Find Rivatuner guides here

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by boogieman, Aug 23, 2006.

1. mafia_boy

mafia_boy Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GeForce GTX 970 4gig
    Tnx Unwinder for an excellent OC tool and a big thank-you to everyone who have made guides, these have been vital in setting up RT for my 7900gs, it OC it like a dream and actually runs flawlessly in BF2142 now!! Yipeeee, excellent work people tnx. cant wait for the 2.5 now

2. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB

Allthough you work like a robot ;)

But is in thinkable that RT in the future will support SLI once SLI will become more common ?

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Yes, but the probability is really low. I need SLI hardware for that and I don't plan to get it in the nearest future.

4. eRa`

eRa` Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 570

5. RockMarc

RockMarc Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 275
    What about a guide to setup these parameters? :eyebrows:

6. Unwinder

7. trem

trem New Member

Hi,
    i am trying to set up clocking profiles for 2D and 3D, i have followed this guide
    http://home.comcast.net/~msl2/RivaTuner%20-clock%20speeds.htm
    However in Hardware Monitor shows the card clocking up on it's own on a constant interval, overclock/underclock/overclock...ect without running any 3D apps. Also my core clock will not drop down to the specified Underclock once the overclock has applied itself core clock remains clocked up*, however memory shaderclock, and fanspeed clock down as specified.
    I am running Rivatuner 2.05 on Xp with 8800gtx factory clocked 630/1350/1000 Drv v. 163.75.
    Any ideas?

Added: Shot of Hardware Monitor
    [​IMG]

I have tried to force min/max clock limit in Power User -RivaTuner\Overclocking\Global as well as Default core mem clock speeds at startup under Rivatuner\Overclocking\Current Device - Still once overclock has initiated core clock remains fixed* and will not underclock and stick, except that it's changing on this constant interval.

*Sharp spike down is underclocking to peramiters i gave it however only for a fraction of a second as you can see, and looks to be at the begining of the up spike on memory and shader.

*Insert - I restarted RT and my undeclock settings started up properly 575c/1350s/900m, then i started a 3d app, overclock settings kicked in just fine, but when i close the 3d app, memry clock and shader clock drop down just fine as well as fan speed however core clock still sticks to 621 and then goes back to doing what it did in the pic above :3eyes:
    ** I digress, only the core clock spikes now, the others seem to be remaining constant....:peeleft:

*INSERT*
    The solution - http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=237341.
    Thank You Unwinder.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  8. Wyphy

Wyphy New Member

GPU:
    eVGA e-GeForce 8800GTX
    I'm sure that'll be useful if I can ever get RivaTuner to unlock the auto fan speed parameters.

The 'What's this?' help says that it's locked by default, but power users can unlock it with the AutoFanSpeedControl registry entry, yet I can't seem to get it unlocked.
    I've tried using the RivaTuner power user tab and found an entry with that name and it is set to 1. Setting it to 0 removes the table from the low level system settings window, as does manually editing the registry to 0, since it's also set at 1, so I assume that's the same key RivaTuner is seeing/setting.
    The only key I can find with that name:
    Hkey_local_machine > software > unwinder > rivatuner > fan > autofanspeedcontrol

What am I missing?

9. jetztaber

jetztaber Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX

Are you using a graphics adapter with auto fan control? I mean does it have an ADT7473 onboard?

10. Wyphy

Wyphy New Member

GPU:
    eVGA e-GeForce 8800GTX
    It's an EVGA e-GeForce 8800GTX.
    The monitor window shows the fan speed and PWM graphs, and those go away if I disable the ADT7473.dll plugin.
    So I'm gonna assume that yes, I am.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007

11. Unwinder

I bet that typing AutoFanSpeedControl in search field will allow you to get your question answered in just a few seconds.

12. Wyphy

Wyphy New Member

GPU:
    eVGA e-GeForce 8800GTX
    Sorry, I'm usually better about searching, but I found this thread when I found RivaTuner, and haven't had much time to investigate, and I guess I figured that since there was no answer here, and no other 'search autofanspeedcontrol' post, there wasn't one.

13. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Huh? I search that and found this in 3 sec.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=236685&highlight=autofanspeedcontrol

And the answer is

14. dvrocc

dvrocc Member

GPU:
    EVGA 7800GS 256mb AGP
  15. duchess

duchess New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 2600PRO
    Hi,

I have a 7900GS PCI-E card by Nvidia, and my OS is Windows XP SP2, I have an HP Pavillion a1330n computer. Which one of those guides would be best for me to use for setting up fans?

