MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 14 (2012-02-21)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It is not fixed because it has never been reported before. Will fix it, thanks.

2. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Member

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr GTX 680SLI
    I'm getting a bug with this version with 2D/3D profiles on multiple GPU's. It keeps forcing 2D fan speeds on the 3D slot when I set both my GPU's 25%/Auto and then close it that changes to 25%/25% which is bad news for 3D gaming. Unlinking has no affect.

3. DStealth

DStealth Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GX 1080Ti@2088/12000
    Hi Alex,
    I'm having problems with the new build, after //XCL and then //RCL
    My card(ref7970) is getting lower clocks than, if i hit reset botton ..strange
    It's idling 300/150 now, before it was 500/150...but that's not the only problem,if we can even say it is:)
    Is't lowering it's core clocks even in 3d in very low intervals, it's not on the limit OC or smth throttle related...tested several combinations, the same
    Here is a Pic, is there any way to fix that abnormal behavior?
    [​IMG]
    Only thinks changed in CFG after installing that build was those 2 settings:
    [ATIADLHAL]
    UnofficialOverclockingEULA = 1
    UnofficialOverclockingMode = 1
    And //XCL command applyed :3eyes:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  4. Unwinder

I'd like to see your profiles (contents of .\Profiles\VEN_.....cfg files).

5. Unwinder

See no problems besides classic PowerTune in action. Inclrease power limit to get rid of throttling. And please carefully read unofficial overclocking EULA which you had to type in into CFG instead of 1.

6. DStealth

DStealth Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GX 1080Ti@2088/12000
    Thanks for your replay.
    Where to increase it , in CCC Overdrive or AB ?
    And is there any way to disable it ?

7. Unwinder

In Afterburner.

PowerTune interpolates clocks between PowerPlay levels when powel limit is reached. So you can "disable" PowerTune via disabling PowerPlay by setting unofficial overclocking mode to 2. But it will disable idle downclocking as well.

8. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I have a issue with this beta 14 compared to the previous build i was running.
    after installing 14 it erased all my profiles i had to start fresh lol but thats not the main issue, for some reason im not down clocking anymore to 2d speeds im constantly at 3d clocks and 3d voltages even when idle.

9. Unwinder

Old user with old issues :) There is big warning in bold font in Beta 12 thread, explicitly warning you about changed profiles format and telling that you need to recreate them.

10. jvmagni

jvmagni Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC
    I got a noob question, but here it go... If I don't change the config file, wich resolutions AB use as default to record video?

11. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Look on the Video Capture tab. 1/2 frame size, optionally cropped to multiples of 16. Seems pretty much self-explanatory.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  12. Unwinder

Smal note, cropping is no longer enabled by default.

13. jvmagni

jvmagni Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC
    I wasn't sure if the frame size in this case was about the resolution or something else related to FPS... I'm not familiarized with those expressions yet... :nerd:

14. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Thanks. Noticed my mistake and added the term "optionally". On my machine it was still enabled from prior beta version (before it appeared in UI).

15. Unwinder

Like any option, it keeps previous versions' settings. Default state is disabled.

16. jvmagni

jvmagni Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC
    So, in easy terms, If I let by default, and 1/2... If I play at 1280x720 my video will be recorded at half 1280x720? Yah, I'm noob, =\. And If so, recording at 1\2 give more performance in comparison to original size?

17. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    I assume larger frame sizes can decrease performance.

You can use something like MediaInfo, or even your favorite video player to verify the resolution of captured video. In the case of 1280x720, 1/2 frame size is probably somewhere around 960x540.

18. Unwinder

1/2 is both width/2 and height/2

19. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    D'oh. I (we) should have read context help more clearly (by a factor of 4). I admit, I had disabled it.

20. jvmagni

jvmagni Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC
    Thanks guys... another question... MJPG is much less performance hit than uncompressed, right? I thinkv I've found a way to fix the problem with MJPG and Vegas, I'm investigating more to be sure...