RTSS 6.5 and the new Path of Exile Client

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by widardd, Nov 22, 2016.

1. widardd

widardd Guest

GPU:
    HD7870
    Hi,

has anyone managed to get RTSS working on the new PoE client?
    It's using x64 and D3D11.

I don't think the API is actually the problem since RTSS is working fine for me in Civ6 and D3D12.

Seems like it's something else.

Thanks for any help. :)

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I was wondering why the OSD didn't display for that game, haven't started tinkering with any compatibility options yet however but I'm fairly certain it can be made compatible with some profile specific adjustments. :)

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

#1 candidate in cases when OSD is disappearing for online games is the anticheat.

4. widardd

widardd Guest

GPU:
    HD7870
    There is no weird anticheat shield malware in place like in your typical nexon game, and it does work in the d3d9 client. ;)

5. zzrvcqne

zzrvcqne Guest

Can confirm, works fine in DX9 but not with the new DX11 client (fps limit also inactive). Bandicam still shows and limits FPS on both versions.
    Unwinder, do you have any ideas what else to try or is it a game client issue we should report to the developers?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2016
  6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

No ideas, I can only offer to try using iw6sp64_ship.exe.cfg for that application. If that doesn't work, I'm afraid you're out of luck because I don't own this game.

7. zzrvcqne

zzrvcqne Guest

Thank you for the advice, I tried it but no luck. The game is f2p, though (only 4-6 GB download (...pathofexile.com/downloads/PathOfExileInstaller.exe), also available on Steam).
    Account (Steam account also sufficient) is not needed, since log-in screen is enough to test if RTSS works.

8. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    IF you haven't the OSD functioning yet, try adding PackCheck.exe to RTSS, and the OSD should work.

9. widardd

widardd Guest

GPU:
    HD7870
    Do you know what that executable does? It's completely unrelated.

Even though that suggestion didn't make any sense, I tried it out, doesn't change anything. ;)

10. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I'm not sure, but the OSD worked for the game when I added it to RTSS. It could be because that ex is a verification program and is always scanning the game for corrupted/missing files.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016

11. widardd

widardd Guest

GPU:
    HD7870
    For the new x64 d3d11 client? Not the default x86 d3d9 one?

This one: PathOfExile_x64Steam.exe

12. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Hooking for the DirectX 11 beta doesn't seem to work. Hooking in Direct X 9 works fine. Let me do some testing and I'll get back to you on Direct X 11.

13. widardd

widardd Guest

GPU:
    HD7870
    Great, thanks in advance! :)

14. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Well, I've done all the testing I can think of to get it to work in DirectX 11. So far it's a no go. The ONLY thing I can think of is that the Direct X 11 mode is beta and something must be missing that RTSS uses for hooking. If RTSS usage is a must, I'd just use the Direct 9 version and wait until the DirectX 11 mode if final.

15. widardd

widardd Guest

GPU:
    HD7870
    Not really a must, but RTSS+Hwinfo is great for troubleshooting performance issues and in this case compare both clients.
    The new one feels better, guess that has to be enough reason for now.

Good luck in breach league on friday, if you're playing. ;)

16. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I'm not. I actually only installed it to help in this thread. One bit of important information I did notice in MSI AB/RTSS is that when the game is in DirectX 11 mode no 3d process is detected (this can be checked by clicking the button in afterburner). So it is quite possible the path RTSS uses for hooking is just not present in the DirectX 11 version yet as it is still in beta.

17. zzrvcqne

zzrvcqne Guest

For me the FPS limit is necessary so that the notebook doesn't overheat.
    OSD is also nice to keep an eye on the temperature but it's not mandatory.

I'm not forced to use the DX11 client but it could change soon as the new client will be the default version after the beta.

18. DaTraS

DaTraS Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 285
    With patch 2.4.3c the problem is solved for me.
    OSD working like a charm.

19. zzrvcqne

zzrvcqne Guest

Yes, it works now. Great!

20. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Just tested it myself and can confirm that it works. Reading the last few patch notes it seems there were issues with DirectX 11 and hardware detection. That could have been what was causing RTSS to not work in the game. Glad it's all sorted!