1st Witcher 2 review is IN!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sAAdC, May 11, 2011.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Ah, less uber than i was thinking lol.

I might have better hardware by the time i get round to playing this, if not, this will likely be one of the games that i cap at 30fps.

Great news about the pre-order numbers, good for them.

On my way back from work, i even saw the retail version appear in a game shop here called Gamestation, in amongst big upcoming console games, which was nice to see, as the shop must be treating it as a big game, which these days is very rare in actual shops.

2. sAAdC

sAAdC Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX260M 1GB
    Just came back from a game of squash :) . I found the thread, (on another website) where I pulled this bit of info from, time to start sifting through 20+ page now....hopefully I'll find some answers and sources here.

3. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    Great score for preorder :) I'm glad last good pc dev get what they should have.. And just like Redemption said DX11 performance patch would be nice :)

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Haven't been this hyped for an RPG since DAO... but damn these release dates, they allways come up when I have the least free time!

5. sAAdC

sAAdC Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX260M 1GB
    OKAY....seems I might have been daydreaming when I read that thread, sorry about the misinformation :(....I dont think there will be 16:10 on release day.....BUT from TW 2 forums:

....they also wrote that they will release a patch that adds support for different resolutions.

6. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Hm, I may wait til the 16:10 patch happens then, possibly. I want my experience to be the absolute best, I should wait for the proper drives and wait til it's patched up.

7. sAAdC

sAAdC Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX260M 1GB
    Thoughts on The Witcher 2 by 2 editors from PC gamer....I'm guessing that one of the reviewer's is the one who reviewed the 1st Witcher and gave it a 69% and the same guy gave DA 2 94%.......Hmm suspicious!! Anyway I dont even bother listening to most reviewers, instead I rate the game on my own experience :).

Source:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/13/the-weekend-playlist-5/

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I'm more curious of how they will go about the proper 16:10 support, ideally it would be expanding 16:9, but considering its a last minute addition, it could end up being cropped 16:9.

Driver wise, Nvidia already have a profile, and they have been working with CDP on this game for months, so while new drivers would be nice, i think the existing ones should be ok.

AMD guys i don't know, probably end up in the same boat as Nvidia guys with Dragon Age 2, Shogun 2 etc....

I agree with some of the complaints of Witcher, i wasn't a fan of the overuse of sex either, felt like was aimed at teenagers etc...but i might be getting old too soon lol.

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  9. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Im looking forward to this, worth every peenny i think, nice to see developers that actually really do care about what they produce and after purchase support is nice too see going on with patches that make a difference.

Wondering how it runs now.

10. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Ha ha ha. No money - no high score. It's a simple trick in our days. :nerd:

11. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
  12. sAAdC

sAAdC Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX260M 1GB
    New trailer, (how to kill a witcher)

EDIT:

Whiplash beat me to it.

EDIT 2:

WOOOWW! The "how to kill a witcher" trailer is very nice....VERY NICE :gape: !

EDIT 3:

The launch trailer is FULL OF WIN.......*tears in my eyes.....

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  14. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    First trailer, epic music, epic trailer.
    Second trailer, beautiful music, beautiful trailer.
    Third trailer, great looking combat, with a large variety accents from the North to the South, and a Scottish(ish) one thrown in at the end :)

All good though, looking awesome, and considering i hate medieval RPG's of any sort, the fact these games break the mould is a suprisingly good thing for me, i don't even have much love for Polish people either lol, but these guys are fantastic at what they do.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    My GAME pre-order has not shipped yet and they don't generally send stuff out across the weekend so it looks like it won't hit the post while Monday with a Tuesday delivery day. I was hoping to get it for Monday so I could install it and have it ready to try at midnight. Oh well. :(

On a more positive note, I didn't realise I'd ordered the Premium Edition which comes with a generous selection of (mostly) useful extras such as a strategy guide, map and audio CD. Less useful is the coin but at least it's small and can easily be stored.

[​IMG]

Considering it is costing me just £22.49, I have to say that I'm pleased I didn't go down the more expensive digital download route. While you can print out the map and manual (at a lower quality), just try printing out a metal coin!!! :p

Seems that all you get for the extra £45 it costs for the Collector's Edition is a surprisingly small bust, an extra coin, a set of playing cards and an admittedly nice hardbacked art book inside an oversized cardboard box. Not worth the asking price though IMO.

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Nah, definetly not worth the extra asking costs.

I was looking at the premium edition in Gamestation earlier on, and while i normally hate retail versions, this one seemed tempting, especially the CD soundtrack and the map, and when it comes to games like this, a proper large map is a good addition, so will probably try and pick this up in a few months time.

The coin sounds like a good souveir also, and could be a nice addition to my real life coins from round the world.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  19. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Yeah, that's all I ask.

DLC should always be free. I like expansion packs @ 20$, that usually add at least 1/3rd of the original games worth of content.

Also, there are no commercials for this game. Can you imagine if it had them? It'd probably get probably 50,000 more pre-orders.

No game store I was visiting at my local mall had this game though, oh well.

20. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY