Watch Dogs Kadzait24 XML Full MOD 1.0 - Check out real Ultra Graphics

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kadzait24, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    2 Way SLI PNY GTX 770 2GB
    Hello everyone, im new over here but since i do game tweaking and mods for a long time i wanted to share my Watch Dogs XML full mod using all the engine settings not only with the few settings Ubisoft and Nividia shown to the people, that doesnt do too much.
    With all the engine settings i was able to improve Watch Dogs to the real "Ultra" Quality settings.
    I will post my 1.0 version from my XML soon here so you can grab it and use it at your game to see and feel Watch Dogs the way it was meant to be.
    It took a lot of time and effort to make it look like this since the game engine is pretty complex and the XML coding needed to be perfectly coded to run properly otherwise the game would just not take it. It needed correct spacing, characters, group nodes, etc.
    I also discovered some new settings that actually worked out as well.
    The improved XML contains:
    Better Physics
    Bloom
    Improved HDR
    Better Textures and mapping
    Better Rain and splashes quantity
    Improved Reflections in the water and for the cars
    Better Water, Vegetation and Geometry quality
    Improved LOD and FOV
    Better colors everywhere
    Better Shadows
    Better SSAO Quality
    Improved Lighting for the entire game
    And much more
    I will post here comparisions from the original "ultra" game settings and my XML MOD at the same place and Day conditions/weather so you can see the dramatic change in the game graphics.

A video at night and some calm raining:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvn93v_IC4k

VIDEO NIGHT HEAVY RAIN: - *XML update testing*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YVRzE_csqw

XML 2.0 Beta ( needs fixing stuff like the smoke particles, now a lot but flickers sometimes ) .

http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/58451866/file.html

Remember do not change anything at the graphics options or resolution/AA

You can edit the XML and change the resolution to your desired or Antialiasing method. The rest keep it the same.

If you mess up the XML coding it will stop working, even if you add 1 little space wrong so you get the idea.

For the XML , set it as read only ( this is very important )

Just copy/paste the entire code in the GamerProfile.xml and save it, read only. Dont keep anything from your old xml code.

And launch the game.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Dunno, looks about the same as any screens Ive seen on Ultra, maybe darker if anything

There is already a watchdogs config tweak tool out that lets you set Ultra to everything

3. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Well like i said i will post the comparision game ultra vs xml at the same place, and trust me it doesnt looks even closer to it.

Some video and not final yet:

youtube.com/watch?v=qvn93v_IC4k

I appreciate your comment though

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea looks good, but without a side by side I can't tell if it looks any different to mine

Looking forward to testing your xml once you have it ready though

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    If you want to truly customize the game instead of the presets used in the config xml file you can use this unpacker:

http://svn.gib.me/builds/disrupt/?C=M;O=D

Unpack the common archive and grab the engine folder in there.

Go to .\engine\settings and open defaultrenderconfig.xml

Make whatever changes you want to the presets you are using and then save the file, create a folder called patch and then copy the engine folder with the saved file into that and pack it with those tools to create a patch archive, place it with the others and the game will read that and use instead of the defaults.

So far I've modified a few dozen settings but Ultra (When available, PC otherwise or High for shaders.) is already pretty maxed out though you can always tweak a few things, water resolution up from 1024 to 2048 and next-gen water up from 1024 to 1536 (2048 and higher causes visual glitches.) can also change LOD distance or even disable if you don't want framerate at all, I'm using 0.25 though 0.75 (lower is better.) is probably the most you can do without serious framerate issues other than on the best available GPU's currently available.

Again though you can't enable some super hidden setting to restore the game to 2012 visuals though you can find a few hidden presets like Nextgen (PC is still higher though as is Ultra.) instead of Console and Orbis and Durango for specific PS4 and XBO tweaks. (Again PC and Ultra are higher, PC is "default" it seems and on par with High and Ultra is a bit higher still.)

Can't do proper descriptions but it's fairly easy really. :)
    (Trying to maintain 30 FPS but kinda difficult with the lower LOD distance - meaning it draws things further out, works the same as tweaking Far Cry 3 really which this engine is really close to.)

EDIT:

http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/13652314/file.html

Packed patch archive and the folder containing the modified file and the original for easy comparing, I changed the KillLodScale up to 0.75 instead of 0.25 which I'm currently using to preserve some performance but it's more example really.
    (Again it's not like you can bring back the original visuals, also this uses the highest quality presets without modifying the others so in-game visual quality should be set to that as well or the settings for that particular option won't take effect.)

