Nvidia GeForce 310.64 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by [Arnold], Nov 28, 2012.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    There is a possible issue in windows8;
    Im affected by this 59.94HZ + vsync and triple buffer jitter/stutter.. I played L4d2 and it jittered almost all the time when i looked around.

My LCD doesn't have proper INF for windows 8 yet - Eizo didnt release its driver and now MS detects it as Generic pnp monitor. Although gpu driver detects it properly, but not its HZ.

For example Windows 7 device manager automatically downloads proper INF (FS2333 digital) and detects it as 60.00HZ. I wouldnt have notice it but then i saw the difference in BF3 - it displays HZ info.

Btw; Its a full HD Eizo Foris FS2333, can anything be done here or do i have to wait for Eizo?

edit: does anybody know where win7 device manager stores such INF's?

Ok i found it its in ..\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository, i installed it will see what BF3 says :nerd:

EDIT2: meh, it detects proper downsampling 2560x1440 @ 60.00Hz, but at native 1920x1080 its 59.94HZ, while in win7 @ 60.00Hz.

I tried manual resolution with 60.00HZ and nvcpl returns to native mode, ingame again only 59.94HZ selectable. 1680x1050 @ 59.95HZ, 1280x1024@ 60.02HZ.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  2. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB

thats normal. started in Win7 for some.

3. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I see there was a profile update today - anyone know what it fixed/broke?

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Here its fine in windows 7 it detects proper EDID with 60.00 or in BF3 60.00HZ, while in windows 8 it detects it as 59.94HZ. I wouldnt mind if were both 59.94HZ, to be honest i kinda expected 59.94 in win7 when i plugged it in.. Btw i have same 310.64 in both OS (dual boot).

Anyway maybe its just Eizo fault since there is no official windows 8 driver yet.

Edit: small correction; I logged in Win7 and tried BF3 - its exact 60.00Hz

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Stock Clocks on these bad boys, but thanks anyway. Reminds that when playing crysis 2 i had to drop core clocks by 50 to make the DSR's less frequent.

6. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    im guessing farcry 3 i notice it runs faster or maybe it just placebo effect

7. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    OT but not true, it took them months to fix the zero core bug and then it was reintroduced, and that was a WHQL driver. Nvidia seems to be a bit overextended with r310 though, or maybe it's just because of the p-state changes with the latest betas or whatever, 310.33 is working fine for me, problems first started with later drivers. Remember all of those are still beta though, I doubt those issues will exist with the WHQL drivers.

8. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    No update when I try.

9. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    How the drivers can make ur card hotter? :))) Clean ur fans and case from discoteque cockroaches and dust

10. texasrattler

texasrattler Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    U obvious don't know drivers very well. Any driver can have a effect on your card. nVidia a couple of years ago released some drivers that actually damaged ppls cards due to a fan issue. So yes drivers can cause damage when they r not properly developed. They have been known to not properly use the fans, cause more heat(that will happen when ur fan doesnt work), can cause latency spikes and they list can go on and on. Now not everything is related to drivers but the point is, yes its possible for drivers to cause problems/damage of all kinds.

11. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    This is true - but also remember as the drivers mature and games GPU usage goes up the temps may be hotter too, also limiting overclocking. Everyone immediately thinks it's a fan profile issue, it's not. I'm water cooled and since I've had my 680 I know that more games use more of my GPU and thus it will run a few degrees hotter as that happens.

I love when a new set of drivers come out, people see higher game usage and hotter temps and assume there is something wrong with the drivers. Nope, it's just using your hardware more, higher temps or the ability to OC being limited are the side effect of that too...

12. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Very good point! That makes alot of sense.

Now all we need to do is put this as a MUST SEE sticky on the driver forum sections and we can save alot of people saying this now! :)

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    In addition, some people forget that using higher quality Anti Aliasing and other features also brings the temperature higher up.

As for FarCry 3, didn't experience any stuttering or slow downs in fps under combat with the drivers original profile (Direct X 11)

14. swecarl

swecarl Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780ti Sli
    All drivers newer then 306.97 makes World of Warcraft hang for me (screen goes black if im on skype i can still speak but i cant switch out of the black screen and i have to press the reset button). All other games work fine tho. The crashes are random in Wow, it can crash after 10min or 5hours, altho with 306.97 it never hangs.

15. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I think those problems are exclusive to SLI users. Didn't see anyone with a single GPU complain about it.

16. PcZoneExtra

PcZoneExtra Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 GAMING 4G
    So Disappointed

This is terrible today is launch for premium users BF3: AFTERMATH.And we still have error:Bf3 stopped working i am on 306.23 driver becouse 306.97 driver on idle running 3d clocks,so my MSI gtx 660 ti pe edition not seen good and new driver for a looooong time.:bawl:

17. vinicinhopolaco

vinicinhopolaco Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560ti 1GB
    Crashing in BF3 and Far Cry 3 here. :-(

18. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    AMD released new driver that improve FC3 performance up to 25%, probably gonna take a good lead, we see with the new benches...

19. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Aftermath is out? Damn had no idea. Starting download now!

Btw, I previously reported that a reinstall of 301.64 fixed the crashes for me, but ever since I downclocked my cards by 50mhz (which I normally do) the game started crashing again.

After the reinstall I did not apply my download, just had MSI AB for it's overlay. Now I get crashes but I'm not sure if it's only because of the downclock as I didn't get the chance to test it extensively.

20. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    Aftermath won't start until Dec 4th for Premium accounts. Some people said they saw a start date of Dec 3 2012 in places. I see servers that have players but when I try to join it says I have to download it, but nothing shows up within origin even though it downloaded last night.