G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Apr 9, 2012.

1. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Me. In my first playthrough did almost everything that could be done. 180hs playing with a nord/prostormcloack/thief/assassin. Then i started a new character on a completely opposite way, proimperial/khajiit/heavyarmor/twohanded guy. Got bored of it pretty fast, like 30hs or so.

Whereas in Oblivion i started tons of characters, i had a few 100hs+ characters, plus a bunch of 50hs characters. I loved the first levels (before bandits in glass armor appeare).

Skyrim just doesnt drives me back to play again for some reason, its like there is a lot more content but it isnt as rewarding to play. Much of the main stuff to do isnt very interesting except for the fact that you get to see more cool environments, but as for the story, characters or their relation/influence in the world, its pretty much "meh".

The only good thing about the MQ is probably Paarthumax, as for the Civil War questline and the guilds, there isnt much memorable stuff, just a bunch of underdeveloped characters with underdeveloped motives in very developed environments.

I dunno, Oblivion left a better impression than Skyrim, TW1, TW2 and DAO too. Make no mistake, i didnt replayed DAO, and i left my 2nd TW2 playthrough in the 3rd chapter BUT i dont feel bad about them at all, they pretty much did what they were intended to do. As for Skyrim, it has some severely lacking aspects that i expected them to be better, specially after playing New Vegas, which could be viewed as a different point of view of Beth's characteristic open world take on RPGs, which i liked way more than FO3 and Oblivion (even with the invisible wall in some parts).

I had hoped Beth would learn a lot from Obsidian's take on their stuff but alas seems that Beth kinda set what they have tried with FO franchise way too apart from TES. For example, i dont think that someone would have complained about extensive use of skill checks for dialogue like FO3 and (to a greater extent) FONV uses or localized damage (legs, arms, head, torso, etc) that was used in creatures and humans, which gave much more life and deph to combat.

Very annoying to think "Why i cant hack their arms appart so they dont block!" when swinging a battleaxe or why i cant cripple the legs of some distant target with a bow. Thats something they had working pretty well before but was left out for no apparent reason (like say, removing spell crafting without adding new interesting spells at all).

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Unmarked_Locations_(Skyrim)

Was going trough the unmarked locations (Most of them listed above.) via a modification that adds map markers to many of them ( http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=14976 ) and found a rather funny location, seems it's leveled though so visiting it early will just yield low quality items.
    ( http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Pincushion_Peter )

EDIT: To avoid double posting I'll just edit this existing post, might be more easily missed though others will likely report on it also so it's not much of a concern. :)

http://yfrog.com/odtyxcurj

That appeared on their Twitter like account.
    ( http://yfrog.com/user/Bethblog/profile Unless it's meant for Rage or something.)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  3. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Some ppl say its not Skyrim and i agree. Thats definitively not ingame I dont see Beth doing more CG trailers besides that small part of the first Skyrim trailer. Besides this:

4. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning

5. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

6. I just had one of those rare gaming moments that really make you pause for a second and go "Wow... what did I just witness". In a good way. A very very good way. So good I can't go any further in the game without writing about it first :D

I have a lot of mods installed, so if you need to know which ones I am using. I'll share my list.

*very slight spoilers below*

I was making my trip to the shrine of Azura from a nearby coast town wearing my dark nightingale armor.

My character is currently a vampire, but looking for a cure (I am currently RP'ing that he needs the soul gem of Azura to get cured, not just any regular black soul gem with a greater soul) so he is on his way there during the night.

A blizzard is raging along the mountains and journeying his way across the mist he finds himself in the middle of a large battle between the Stormcloaks and the Legionnaires.

The two are tearing each other apart, with the Legionnaires having the advantage at first but eventually losing that advantage by being flanked by Stormcloak archers. My characters doesn't get involved in the battle and travels on.

It was amazing seeing how original the AI can be in these situations, with lone Legion archers hiding in Ice crevices to stay out of the open only to eventually get shot off the cliff flying for hundreds of yards.

I move on and find an old Dwemer ruin in the mountains where I notice a giant is fighting some wolves. All of a sudden I hear a dragon's cry and look up. He is flying above the field and I hide to hopefully escape his notice. (I am using deadly dragon mods and they are much harder than in vanilla, a powerful dragon can take on an army, as it should be).

Suddenly the most beautiful thing I have seen in gaming happens. While I look at the dragon flying above me he lets out a dragon shout and the raging blizzard turns into hard rain. Solid ice spears fall from the sky and I stop sneaking and start rushing away towards some cover in the mountain paths ahead.

Luckily the dragon ignores me and takes on the giant. I run forward without looking back, but the rain does not stop. There are goats, deer and all sorts of wildlife running around in panic as the storm rages on.

Just as I feel I have escaped danger and I am safe away from the dragon, he swoops in above me. I go into sneak and luckily he hasn't noticed me. After a couple of rounds the dragon, who was obviously victorious against the giant, decides it's time to rest. He lands himself on a high mountain peak and goes to sleep.

The rain stops and snow starts once again gently falling from the sky as the sun comes up. Soon after I reach Azura's shrine, which is another amazing sight with the sun glare gleaming from behind it.

That was the last hour or so of Skyrim for me. Suffice it to say: Best, game, ever.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2012
  7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I had wondered where this thread went :p

Currently not playing myself anymore, but that has to do with the fact that i want a GTX 680 4GB :) I could buy a Gainward Phantom already, but i'm not up for 2 x 80MM Fans as a "Silence Freak"

I do keep updating addons and check NMM daily tho ;)

8. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Finished the main quest.

I don't feel like returning to it too often now,
    i still got some things to do... but it all just feels the same.

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I lost interest in the game after reaching lvl 53. Hardly touched it in last several weeks. Think I did all the good quests, have no patience for the silly ones that bounce you from one NPC to another to do whatever mediocre job may be required. I dont think I will replay the game again. Kind of surprised because loved it early on and saw much replay value but I guess not any more at this point in time.

10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I'm playing Kingdoms of Amalur, will continue Skyrim in a bit.

11. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    is their a mod to slow leveling curl in game?

i find making it to level 20 is super easy and then to 30 is easy and then it starts to slow for me at level 40.

what would be great is a mod that increases the XP needed to level possibly x2 or x3 times the current games xp needed

12. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    You could try this:
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=1175
    Play with the values contained therein.

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Will continue soon here aswell, seeing the 4GB GTX 680 costs about 560 Euro now, which is a fair price for an additional 2GB.

14. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    Level Curve Rebalance
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=1094

how did he edit the EXP needed to level up as i really want to edit my own, ya see id like the skill perks to level as they do now but if like the over all needed EXP to level increased more

i basically want the over all leveling progress to take 3-5times longer, so that whe i get say a steal set of armor their isnt ebony or else within 1hour of game play to upgrade to, im fed up with leveling so fat that its worthless me playing anymore once i get to white run as i have all the best gear..

i can get to level 45 a few hours of game play and then i still have 70% or more of the world to explore but no reason to

15. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Hey Guys

I'm having a little trouble in Skyrim! Is there anyway to Fast Travel out of an area that wouldn't normally let you? I'm trapped in Forbidden Legend I think it is. The rotating door, or whatever its called is shut and I can't get back out. I've killed the three peeps in there and Re-Forged the Amulet, however I know can't get out.

I could reload a saved game, but I'd have to go back to the beginning and I really can't be bothered to go throw it all again.

Tbh I'm not sure how I got through, as I didn't unlock the door, I just seemed to pass through it whils't attempting to unlock it, must have been a glitch in the game. Knew I shouldn't have continued as I saved over the part where I was stood at the door and may now have to start again :(

So any help to get out of here without going through it all again would be great, even if I have to use a cheat to get out I don't care lol

16. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    coc Whiterun

should work mate via console

coc <cell id>

The Center On Cell command instantly teleports you to the center of any cell location you type in.

Example: coc riverwood, or coc whiterunorigin/riftenorigin/markarthorigin etc.)
    NOTE: All cells have a coc location code. A complete, searchable list of these codes is listed here
    http://www.skyrimsearch.com/cells.php.
    NOTE#2: COC doesn't teleport you to the same place using fast travel would. Instead it teleports you to a specific pre-programmed point in that cell. This may sometimes place you in the middle of a dungeon on the wrong side of a locked door without a way to open that door from your side.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  17. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Cheers mate, worked like a charm!

Glad I didn't have to re do all that lol hate having to redo parts lol

18. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    no problem mate anytime, im looking for help modding the exp gain in the game, happen to know anything about it look at my post on page before please if you do

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  20. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    That video was awesome. :D