Crysis 3 #2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Feb 24, 2013.

1. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
  2. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    It's offical , my card fallen to this game, 15-30FPS on HIGH ( not very high ).
    Is it time to upgrade ? :D

3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Check GPU and CPU (for each core) use before deciding what to upgrade.

4. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    No. Wait for the new AMD drivers. They should improve a lot for Crysis 3. If not, my next cards will be made by nVidia. :D

5. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    GPU is constant 100%, and card seems to be out of memory (950mb used showed by GPUz).

CPU is getting bored there i'd say, looking at 25-38% usage, no more than 50% on each core.

6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    If thats in the beginning of the game, then maybe not. Study the tweaks, experiment with settings (ie, shadows = medium, not high will gain you some FPS without compromising IQ), turn off AA and you may be able to get by.

7. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    I'm getting pretty bad input lag at times with this game.

8. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    I said to myself "WHAT" ? ending is very weird :D. But just last level puts every other game into 2'd category :D, I never tought we will see graphic like that so soon :D, this game looks like one big concept art :)

9. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    set max pre-rendered frames in vn control panel to '1', try the CVar Configurator also.

10. beseitfia

beseitfia Guest

GPU:
    SLI x2 MSI Gtx980 Gaming
    No matter what i set (all low or very high) and even if i set the lowest resolution my fps cant pass 70 fps...is that a bug?

11. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Ah, 1GB ram might be a problem.
    Disable Aero, that will free up 100MB or so.
    Disable vsync too (if its active) and see what it can max at.

12. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Anyone else had any instances where you come off a session and then on the next load the game has jumped to a different checkpoint? That's just happened to me, lost about an hour or more of game time.

13. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Although the game runs 57-60 fps (adaptive vsync on) I also noticed some delay/lag, for me aiming in crysis 2 was easier!! :) game was more responsive :)

14. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    I disabled VSYNC and reduced texture resolution , i'd say its playable now 30 to 60 FPS , depending on the scene. Some settings high some medium.

To bad high end cards are soo expensive now :p

15. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I've been frame-limiting some of my games lately including C3 to 40 fps. It runs very nicely at that cap, and a 5-6c drop in GPU temps.

16. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    I will never again complain about Low amount of players online,in Black ops 2. Crysis 3 multiplayer is almost a ghostown and the game hasn`t been out 1 week. Like previous Crysis games it`s just a glorified Benchmark tool for PC snobs. To be fair it`s console counterpart is also lacking online gamers. My only complaint about online is the terrible ADS sensitivity.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  17. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Whaaa...? I'm finding bunch of near full games (filtered out full/empty) with 18 ping (I assume that means they are near me) at 5:00 AM in the morning...

18. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    hyper threading works!!

Due to many games not having any gains from hyperthreading I have had it off for a while.

However, I have just spent the morning testing and would you believe that crysis 3 especially for SLI users has big gains from it.

With hyper threading off looking over train yard at start of level framerates:

hyper threading off = 48-50

hyper threading on = 57-60

This is a huge difference, had to clock cpu down to 4.2 but boy was it worth it.

Gpu usage is now at 98-99% on both 680's.

The drops on the bugged levels are still there, not as low however but that is something Crytek have to sort out.

For me I am now satisfied with performance on my machine.

19. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    That's what happen when you let Unreal Tournament mp have sex with Black Ops 2 mp, it created the crappy child of Crysis 3 Multiplayer.

Really is too bad, as the campaign was fun, the Multiplayer in this game is just way too sh!tty for anyone to stay. After the 2x XP weekend end, it will be even less player.

20. Billerdo

Billerdo Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 1gb
    anyone who have hd6850 or similar gpu can say if the game it's playable at 1080p? i have crysis 2 running at 50-80 fps with medium setting + hd texture, so can i play c3 with the same setting or at least on low? i really want to play it but i have not money to upgrade, since to play well at higher setting means to upgrade cpu+mobo+ram+gpu :-(