Nvidia Driver error-system freezes on startup

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by shyrkhan, Aug 21, 2013.

1. shyrkhan

shyrkhan Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 8600 GT M 256 mb
    Hello guys, this is my first post here. I'm really desperate i don't know where else to turn...

So I reinstalled my OS yesterday, wanted to try out a 64bit Windows version. Everything was fine until i went to install my drivers. The problem is in the Nvidia driver. After install and reboot the system just hangs at the windows starting screen and i have to force shut it down. Tried installing different versions, older versions but nothing works. A little help here??

Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT M ( laptop version)
    The installed driver was a " Standard VGA Graphics adapter " and still is.. :/

::::Since this is a cracked version of windows, and it has only updates till 2009 i tried a driver from 2009 but even that doesn't work::::

Any ideas? Could it be the OS?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    You'll get no help due to
    "::::Since this is a cracked version of windows, and it has only updates till 2009 i tried a driver from 2009 but even that doesn't work::::"

3. shyrkhan

shyrkhan Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 8600 GT M 256 mb
    Well i have an original windows 7 and vista. I don't have money to buy a new os.
    But I understand. Thank you anyway :) I'm gonna go back to 32 bit, just wanted to solve this problem.

4. shyrkhan

shyrkhan Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 8600 GT M 256 mb
    Well i have an original windows 7 and vista. I don't have money to buy a new os.
    But I understand. Thank you anyway :) I'm gonna go back to 32 bit, just wanted to solve this problem.