NVIDIA GeForce 301.24 Beta Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by DeusEXMachina, Apr 9, 2012.

1. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    I'm not using XP.

2. progrox

progrox Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 270X 2GB OC
    The setting of '0' = 'Use the 3D application setting'. Which is usually around 3, I think?

3. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Pink screen fixed with these drivers:banana: confirmed :)

regards,
    RagDoll.

4. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Wdf game run fine here

5. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    wrooong lol.

setting to 0, which i do for my global profile for all of my games, will not cause any game to not run like you said. there is no correlation between the number of cpu cores you have and what it should be set on. As long as you have more fps than your refresh rate(all the time) i recommend setting it to 0 pre rendered frames to eliminate input lag, COD series is a good example. for games where you occasionaly have less fps than your refresh rate, you will drop frames if set to 0, so for those, either set it to 1-3 depending how often you dip below refresh rate

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Cap the framerate at 58 or 73 depending on your refresh. Minimizes input lag greatly.

7. GAR818

GAR818 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    GTX 680 still stuck on pcie2 on the x79

8. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
  9. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    is it me or did these sets of drivers does not allow forced ambient occlusion in skyrim for outside places? buildings dungeons and the like i see the AO effect but when roaming the province AO doesn't seem to register on grasses and even on your feet anymore

10. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Hmm, works or for me Viper, using performance setting.

11. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Seems like the 32bit XP driver enables "Frame Rate Limiting" in Inspector. But it doesn't actually work. Shame, HOWEVER FXAA works in everything i've tried so far in XP!

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Depending on the psu it could still be enough though. My PC doesn't use more than ~300W under load, has a higher CPU speed / load and the cards (depending on clockrates and voltage) should be more or less even.

13. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    using performance settings as well, setting it either on nvidia inspector or nvidia control panel doesn't seem to have an effect '__'
    perhaps a mod/the patch did sumthin?

14. garwoyden

garwoyden New Member

GPU:
    ASUS TOP GTX 670 1313Mhz
    Delete

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  15. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    when i set it to 0, some games refuse to even run (aka launch) they either crash to desktop immediately or show a black screen with the audio playing in the background normally.

if i set to 1-4 games launch and play fine.

i just tried it and it happened on both my computers with different nvidia cards and different drivers, 2nd pc got the gtx480 with 285.xx whql and this pc got the gtx680 with 301.10.

i have no explanation for this, can't be coincidence.

on the other hand you are right about the skipping frames, if i set the value to 1, racing games skip frames when i turn in NFS, ColinMR, etc. ironically FPS or 3rd person games don't skip frames at all. ;)

anyway a value of 2 has always worked best for me, but everyone should experiment and find their optimal value.

16. Ziggieke

Ziggieke Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 100 ME
    problem with text since install

I have blurry/fuzzy text in my Windows Live Mail application.

See this post as well with another person having the same issue.
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1232581/nvidia-301-10-whql-drivers/30#post_16874261

I have the same trouble - looking around on the net I see this was at some point also a problem for ATi cards and older nVidia driver releases.
    Did this batch of drivers (re?)introduce it?

I've tried the 'solutions' there were available (for older driver releases) and non-related things my guess (newest version of silverlight install), all to no avail.

Is there a certain setting in the new drivers that wasn't available before that may be the root cause of this?

I look forward to any experts having suggestions.

17. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    Do not set FXAA on globally.

18. dralkalde

dralkalde Guest

GPU:
    Zotac gtx 580 Amp!
    green earth?

With this driver my fps falled to 17 with afterburner and the amper rating of my Zotac gtx 580 amp! was no more than 16 - 17 amper... Very green... All the other games and Benchy's had the same limit...
    I am a All Goore fan, but this is too much.
    With the last oficial driver my fps were always more than 60 and the power and amperes of my zotac were 80.
    What to do?

19. pasanen

pasanen Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 980
    Amazing! And these are the very first drivers EVER that I've run into this problem; with my current or ANY other setup.

20. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I dont believe 300W is your max.

Your specs dont show any overclock.
    Overclocking with that PSU is asking for trouble or at best, a shortened PSU life.
    The TDP of the GTX470 alone is 215W without overclocking.

His PSU wasnt a decent brand/build, yours is a Seasonic X, he had less headroom and less protection.
    Its like comparing apples and oranges, but yours is still a small orange.

I cant find Palits PSU recommendation, EVGA recommend a minimum 550W or 38A on 12V for a GTX470 based system.
    As PSUs age, they lose headroom (max power out reduces), the harder you push it, the faster it happens.
    When your PSU is brand new, it fits the 'minimum' spec with no overclocking.

If you want to take risks, all power to you.
    But you shouldnt take risks with other peoples hardware, even worse when you dont know what you are talking about.
    Especially with no caveats or warning.