NVIDIA GeForce 301.24 Beta Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by DeusEXMachina, Apr 9, 2012.

1. IDSG89

IDSG89 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090
    well, for now everything seems fine with this drivers, great performance, no bugs and the PSOD seems fixed (tested about 10 youtube videos, at 360,480 and 720p), in the previous drivers those videos had problems resulting in PSOD, i will do further tests, but for now everything is working fine

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    PSOD? just curious

3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Pink Screen Of Death.

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    oh, itsnt that more common with 460/560 cards I hear about? never experience it myself

5. progrox

progrox Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 270X 2GB OC
    To get madVR working with these drivers, you have to uncheck 'Use a separate device for presentation'. All seems fine so far.

6. IDSG89

IDSG89 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  7. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    So far so good, driver is working fine. Surprised to see some more performance gains in the release notes.

8. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Your GPU utilization can change with different drivers. Changing GPU utilization would not be a problem with the recommended ( Minimum of a 550 Watt power supply. Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 38 Amps.) If this driver improved GPU utilization above what could be provided by a 430 watt psu, be happy that TK is here to help.
    Consider the following from the release notes:

9. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    So far no Pink Screens of Death with this driver which happened with the 301.10s while watching a video. The only Time ever to get a PSOD i might add ;)

10. Caenyss

Caenyss Active Member

GPU:
    7900 XT
    bump.

11. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    @Caenyss & jimdove ; Yes and yes.

12. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I see a new power supply in your future, upgrade to a minimum of the RECOMMENDED 550 WATTS with 38A on the 12v rail, and your problems should be gone. It's not Nvidia's fault you're too lazy to upgrade hardware to the recommended specification.

13. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I've had 2 strange issues with this driver during initial testing (only just installed it).
    Fresh boot.

Testing X3:TC benchmark was fine.

When running Heaven 3.0, just before it finished loading, GPU temp rapidly rose to 62C within seconds and Heaven exited with an error saying the video mode wasnt available and the card had been reset.
    It gave another error when running it again.
    Restarted Heaven (clocks reset to max again) and this time at exactly the same place, GPU temp was 54C and it ran through perfectly, maxing out at 65C.
    Heaven 2.5 ran flawlessly first time.

When running Crysis Warhead benchmark, it ran fine but the display was larger than my screen despite running the bench at 1080p.
    Text was off the edge of the screen left, right and top.
    The bottom was probably missing too.
    It looked like it was overscanning.

The Heaven crash with very rapid temp rise might explain the PSOD problem, the card was being hugely overdriven somehow.

14. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    Wow, adaptive vsync has been impressive for me in BF3. FPS is constantly 57-61 (high/med settings 1080p), it is nothing like the frame limiter in order to keep the fps from jumping around. Game is going as smoothly as possible without any tearing at all. It's actually a much better experience than playing without vsync surprisingly.

15. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    LOL 430 watt psu :stewpid:

16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Lol, that is crazy.

17. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    460s can do 800+MHz easy. That was one of the beauty of the card. Highest I got on my one was 880 but left it at 820 for better temps.

18. Don1376

Don1376 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 FTW
    Drivers are working fine so far on my system. So far performance seems about equal to last WHQL drivers. Unigine 2.5 scored same 111.4 average fps, Batman AC still constant 60.1 fps with v-sync, DX11, all settings maxed, FXAA-High, and Physx-High. Haven't tryed other games or tested to see if the occasional PSOD is gone. About to try other games now. Keepers so far for me and my 560TI's in SLI.

Will report back if I do get a PSOD. Hopefully it's fixed.

19. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    That wasnt the question though.

20. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    aahhh I thought you were wondering if such high clocks were possible.

And btw I faced the same Heaven error you did, but that was before I restarted my system. I'm also getting this weird delay and the Windows cursor is constantly showing busy even though I am not doing anything. And apps take longer to start (SSD so its very noticeable), but once loaded runs fine.

This all started right after installing the driver, I thought the nvidia update was messing up somehow so I uninstalled it but the problem's still there.

Will look into it later, working on stuff right now. As for gaming performance, played BF3, 64p Metro map, 100-120(locked) regardless of the tons of explosions. Will try larger maps later.

Edit: FYI I installed older drivers and its still the same...hours of troubleshooting ahead...

Edit2: Fixed! HP makes bull**** printer software, it kept calling windows services (Scan to PC feature) and was consuming CPU cycles. IT has been installed all this time and decides to mess up as soon as I install these drivers.