahving one giant monitor it renders it differently. the overall performance is like running 2560x1600 with soem light aa.

7. WacKEDmaN

WacKEDmaN Guest

bah that eyefinity is nothing new..im running 4 monitors from my ATI3870+GF9400. I use Softth software to spilt games across atleast 3 monitors. With it setup like this, the ATI card does all the rendering and the softth software passes the extra screen info to the nvidia card via Cuda. I get a constant 60fps @ 3840*1280 2xAA 16xAF on the games i play (mainly racing sims)

i understand 6 monitors will make the resolution alot higher, but dont forget im using a 3870!..not a 4xxx or 5xxx card..which have alot more power and can handle the extra high resolutions just fine. Eyefinity is just a gimmick you are going to pay dearly for...check out Softth...its free!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2009
  8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    So is Eyefinity. The only thing you need to buy besides the video card and I assume cables for this(Unless slots are already provided on the cards, which is a heavy doubt), is the monitors.

9. WacKEDmaN

WacKEDmaN Guest

how is it?..did you watch the video? "you cant drop the price and have eyefinity!"

would you rather pay $500+ for a new card with eyefinity...or pay $50 for a cheap secondary card to drive 2 more monitors, and use what you have already to do the rendering....And people wonder why the economy is failing around them :3eyes:

yeah eyefinity will be good for those buying new systems (and those who have more money/credit than sence), and yeah i see where it could fit..but ive just upgraded and can do all that it can already..so i dont see the point to it

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2009
  10. chilly willy

chilly willy Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    yup all i see that u need to buy extra is the monitors. i heard the attachment to do all the monitors might be included with the high end 5k series cards. and you can configure the stuff with CCC.

i used to use softTH but it was mostly guess work and sometimes it could be a pain in the ass for em i like the GUI method of multimonitor gaming its much better

11. anotherzen

anotherzen Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 SC 1GB SLi
    the good thing is that it supports up to 6 screens on one GPU, the problem for
    me tho is that while 3 screens gives you more actual viewangle to the sides, 6
    will just give you what you see on 1 screen and blow it up to 6 screens. So the
    same info, just better rez. (i guess)

Its cool, its great even, but i prefer "surround" gaming to montor bevel lines all
    over the place :) tho i guess now they will make monitors with tiny edges, witch
    is even greater.

Still, now you can game on the 3 bottom screens and have irc, msn, skype,
    vent, homepages, winamp, and everything else. As a Nvidia fanboy i hope they
    have something similar up their sleeve, th2g and softTH just doesnt cut it
    compared to this :) and you save alot of cash by not getting those over prized th2go's.

12. FranklyShankly

FranklyShankly New Member

GPU:
    eVGA gtx 285
    You can play dirt 2 in dx11 at 7680x3200 and get playable framerates? somehow I doubt that.

If people want to buy a product, it is their choice. And no, that is not why the economy is failing. If people who could afford things were actually out buying them, the economy would be much better off.