Tekken 7 will use U4E, might come to PC too..

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by -Tj-, Jul 13, 2014.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Tekken 7 (PC)

http://gematsu.com/2014/07/tekken-7-leaked-uses-unreal-engine-4?wt=3

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  2. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    WILL IT? waiting for a tekken for pc ever since, though emulators do great job. if they release tekken 7 for PC, it sure buy from me

3. mjw

mjw Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX660Ti 2GB SC
    if it comes to pc... life over :(

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I would be very much surprised if this would ever hit PC.

5. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I think a PC version is extremely unlikely.
    Tekken is a Playstation IP first and foremost and I'm not convinced there is an audience for fighting games on PC.

6. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    The problem is surely more that untill really late ( Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat ), they was never released on PC.. Offtly because they was allready exclusive to one console.

7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I had really hard problems with the match making in several fighting games on pc (while it worked fine on the console versions) , so i cant really be bothered tbh.

My current pov is i rather see no pc releases then broken pc releases. (especially when they dont care to fix it)
    really fed up with the mess at times.

8. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Only there is a good audience on the PC. Mortal Kombat did a lot better on release than expected, and the Street Fighter games always do fairly well. The PC market is a lot more diverse than some people think, a lot tend to think it's just FPS players. I mainly game on the PC and can't stand the vast majority of FPS titles. It's easy to say there's no market when companies aren't releasing the games in order to find out.

9. typeAlpha

typeAlpha Guest

GPU:
    ATi 7850 2GB
    Would much rather have an enhanced PC version of Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown with good netplay.

Still, really can't see Tekken franchise coming to PC.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Exactly.

As for Tekken7 & PC well Lets hope for the best.. I think it will be possible, MKKE set the first steep and now they're continuing with MK X.

11. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    http://youtu.be/ZpKZimcWLi4

I have a friend who I have beaten at TTT2 a total of 4 times in 3 years.

I suck at the game, but just love to play it. One of the best fighting games in the history of gaming ever.

12. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    There is usually a good reason why publishers aren't interested in bringing fight games to PC. MK may have done "better than expected" but it all comes down to return on investment. For all we know this Tekken could require a much beefier machine and therefore the adressable PC market in that case shrinks significantly.

I'm not against seeing Tekken on PC obviously but I have the hardest time believing Namco will bother and I can't blame them for that.

The PC is the least important platform for AAA publishers.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    U4E needs AMD7900/NV GK104 & average quad core with 4-8gb ram to run properly 60fps etc.

^
    A better gaming PC and there is a lot of this now, much more then 1-2 years ago.. That's why most U4E games got postponed to Q1 - Q4 2015, because gamers machines still need to catchup a bit - 3tflops is the standard for u4e.

Anyway, I think it will be possible, I didnt say it will, dunno why all this negative overview of it.. He said it would be easier to port on anything if they want, so there is a chance still. :)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    he could be talking about the wii-u though ;)

15. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    The problem here is, a lot of the big publishers are massively out of touch with what people want. It's impossible to know how well something will do unless you give it a chance. Divinity: Original Sin is a great example of this, it's had the number one spot on Steam for quite some time now and prior to that did very well with the kickstarter. This is despite the fact a lot of people in the industry believing that there was 'no market' for that type of game anymore. The success of other projects in the TRPG arena further helps provide evidence for this, and lets not forget the already incredibly successful space-sims such as Elite Dangerous that were all but neglected by developers and publishers for better part of a decade.

A return is a return at the end of the day, and there's obviously a healthy one on the PC with fighting games. If there wasn't we wouldn't have seen a flurry of releases which have sold very well over the past couple of years. Studios need to quit with this mentality that a game has to make silly money in order to be a worthwhile investment. Considering how many of them have had troubles lately it obviously hasn't been helping them.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014

16. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    If it actually comes to PC (knocks on wood) which, I honestly doubt it. I would jump straight away and buy it with my eyes closed... I love the Tekken series.

17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Never ever played such a game, but as far as i can see those are typical Console/Arcade Hall Games.

18. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Well surprises may happen but I think you are vastly overestimating the profitability of the PC market with regards to fighting games. Namco may very well see things differently than me though.

19. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'm confident that I'm not, and we've plenty of evidence from the past couple of years to support that.

20. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I won't be surprised if Namco isn't interested in the PC market for Tekken and won't blame them.