Intel Chipset Software Installation 9.4.0.1022 Download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Joaoo

Joaoo Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6900

Thank you! I have 6 series then :D

2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    ? Literally all this driver does is give some devices under device manager proper names and nothing else. Any improved performance is placebo unless you're talking about intel RST drivers which are different.

3. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Do you need intel RST drivers drivers if you don't use RAID? I guess it would do nothing for you if you have an SSD as a boot drive and HD as secondary?

I don't currently have it installed.

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    While I wouldn't say you need them, there are benefits to using them. For one thing, it installs Intel's AHCI driver which gives better performance on the Intel SATA ports, especially for SSD's.

5. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Ok. I will give it a go. So do I have to just install the driver or install the driver and fiddle with options? I already have AHCI mode enabled in BIOS.

Do you have a link to latest driver please? Reason I ask is because yesterday I searched for it and ended up somewhere completely different on the M$ site!

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
  7. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Thanks IcE. Will do that after food! :)

8. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Looks like a few things need clearing up :)

The Intel chipset drivers are just INF's so the devices show properly in the Device manager, and so Windows can properly associate the generic driver if required. If you want to argue with this, just check out the INF's for yourself. You will find it contains no functional part apart from the device ID, and the string (the things that make the device name show in the device manager). The only 'functional' parts are the inf's that link the generic usb.inf, machine.inf etc to the device. The reason why pretty much nothing gets updated with each new INF, and why not all of the devices have the INF's specific string name etc is because there is quite literally no change with the inf's, apart from the name change and the driver date! so there is no point. The only possible, conceivable way that there is any 'benefit'' from using the -overall etc commands is if for some reason a device setting was stuffed up due to something you did, in which case the device is reset with using the INF.

For the AHCI driver, you should be using the actual AHCI driver, and not the inf. This does provide tangible differences, but it is a proper driver. If you don't have raid, only the driver is required, not the whole RST stuff, but it can be installed manually.

Also, in Windows 7, you need to use the Intel USB 3.0 driver if you have Intel USB 3.0. A different version of the driver is required if you are running a socket 1150 board compared to a socket 1155 board. This driver is not required (and not actually installable) on Windows 8 since Windows 8 has its own generic native USB 3.0 drivers. Windows 7 does not natively support USB 3.0, hence the requirement of the driver. I believe the INF chipset driver may make the USB 3.0 ports show in device manager and function, but they will only operate at USB 2.0 speeds under Windows 7 (the USB 3.0 driver must therefore be installed on Windows 7 for Intel USB 3.0 controllers).

9. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    How do I know if I have the USB 3.0 driver installed? Do you have a link to this driver?

Thanks for your explanation.

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    easiest way to find out for your self if to go to your motherboard manufacturers website and locate your motherboard's support page where you can download all drivers for it. Find the usb3.0 driver and see what manufacturer your motherboard uses. My board for instance uses Renesas Electronics USB3.0 driver so I went to their official site and downloaded the latest driver for there which ended up being newer than on my motherboard manufacturers website.

11. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
  12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050