Shadow Warrior 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Apr 28, 2016.

1. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Playing through and it's obvious this is the developer's first rodeo when it comes to mulitplayer. Co-op is a train wreck, at best. The lag and memory leaks, even on my friend's beast rig are rampant, and that's only with us 2 playing. P2P networking in games is the worst. Single player on the other hand, that's a different beast, it runs beautifully. Hoping they can patch the multiplayer portion. The co-op is much fun, technical issues aside.

I made a little impressions video for those of you that are interested. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNt9JeX_ebk

2. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Is anyone having an issue where the game just doesn't feel smooth? Even at 60fps solid it feels choppy, like it's running at a lower frame rate. Frame times are perfect too. I've tried uncapped and capped, low and ultra and it's the same, I just can't get it running smoothly. It's only using 50% of my CPU/GPU although it is using a lot of RAM, hitting 7GB total (system and game) during gameplay.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Game indeed does use alot of ram. Im using Ultra textures (4GB) on a 3GB card so thats probably a compensation for not having enough Vram. Same goes for your card.

I'd recommend you add more system ram. Maybe it has something to do with choppy gameplay you are experiencing.

After couple of hours of gaming :

[​IMG]

4. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I've been thinking about adding more system RAM but benchmarks would have you belief it's akin to burning your money and I'm not exactly rolling in spare £££ ATM. I checked eBay and people are selling Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 8GB for the same or higher price than Amazon are selling it for new which is annoying, if I could pick up some used but memtest+ passing RAM for like £20 I could justify that. Correct me if I'm wrong but brand isn't so important when pairing, speed and timings are more important right so I could look at less expensive models.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I am absolutely enjoying the hell out of this game even though mechanically it's nothing really new or original. It is however extremely silly, crude and entertaining and plays superbly, helped much by an engine that runs like greased lightning for the most part (I say most part because due to the number of enemies and gore/particle effects that can occur during intense battles the framerate can occasionally take a noticeable hit below 60 fps). There's tons of enemies and weapons... the longer you play it the more you get out of it. The weapon and skill upgrade system add depth to the game's combat. It's just great IMO.

I fear though after 12 hours of playing it that I might be coming to the end which would be a shame as it is just so much fun. I've been doing every side quest and have reached a point where the game warns me that any incomplete side quests will be lost if on doing the next mission. Of course, I'd done them all anyway but if this is the last stretch then I would be really disappointed. In terms of areas, I've only seen four so far, though they are large and fairly open-ish. The futuristic one, completely with annoying flying orb-sentinel things feels a bit out of place though.

6. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    finished the game yesterday , such a blast while playing every mission , the number of weapons this game got is insane and probably 4 of them will be used a lot more than the rest , free roam is also there after finishing the game just in case you want to kick ass and collect even more weapons :p not to mention the weapons shop

photomode is funky , it kinda breaks the IQ a little bit , when i jump to bloom tab i can see it being applied to the screen and not going away after turning off , photomode values could use more numbers to allow wider effects on the screen

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Is it possible to sell weapons? All I've been able to sell so far is weapon upgrades.

8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    no.. and not only weapon upgrades, but all upgrades can be sold!

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    How many missions does this game have by the way (exclusing the side quests)? Am I near the end or do I still have some way to go; I have reached a point in the game where it is warning me that if I proceed with the mission that I will lose all incomplete side quests?

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Check your completion counter, I guess it should tell you how close you are to the end. Mine is pretty high (dont remember, im at work) and I've only done like 5 missions.

11. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Quick note to people with SLI problems. There is no SLI profile in 373.06 despite it being the game ready driver. So if you are having trouble you might as well just disable SLI to get it to boot.

12. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

now i know why there's aliasing in photomode

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I never even thought of that... duh! :wanker:

Game completion is just 28% so I'm only just over quarter of the way through! Awesome! Love this game so much. :D

14. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    It has, both gpu,s are using 99% of useage for me :)

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Hehe, it's not super clear :)
    I suppose it shows how many of the total missions you've completed. Would be weird if it was only the story missions.

16. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Gonna finish it soon, but this game is freaking awesome, it's heavily inspired from borderlands which is a great thing.

If anyone up for co op, put ur name here.

17. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Finished it, 8/10. Ton of fun. Main complaints are spotty performance and difficulty, it was very easy on normal so I'd highly suggest playing it on at least hard.

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I'm 12 hours in... and according to the game, 61% finished.
    So... I'm happy with it's length so far.

Also, I'm loving it. FWH continue to be one of my favorite new studios.

19. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    yep normal was too easy, play it on hard with other people, the difficulty will increase, just like Borderlands.

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Finished it in little over 10h. I slashed through everything with a melee weapon without firing a single bullet in entire playthrough, so its possible.

Great game overall. So much fun! :D