Realtek High Definition Audio Driver R2.70

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by DannyG, Jun 22, 2012.

1. DannyG

DannyG Active Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD6970
    This download contains the latest audio drivers, software and utilities for the Realtek high definition audio controllers. It contains all driver files and the control center for Realtek HD-Audio devices for Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7. The downloads are fully compatible with 32 bit and 64 bit binaries.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/

Update: Gigabit/sec mirrors here ate Guru3D - download here

2. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I've uploaded the new drivers here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?3g847ltnxyll2xc

This package included both the onboard (motherboard based) drivers, and the HDMI audio drivers for AMD cards (which is preferable to use over the one that is packaged with the Catalyst drivers).

Both of these are R2.70, and both x86 and x64 drivers are included. The size is only 39MB as it was compressed using high compression settings in 7zip, which is why its significantly smaller than downloading both of these directly from Realtek.

3. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Thanks for the mediafire links. Realtek should be a shame to put links with that low speed.

4. GPUCoder

GPUCoder Member

GPU:
    ATI HD5870 CF @ 1GHz
    Thanks for the link thatguy91! Have you tested the drivers? I use right now 2.68 cause previews 2.69 ones had broken audio effects in my system. Can you check that for me? Thanks!:)

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I've placed the Win XP AND Vista/7/8 binaried into one archive and 7zipped them. You can grab them at the Guru3D link in the 1st post.

Thanks OP for the notice :)

6. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    previous version broke the equalizer and effects as well, hope that this one does not

7. GPUCoder

GPUCoder Member

GPU:
    ATI HD5870 CF @ 1GHz
    Same here. Can anyone of the guru3d that uses these drivers tell us if this problem is there in these? If I got no answer I gonna check them myself sadly and update you dude. That community's members are not so usefull and informative to me and others like in the past...:puke2:

8. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    So the community is not helpful simply because you're lazy and don't want to test them yourself? It's not like it even takes that long.

But yes, the broken audio effects are fixed.

9. GPUCoder

GPUCoder Member

GPU:
    ATI HD5870 CF @ 1GHz
    Thanks for the info, gonna install then.

Nope, it's not about laziness. it's about the frustration and waste of time me and everyone's got when we try in a month interval several drivers from AMD plus Realtek just to realize that they're bugged and have to revert back. Realtek driver installation asks for 2 reboots as far as I know so I prefered to ask than sorry.

And yeap, when a group of people and not just one person like me ask same thing in a forum and noone cares to asnwer even a simple yes or no that takes a couple of seconds there is a big problem in that community. I think forums like this exist for people to share ideas AND help each other.

:)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  10. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    lol should have posted yesterday, and yeah mixer works fine again.

11. GPUCoder

GPUCoder Member

GPU:
    ATI HD5870 CF @ 1GHz
    Thanks, too Viper. Confirmed, gonna install for sure. That info will help others too :)

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Others "testing" drivers doesn't necessarily give an indication as to how the drivers will work on your system....

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    would be easier if realtek just told use what was fixed or changed etc. its why i still use the original drivers my mobo came with. if it anit broke dont mess with

14. Titan29

Titan29 Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 | 7900XTX
    Is there any list of which chips are supported?

I am not sure but ASUS website lists the Realtek audio driver version for my motherboard (P9X79 Pro) as 5.10.0.6499&6.0.1.64.

Would I be able to install these drivers?
    Why is realtek version number (R2.70) different from the one on the ASUS website?