Apple tries to trademark the leaf's shape on its logo

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by k1net1cs, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Your down right hatred of Apple is impressive some times but this company is no where near as corrupt as others out there Walmart being one of the largest offenders and Google does some shady sh!t too. Your selective outrage towards one company and not another is amusing. At least all Apple is doing is messing with other companies not the consumer like Google does with their privacy infringements or Walmart with their borderline human rights violations.

I do however miss the days when Steve Jobs was running the whole show the company was not near as cut throat as it is today.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  2. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Hardly selective, Google is the main roadblock between Apple and their desire for a retarded patent monopoly banning everything of their competitors from electronics all the way down to drinking water. I hope Google get a patent for breathing and order Apple to asphyxiate.

We'd be screwed if a power like Google wasn't around to keep Apple at bay.
    You're kidding right? He was one of the main backers to begin this endless litigation. His exact words were that it will be "thermonuclear warfare" to destroy Android, because apparently any mobile OS is a ripoff.

3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Revers the roles and you would not be cheering that scenario I get it most people on here are Apple haters and Apple could cure cancer and y'all would still find fault. It's okay you continue to hate Apple in the over the top way that you do let your self get worked up and really angry next time you see someone with an iPhone or iPad. I will continue being myself and realize that the world will not end if Apple gets a trademark for a leaf logo. Have a wonderful day:).

4. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Lol, Apple have never invented anything and they prevent competition and advancement. So if the roles were reversed and they were being bullied through stupid patents, good riddance, no need for a company that never creates anything new. They are a cancer to the technological world, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out. I'm not "angry" but I'm not going to support a company that is causing so much damage. They'll never get a cent out of me, I was going to buy an HTC phone, but not anymore knowing that they have a license agreement with Apple that nets Apple supposedly ~$5+ per HTC phone sold.

I've already said too much, I said before I'm going to stay the hell out of these threads, I gotta remember that.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    You don't think Apple's BS patent suits increase cost for customers? Where do you think they get the money to pay their legal fees? Every dime they spend, they pass on to the customer.

My hatred of Apple? I bought my wife an iPhone and a **** ton of iTunes cards...I use iTunes for movies myself....think that pretty well speaks for itself....

I detest a lot of what Google does. I've made that rather clear in the appropriate threads. Google uses their "street view" cars to log router information and makes it public (promoting theft of service). Currently, my router uses both WPA and a mac filter due to this invasion of privacy. Google's "street view" drivers are also known to trespass to take pictures of private property in cases where they can't get a clear picture from the street. Google tracks where your android phone goes.... If Google had their way, "privacy" would come with a subscription fee paid directly to them.

As for Walmart, I know a lot of people that are happy to work for Walmart.....so, what "human rights violations" are you referring to?

6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Well don't buy a Samsung phone or product either. But really I for one have never claimed Apple "invented" anything however they have innovated many things the smartphone is one they may not have been the first to do a smartphone but you can't deny they revolutionized the market. The iPod yes there were many mp3 players available on the market but the "iPod works with iTunes" thing revolutionized that segment of portable music players. People thought tablets were dead because many manufactures had tried to make them before the iPad came to market look at the tablet industry now. For a company that's all bad they seem to have done a good job of stimulating the markets and competition has risen from that if you don't see that you are blind.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Problem is, Apple tries to use their patents to block competition. They're among the few companies that ask for bans on products they feel violate patents they hold. Most companies want financial awards and licensing deals, which stimulate innovation, not outright product bans.

8. Luumpy

Luumpy Master Guru

GPU:
    470gtx s/c
    Same here. And I try and stop EVERYONE I know from buying their crap.
    I bet ive cost Crapple $10,000 + in lost sales.. muhahahahaha:wanker:

Ya its not much, but im trying.

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    And I do agree that, that is wrong and any civil minded judge would laugh at the request that there be a ban. But that gives them leverage in court that they feel the financial penalty is more reasonable and the price does not get called into question as closely as if it were the only thing on the table. Apple has very good lawyers and they are masters at the spaghetti approach.

BTW I am in no way defending lawyers or Apple on that way of operation however they are operating completely within the bounds of the law. I think at this point we need to call the system into question not the ones who have found a way to use it to their advantage. You cure the disease not the symptoms.

10. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    No problem with them. My new iPad is awesome.

Wish I bought shares years ago.

Patents, schmatents! If you don't like don't buy simples.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    im sure we all wish we did that, Along with buy stock in oil and few other things when they didnt cost an arm and leg.

12. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Yeah if you had some shares about 5 years ago it would have made you a pretty penny by now, but I don't know if buying any is a smart choice at this point. I don't see them as dominant in 5 years from now.

13. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Think about which company logo that has a navy blue background which somewhat resembles a slanted leaf, though more like an oval. :p

You're preaching to the choir.

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I'm positive that Ford has their bases covered on that and Apple would be stupid to step on those toes.

15. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    No no no no no...I meant the one Apple is very bitter about.
    Y'know, rounded corners and everything? =b

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    OH!!! silly me you meant Samy yeah I'm pretty sure their logo is trademarked already but you never know.

BTW apple is not bitter about samsung it's a lovers quarrel iirc samsung is the main provider of the ips panels used in the retina displays at this point their very public disputes may be nothing more than publicity. I mean when you think of smartphones or tablets what are the first two manufactures that come to mind right now that's right Samsung and Apple. HTC, ASUS, Leveno, Micro$oft, Nokia all after thoughts.

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    a trademark on the design they're applying for wouldn't effect Samsung at all. Besides, Samsung already has a trademark for their logo.

18. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple have already started getting panels from LG and Sharp, and won't be long until they can be 'panels independent' from Samsung.
    If there's anything Apple (still) can't shift to other manufacturers even partially is their SOC, which is why they're being trolled by Samsung by jacking the manufacturing price around 20%.

A bit of humor is a good thing for the soul.
    Just saying.

Besides, obviously Samsung would've had a trademark for their logo for years.
    If anything, it's probably Apple trying to protect themselves from Samsung by having a similar shape (the leaf) on their Apple logo.
    They're probably afraid there will be someone else being as litigious as they are.

19. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    But people love Samsung for being said troll. I kid, but seriously I remember reading something about Sharp and LG not being able to keep up with Apple's demands like Samsung can and keep the quality. I don't see Apple being independent from Samsung on the display front for any foreseeable future.

20. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Ooookaaaay there Tim. :wanker: I don't think innovating new ways to file troll patents and lawsuits is something to be proud of.