Corsair and Cherry to Bring First Cherry MX RGB Mechnical Keyboards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    I want this yesterday.

3. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    So... i was about to buy corsair k95 , after hours of choosing between g710+ and k95.
    And now? again indecided.
    Cause if i wait for the new rgb and then they do a cheap keyboard, all plastic, but with rgb leds, then i just lost time.

4. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    If it has ambient lighting support in games it could be cool.

Otherwise I really don't see the point of having lights on a keyboard.

5. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    From having the Ducky Shine 2 myself, lights are just to be lit. If you're choosing a specific lighting color you might eventually get bored of that color, so I chose White. Least distracting, cleanest looking, and I keep it on lowest brightness. Helps quite a bit.

I have a reactive LED mode, partially lit mode where I choose the keys to be lit, breathing light mode, etc... but all those you turn on and see for the first 5 minutes or show them to someone who's taking a look at your keyboard and that's that.

The Cherry MX RGB idea is nice but the advantage to me is more uniformity and flexibility in lighting, that's all. When I added rubber dampeners to my Blue switch keyboard, there was uniformity loss as the bottoms of the characters are now less lit than the top. But meh.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I so want a Mechanic keyboard, but I just not willing to drop the amount of money they want for them.

Now if some company makes mechanic keyboard that has the nice wave in the keys like the Logitech desktop wave pro. I might be more incline As i dont like the normal flat keyboards no more

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013