EDIT: Given more tools and continued development allowing for more files to be unpacked and then changed this will also allow for gameplay mods and other alterations as well, not just simple config tweaks.
    (Again similar to early Far Cry 3 modding and then more complex stuff.)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  6. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Great info man ! I used the engine settings in the xml coding ( more than 200 settings ) and this will help as well. The water and stuff you talk about, i already tweaked it. My XML is not the 10 settings Nvidia shown to the people, they are more than 200 settings , group nodes, etc. Water and everything in the game is there.

7. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Yes thats why i said i will post comparision screenshots and you have 1 video there, the game doesnt even looks close to that and it was "beta" there too.

I will show comparision soon, and you will see the difference in 1 second.

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah there's so many settings, I just did a brute force comparison between the PC and Ultra presets (To know what to increase and decrease.) and then compared against UltraHigh that Far Cry 3 had as it's highest and tweaked a bit to match that since it's higher than the Watch_Dogs Ultra quality, simple stuff but it does work though you can't use Far Cry 3 for the new settings and the stuff Watch_Dogs deprecated plus more careful tweaking is better than just going crazy on the file like I did, which is why the above is mostly a example and not recommended for normal play. :D
    (Difference between FC3 and WD with like how the rain system is new to WD and how parallax was removed and the vegetation system changed.)

9. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Yes, there is some stuff "removed" but you can add it again most of those. Like the stupid bloom , that i dont see why they took it out, and all the rest i already turned on.

10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Interesting, more than I knew so I'm looking forward to seeing what you will release. :)

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Cool bring it on, anything that improves the look is ok in my book

Does it affect performance much ?

12. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Not much actually.

I have sli setup but sadly the game needs urgent patch for SLI since stutters a lot, but i tried the game with single gpu and at that settings it runs about 45 fps average at 1080p using SMAA. Not bad actually.

13. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Yeah right as we need more quality, the game runt with big stuttering issues, even on vanilla, why we need more quality to put ?

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    It's not the quality causing the stuttering, it's poor coding and bugs that ubisoft need to patch

15. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    yeah and from the past regarding ubisoft and fixing pc games, you really think they will come up with a fix for this game ?

16. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

No idea, apparently one is being made, but that shouldn't stop people modding it to look better

17. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Comparision Set 1

Well, i made 6 shots for comparision at pure day light, sunny, normal weather.

All the shots were taken in the same conditions of the game, i took them in the same moment, was hard to acomplish so time doesnt changes at all.

First screenshot is taken at the same moment the game loads the level.

The Ultra Retail has the preset Ultra and HBAO+ turned on, so its maxed out for Nvidia, the best you can see it with the retail release. Using temporal SMAA like the preset comes with.

1080p screenshots so 4k shots dont takes advantage.

For my XML i used the FXAA since thats what it comes at my XML, so for screenshots doesnt works out, but still you will see huge difference.

The main thing you will notice is the lighting, and then all the rest.

In movement the difference is even higher.

I will post later other comparision shots at other times of the day and weather.

Daytime 1 Ultra Retail:

imagebam.com/image/284dd9331051596

Daytime 1 Kadzait24 XML full mod:

imagebam.com/image/390611331051644

Daytime 2 Ultra Retail:

imagebam.com/image/ce0c63331051691

Daytime 2 Kadzait24 XML full mod:

imagebam.com/image/1ac2ad331051725

Daytime 3 Ultra Retail:

imagebam.com/image/0a448b331051752

Daytime 3 Kadzait24 XML full mod:

imagebam.com/image/e7eab1331051779

Daytime 4 Ultra Retail:

imagebam.com/image/1c74fb331051803

Daytime 4 Kadzait24 XML full mod:

imagebam.com/image/544156331051826

Daytime 5 Ultra Retail:

imagebam.com/image/d32575331051850

Daytime 5 Kadzait24 XML full mod:

imagebam.com/image/e3156c331051893

Daytime 6 Ultra Retail:

imagebam.com/image/ae144e331051936

Daytime 6 Kadzait24 XML full mod:

imagebam.com/image/16365e331051962

I cant show thumbnails yet i will edit when i can do that.

18. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Here you go - think I got them right

Original left - Modded Right

[​IMG]

19. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Thanks man !!!

Thats correct. I will do others at different conditions like i said, i wanted to start with daylight and normal weather since thats where the game looks the worse in the retail release.

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea it looks good compared to retail, reminds me of sweetfx effect for contrast but more detail

Get the .xml finished / uploaded, be good to see it in real time :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.