Thanks

16. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Only you should be able to decide which is best. :)

17. Mattholland

Mattholland New Member

GPU:
    8800gt/ XFX / 512mb
    Hello I have been looking for rivatuner guides to add custom resolutions and refresh rates to my setup but have not been able to find any. my monitor can handle 1366x768 but cannot get that from the basic or advanced changes that nvidia or vista use does anyone know how i can do that through rivatuner

Thanks

Matt

18. Fyre

Fyre Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 280
    I've posted a new RivaTuner v2.07 Guide on my site.

This tutorial includes the new features of RivaTuner, including: Configuring RivaTuner, Creating Fan Profiles, Creating Launcher Items, Creating Scheduler Tasks, Additional Scheduler Tasks, Using Hardware Monitoring Tool, Setting up the G15 Display, Advanced Automatic Fan Control, Creating Overclocking Profiles, and Adding Plugins.

The fan profile section uses the driver-level method to support SLI and has been tested. Also, it includes the advanced AutomaticFanSpeedControl method.

The Configuring RivaTuner section has not yet been completed, but all the other sections are for the most part done. The tutorial was written by me and can be distributed freely. I just ask that you mention my name.

Please send any comments to: dwood [at] vaguesoft [dot] com

RivaTuner v2.07 Tutorial

19. Unwinder

Good job, Derek!

20. El Bastardo

El Bastardo Guest

GPU:
    -
    Need help?

Really good job indeed. Nothing new for me but really informative and compact.
    What I can offer you for your guide is additional explanation for the difficult part of the "automated fan control".

I for myself also were in the situation of finding the "best" settings for my graphics card and used various information from the forums here and wrote this excel spreadsheet for myself to help determining good settings for the automated fan control. If you wish you can use it or information from it for your guide.

What your guide lacks in this passage is mainly more information about how to disable dynamic Trange control, some more nice formulas and examples.
    You can also add the information that the new 8800 GTS 512 MB has an offset of 8° C.

I would also like to see more information about the more difficult parts of this great piece of software like the StatisticsServer and for example how to use the screen capture feature right (something I do not know well enough yet).

So here's a link to the spreadsheet.
    I locked all cells except the ones in gold (B2-B4 & B6) color where you should enter values:

http://www.filesend.net/download.php? f=f4519c791b02d73d320fcccfcb550c66

Additional explanation for usage:
    The document has my current values saved as default.
    Think for yourself about your desired duty cycle min and max and your desired temperature min and max and fill them in and the exact best T range will be calculated.

But you can not just choose this exact value, you can only use the values listed in the table on the bottom left ("T range of your choice"). So choose the value which is closest to the calculated one.

To disable the "dynamic T min control" you have to alter the three values given in the table section. Use the three values noted there (151, 0, 151) but in general it's important to use values so high that your card will never reach such temperatures. I found the information that 191 is the absolute maximum the DLL-plugin can handle so these values are appropriate.

Column C and D will give you information about your fan with the chosen T Range (B5). Which speed at which temperature.
    I capped the temperature column to "realistic" values (why making it too long and unclear with temperature values from 1° to 100°).

At least cell E4 and F5 are (more or less) just for fun *cough* I mean information ^_^
    I had some formulas left and wanted to use them anyway so these cells take into consideration your chosen values from the gold colored cells and calculate the mathematically best and exactest values for T min and max.
    Sure you can not choose decimal places but these two values would be the calculated optimum (that's why I named the columns "optimum".

-----------------------------------------

So all this "theory" summarized with this example using my own card and settings:

Think about your desired values. For my 8800 GTS 512 it was easy. I just chose the default cycles of 36% minimum and a logically "full speed" at max (100%) and temperatures that "fit" my chip and I think are healthy so up to 60° C everything is OK with the chip and the fan can run at 36% but no more than 70° C please. So I chose a T range of 10.

With this my card runs at the following real temperatures:

Idle and underclocked for 2D at 395/990/470 MHz: 43°-45° C
    Idle and overclocked at 700/1835/990 MHz: 48° C
    In Crysis and extreme overclocked at 810/1890/1152 MHz: not more than 64° C

Feel free to ask about everything unknown and if desired use the spreadsheet for your calculation!!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008