Far Cry 3 in game audio problems Windows 8 Pro

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Mad-Man, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Mad-Man

Mad-Man Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 285 2Gig
    I here recently went up to Windows 8 and I reloaded Far Cry 3 along with UPlay on my PC well I can get the start up sound for Far Cry 3 but when I go to play the game either through a saved gave or if I start a new game I get no sound. I can see them talking but no sounds comes out, the same goes for any other interaction in the game like shooting a gun or hopping in a car to go cruising. I have tried both on-board audio along with a sound card both with the newest drivers and still no luck on trying to get the in game audio to work. So I am not really that happy because I just bough the game last week.

2. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Are you running both your on-board audio and soundcard at the same time? If yes, uninstall the drivers for your on-board audio and disable the onboard audio in your bios then try again. You should not run both at the same time. Ever!

3. Mad-Man

Mad-Man Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 285 2Gig
    No they are not both running at the same time. I thought it was a problem with my sound card so I uninstalled the drivers and then shut down my system and pulled the sound card from my system. When I got that done I turned on the on-board audio and installed the drivers for it and I still was having the same problem.