What happened to NVIDIA?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by moab600, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Hi guys been following many complains of people after the 320.XX series events. seems like there are lot of people that having problem, more than usual.

In the recent months it been like it, and now with new driver deadpool and Remember me crashes,though they aware of it.

Just wonder what happened to their Driver quality. i had not any problem with any set of nvidia driver...

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    RemeberMe runs fine here, but im not using any forced AA, AO though.

3. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    People use Nvidia inspector to force insane amounts of AA, use injectors etc and then cry about compatibility issues in games.

I have little issue as well.

People should be happy that Nvidia even cares about Skyrim mods and injectors to even fix their problems, yet you see people complain and complain.

Granted there are some issues, but I have not ran into anything major.

I have one issue with one game, and that is Deadlight that crashes to desktop.

Give it some time, Nvidia and AMD both have a lot to do, more and more games to optimize, more and mroe bugs to work out with every series of card they release.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  4. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Don't you think you are overreacting a little bit here moab? A few crappy drivers makes you jump to 'what's wrong with the whole company!'. This is certainly not the first string of duds when it comes to drivers, the last string I remember was when FO3 came out.

It happens, relax.

5. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    My Problems with Nvidia started the day I ran 2d surround which was 2 years ago!

Since then, never had a decent driver to run on my ever changing PC setup.

before the triple monitor setup I ran 3 SLI GTX 480 on a single monitor and every thing was running fine, add a triple monitor setup and since then things have gone down hill for me.

I ran 4 different mobos in 2 years, 3 CPUs, 3 sets of RAM, 3 Generations on Nvidia cards and 2 different sound cards.

ALL Gave me issues, mostly on performance side, low utilization, random hiccups in games and it took nVidia a year to fix the task bar to be centered in windows 7 running triple monitor and so far more than a year with no fix for windows 8.

I say nvidia spreading horizontally into other technologies (Namely CPUs) and other chips has lowered the attention on customer side services!

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    multiple monitors are a lot easier to v set up on amd

7. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Yeah, one bad branch every once in a while doesn't mean they are going downhill. I'm sure in a driver or two everything will be back to normal.

8. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M
    Both my nvidia gpu´s are fine, even the new 326.29 driver that is the new openGL beta works just fine, playing a several hour long session of Van Helsing right now on my laptop (GTX780M), and even it is working really good even tho there are few drivers that support it.

9. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    Been running 2d surround for a long time started back on my GTX260's then 570's and not 670's It has been trouble free for me from the get go, had a few games like COD and stuff where it just did not look right with out hack but every thing worked and was easy to set up. I have not tried AMDs version, but heck cant be much easier, click 2 buttons and drag the numbers so they match the screens and your done.

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    1.You listed two console ports in your post, ports aren't exactly known for playing nice with pc hardware.

2.If you don't already, try:
    -uninstalling driver via control panel
    -reboot to safe mode
    -use driver sweeper to clean out remnants.
    -boot back to os as normal
    -install latest, or even for older drivers, follow the above just when going back forward driver revisions.
    -restart and test, all should be well.

Also, with a few games in the past, I've had to reinstall a driver after installing a game or two, Example: crysis was being a bitch, but just for a laugh I thought I'd reinstall the current driver I was already using and following the above steps, fix my issue with crysis for that particular time.

Point is, half the games on pc are bugged because they're ports, nvidia can only do so much at their end and it's up to the dev to do their job properly also. Just take a look at all the pc only titles and compare their performance with the current drivers vs ports. Most work perfect in comparison.

Imagine being a driver dev, fix one game and then you have to release another fix for another game and try not to break the previous fix. Like trying to fight the tide on a beach.

11. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Going to say this again, if you're having problems with a certain driver or drivers, stop trying to use them and continue using the driver that works the best. I use the 314.22 and can play all my games just fine. The 320 series are horrible for my card, so i will wait until an official 321 or something to update.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ^^^this also.

Don't fix won't ain't broke.

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah their new drivers are odd. My 460's used to hang in Windows but the same drivers work perfectly with my 780 on the same system.

14. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Nvidia made the Titan, that's what happened, objectively speaking.

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Though it must be said, if you have a real problem with customer support from nvidia, of which is free and also a constant, then you should be opening a thread on the nvidia forums or lodging a complaint via the consumers act or equivalent in your country.

Remember, nvidia is supplying support for their products and standard compatibility with windows only, all other software and hardware support is the job of the respective parties, everything else like basic system maintinance is yours.

Note that this is just a friendly reminder, not a condescending attack on you/(r) intelligence.

16. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Yeah not to mention they are only human and they are managing a codebase that is probably insane in size.

When working on any kind of project, random things can randomly break other things

17. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    It was intersting for me to see the many point of view for those who use nvidia, and those who complain. since me myself love nvidia driver, and never had a problem with them.
    Then again i read so much about the 320 branch driver, how they perform badly, 320.18 can burn ur card etc... again, i never had issue with them.

18. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Me neither, currently running 326.19 without any issues so far with the games I purchased during Steam summer sale (not tested thoroughly though, mainly playing BF3 now to complete some open assignments after having quit GW2).
    I modded my BIOS again so the card runs at 1215MHz instead of 1280MHz with current drivers though, otherwise it would indeed crash. Which can be a sign of better utilization of course. I guess that could be a problem for many aggressively factory overclocked cards.

19. landerfha

landerfha Member

GPU:
    780 TI
    What happened is nvidia decided to start pushing per game optimizations like AMD has had to do for years now and it's had the predictable result of creating more bugs. Now they're both equally buggy.

20. nakquada

nakquada Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 FE
    I try every new Beta/WHQL driver as they are released. I love testing them, the fact of the matter is I'm sick of seeing people whining about bad drivers.

I never have any problems, ever. With any of my games, and I have a LOT of games that I play.

As stated before, most of the problems with people are hardware configs, corrupt windows installs, patched-with-****e games and awful overclock settings. Sometimes I don't even see people try to identify a problem by process of elimination. If your games crash, remove overclocks, if it still crashes clean install drivers, etc etc.

There has been plenty of instances where I have had friends complain about branches of shoddy nVidia drivers cause problems for months, only to find out after a bit of testing it was actually audio drivers and nothing to do with GFX at all.

It just annoys me.

I hate everyone today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.