RivaTuner v2.10 is on the way!

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Dear forum visitors,

I've returned after vacation with new version, which is entering closed beta testing stage tomorrow and is expected to be released within 1-2 weeks. Changes list includes:

Minor bugfixes:

* Fixed core clock gating detection code for G8x and newer display adapters. RivaTuner no longer erroneously detects core clock generator switching to PCI-E bus clock and no longer monitors wrong 100MHz core / shader clock under certain conditions (e.g. wrong shader clock on GeForce GTX 260 / 280 series in idle mode).

What's new:

* Added ForceWare 177.xx drivers family support.
    * Updated databases for Detonator and ForceWare drivers. Added databases for ForceWare 177.26, 177.35, 177.39, 177.41, 177.66, 177.70, 177.72, 177.73, 177.79, 177.83 and 177.89.
    * Added Catalyst 8.5, 8.6, 8.7 and 8.8 drivers detection.
    * Updated Catalyst 8.5, 8.6, 8.7 and 8.8 certified SoftR9x00 patch script (for Windows 2000/XP drivers only).
    * Improved NVIDIA GT200 graphics processors family support. Thanks to Jacob Freeman @ EVGA for providing NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 display adapter sample for testing.
    * Added AMD RV770 graphics processors family support. Now almost all RivaTuner's features including overclocking, low-level fan control and hardware monitoring are fully available on AMD RADEON HD 48x0 series display adapters. Thanks to Hilbert Hagedoorn @ The Guru of 3D for providing AMD RADEON HD 4850 display adapter sample for testing. Please take a note that currently RivaTuner doesn't support direct access to RV770 I2C bus and flashrom, so VRM monitoring and VGA BIOS image dumping features are currently not available on AMD RADEON HD 48x0 series.
    * Improved set of technologies aimed to improve RivaTuner startup and usage safety in conjunction with other hardware monitoring and diagnostics related tools:
    o Previously used low-level I2C synchronization protocol is now also applied to driver-level fan control calls to prevent possible conflicts between low-level I2C transactions and internal driver-level I2C transactions. Please take a note that to take full effect the protocol must be supported by other tools used simultaneously with RivaTuner, so please ensure that you're using this version of RivaTuner with the latest versions of other monitoring or diagnostics related software products (e.g. Everest or EVGA Precision).
    * Updated bundled RivaTunerStatisticsServer v2.7.0 utility:
    o New server uses improved hook notification system and more aggressive hooks unload routines aimed to minimize the situations which require system reboot during server uninstallation.
    o Updated pseudo-3D applications list.
    * Improved hardware monitoring module:
    o Now hardware monitoring plugin activation wizard module enables ADT7473 plugin by default on GeForce GTX 260 / 280 series display adapters.
    o Improved memory clock gating detection for GeForce GTX 260 / 280 series display adapters.
    * Updated license agreement. New license agreement explicitly restricts publishing any links to RivaTuner on www.nvnews.net homepage or in www.nvnews.net discussion forums.
    * Minor UI changes and improvements.

The most of changes are related to RADEON HD 48x0 family support, so I need a few experienced RivaTuner users with 48x0 hardware users for testing it. If you're interested - contact me via PM or directly via this thread.

EDIT: Guys, I've selected about 20 testers from those who sent beta-program joining requests via PM. Thanks a lot to everyone who wanted to help with testing, beta-team is full now and there are no more additional testers needed. Thanks for your wish to help once again.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  2. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    So if i understand this right, core voltage control won't be available just yet, only pure overclocking.

3. virtualex

virtualex Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870-800/4400
    great news, thank you.

count me in for 48xx series beta testing under vista x64 :)

4. Unwinder

Not only "just yet". Voltage control was never available in RT GUI and it will be never available there in future.

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Well, thats crappy considering it can be done and it does all the difference when OC-ing.
    Where OC with CCC ends at 690MHz with artefacting in some games, ATT allows me to clock to 750MHz artefact free in most games. But then this version is totally buggy on all ends beyond usability...

