Looking for BIG BASS headset that doesnt cost a fortune

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by flash22, May 6, 2013.

1. flash22

flash22 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070 G1 GMG
    Hey Guys,

I recently picked up the Turtle Beach X11 gaming headset - and even though it does sound awesome and the clarity is brilliant I was expecting something ALOT more bassy.

I did pick up the X11's for only $40NZD "New refurbished" which is only $34 US so they were a mad deal but honestly I want that serious deep bass.

Can anyone recommend anything that isn't going to push the price past $100?

Cheers,

2. jhelsas

jhelsas Guest

GPU:
    PC HD 7970
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-XB50...TF8&qid=1368409140&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+xb500

this one comes into my mind when some asks for loads and loads of bass, and is below the US$ 100 mark, as you asked. Still, it's not US$ 40, but I think it's worth it.

anyway, it's way better than the turtle beach's for sure

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Can I ask why you want something bassy? Have you tried some nicely balanced headphones? And I don't mean those turtle beach ones btw.

4. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    I can highly recommend these :

http://www.jvc.com.au/headphones/over-ear/ha-m5x

regards,
    RagDoll.

5. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Cheap bass headphones can be really fun and are a nice break from the analytical detailed headphones that I usually listen to.

JVC HA-M5X
    JVC HA-S500
    Sony XB500
    Koss Pro DJ100
    AKG K518
    AKG K618
    Sony MDR-V55
    Phiaton MS 400

There's more...

Wait, unless we are talking about headsets and not headphones?....
    Check out Steelseries Siberia V2, but no gaming headset has massive bass unless you make your own.

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  6. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    ATH-M50 sound about right. They were pretty popular awhile back. For the life of me I can't figure out why, but then I'm not a basshead.

7. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I have the Sony MDR-XB500

sound great. but too much bass and really high volume and they start to make popping sounds.

yes I know what the popping means.....

8. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    DannyD's GTX 1080ti
    ^^ this.

I use those headphones too and they put a smile on my face. Good build quality too. The cable is quite short but don't let that put you off when extension cables are cheap.

9. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    looks 80s but Koss PortaPro

Cheap and will fit the bill.

If money's no object I love my AH-D7000s. Those have a ton of clean bass. :)

10. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Another good choice is the Ultrasone HFI-580's usually there under 100 if your lucky.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013

11. brendanvista

brendanvista Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Another vote for the Sony XB-500's. They're really comfy too. If you can find some cheap XB-700's, those could work too.

12. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    All I know is that my Razer Blackshark is comfortable, and I've accidentally turned it up too high a few times and it shook my head.

I use to have to use the bass boost with my Carcharias, with the Blackshark It seems to be nicely balanced without any enhancement.

I'm sure it doesn't compare to a good high end headset, but its a good product for gaming. The mic is good too and this is important to me.

13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I've owned the Roccat Kave 5.1 headset for over 2 years now. Subs in both ears, and the base is very powerful.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yes, it's powerful, it's also very muddy.

15. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    If you need a mic use a cheap clip on mic, or the Modmic which attachs to the headphones, do not get a gaming marketed headset, instead get a good pair of headphones and use either mic that i suggested. Muddy and boomy or one note bass is not the type of bass you want. As both will out perform the rest of the sound. You want bass that is clean and accurate so you hear each note of bass. Because Explosions are not just Boom boom boom.

The headphone I mention is a good choice, But if your money can stretch DT770 Pro-80 are very good choice too. If you trust used you might be able to find it cheap. Superlux has headphones that has bass as well, I forgot which model, if I recall it was a closed back model.

Edit: I notice that your using onboard audio, Down the line I suggest you upgrade to a Xonar DG, which is cheap.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000