6. philheckler

philheckler Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx470 SLI
    I'd only be to happy to try this new version with my 4870....

I've got vista 32 and widows xp on my rig...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  7. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Thanx Unwinder! Now i can finally use RT with my 4870! :banana:
    I'm using Vistax64 btw.

8. justifireb2b

justifireb2b Member Guru

GPU:
    3x Asus GTX280 TRI-SLI
    Unwinder, is there a way to get around the core / shader clock on GTX260 / GTX280 ?
    Even ulinked you cant go much higher with core without upping the shadercore.
    I know this is something hardware, but isn't it possible to get around this ?
    Really holds a lot op pepole from going any higher with coreclocks.

9. Unwinder

No. Due to hardware architecture specifics core clock to shader clock ratio cannot be less than 2. There is no way to bypass it.

10. justifireb2b

justifireb2b Member Guru

GPU:
    3x Asus GTX280 TRI-SLI
    That's a shame :(
    Was thinking of trying to flash the bios with higher clock / lower shaderclock, but after reading this, that seems useless.
    Thanks for the clear information Unwinder :thumbup:

11. Snarl

Snarl Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
    Unwinder, I currently have a Diamond Black Edition HD4870. I'm using ATI Tray tools currently for temperature based fan control only (not overclocking beyond Factory 800/1100) however I'd be pleased to help test Rivatuner, I've used Rivatuner (up to V 2.09) for quite a while (1 Year Plus) with my 8800GTS 640MB so I'm framiliar with the basics on Fan Control profiles.

12. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Is my card supported by this new version?

13. r2rX

r2rX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 480
    Great news, Unwinder.

Since moving to the ATi HD4870, i've been using/testing ATi Tray Tools. So far, overclocking and fan control have functioned with it.

I do have a question, however.....is there any chance that RivaTuner will support overall tweaking control for ATi cards i.e. OpenGL settings, Direct3D settings, Colour Control settings etc?

Also, is it possible to get Refresh Rate Locking/Control working with ATi cards (specifically the 4800 (or 4870 specifically) series) for DX9 (and pre), OpenGL and DX10? If you know how to get refresh rate locking/control working for DX10, would you mind assisting Ray Adams and informing him how to?

Hope I am not causing any trouble with my requests.

Otherwise, i'd be more than willing to assist in testing RT. :)

14. Grendel_66

Grendel_66 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Welcome back ! Hope you had a great vacation :) Looking forward to RT 2.10.

15. |TX|-LORD-EX-BU

|TX|-LORD-EX-BU Member

GPU:
    Visiontek Geforce4 Ti 4200 128 Meg
    does my nvnews edition eVGA GTX 280 work with this?

16. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    This version is still beta and only for testing by experienced users. You will have to use the current release until this version is released. RivaTuner-v2.09 works fine for most tasks unless you have a card from the AMD/ATI RADEON HD 48x0 family. http://downloads.guru3d.com/RivaTuner-v2.09-download-163.html

17. Blahman

Blahman Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 4GB (2x SLI)
    I would also like to beta test if possible. Long-time advanced RT user; running a new Radeon HD 4870 under Vista x64.

18. Unwinder

Actually there was a typo in my posting, read "core clock to shader clock ratio cannot be less than 2" as "shader clock to core clock ratio cannot be less than 2". But I think you've got the idea anyway.

19. Unwinder

Partially. The functionality is limited to single GPU only, i.e. you'll be able to monitor single GPU clocks/temperatures/GPU load only as well as o/c will be only applied to single chip in crossfire mode. There are no plans to provide Crossfire support in the nearest future, sorry.

20. Unwinder

Guest from nvnews? Keep willing death to Ossetian people and propoganding Russia nuking idea outside this forum please. Such things (addressed to any nation, btw) will not be supported here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.