New peircing won't stop bleeding :/

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Doug, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I got my ear peirced again on Monday. All was fine, cleaned with saline solution and went to bed. Woke up with a cake of dried blood around the bar through my ear...

Got up, cleaned it off with saline solution and all was ok until later on I touched my ear, looked at my hand and there was a fair amount of blood on it... Since then I've kept on wiping the blood cakes away but they keep coming back. To clean it off properly I've had to move the jewellery about which I know is a big no-no but I figured it'd be pretty bad to leave dry blood on it right?

Anyone with peircings had this before? Or any idea what I should do...?

Tis a bit worrying! :wanker:

2. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    It may have been pierced wrong, i have a few piercings which had a little bleeding too.

I solved it by using neosporin ointment. Not to be mistaken with the neosporin cream.
    The ointment is thick like toothpaste and is somewhat clear, and doesn't dry easily.
    Where the cream is white and thin.

Rub the ointment on the piercing and move the piercing in and out to move some into the hole. It will also stop any infections.
    Hope this helps a little.

3. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Perhaps you could set a new trend...The Tampon Earring!

[​IMG]

:infinity: :banana: :infinity: :banana:

4. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thanks I'll check it out.

And that's disgusting pale :wanker: lol

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Amputation seems inevitable.

It'll be fine..........you shouldn't have to get it pierced again though.

I would eat that because it's actually Strawberries & Cream...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  6. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    you are suposed to rotate,twist,roll the bar,earring or whatever to keep the skin from healing around it.

Just use the neo ointment,believe me you will know if it is time to go to the hospital your ear will blow up and hurt like hell.

7. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    I've had my ears pierced for over a year now, and they still drain fluids and bleed off and on. Just keep them clean and you won't have anything to worry about.

8. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Seriously?

Did you pierce them at 1/0? You don't think something may be wrong?

9. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I don't know why you'd need them re-pierced, those holes never really close up.

Hell I haven't had an earing for about 10 years and the other day my step sister stuck a sleeper in no problemo...

10. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I had my ears pierced when I was 8 but I took my ear ring out after like 2 years and now the hole is closed but you can tell I had my ear pierced.

11. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    It's not the same place this time.

10 years and it's still open? I took my first one out for an interview, forgot to put it back in and it was closed in less than a week :eek:

First time I pierced it myself and it never bled at all lol... stupid professionals!

@ace - they gave me an after care leaflet and it says for the first few days you shouldn't rotate it at all costs.

I just woke up and it's not bled at all, made sure i slept on the opposite side so the piercing so I think it must have just got squashed against the pillows etc before

12. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    ouch! just keep cleaning it with savlon and perhaps put a plaster over it.

still got my hole from my piercing. did it when i was 16...after half a bottle of vodka put an ice-cube on it and a girl-friend shoved a stud through..nice.

pirate look ftw!

[​IMG]

13. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    If it still bleeds after a year theres something wrong Lavans. It might just be your earring though.

Some peoples piercings close up quickly, others never close up.
    My ears never close up, though it isn't often i'm not wearing earrings, emerald studs for me.

But i have other piercings that will close up after just a few days, and then i have to pretty much jam the piercing in to re-open it, which causes temporary bleeding.

If your ears close up, or any piercing, use the neosporin ointment while you re-open them. It'll limit the bleeding and help avoid infection. Also works as a mild lubricant.

14. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hm... WHERE on the ear seems to be quite the question here - maybe I am just blind.. But is it cartlidge or the ear lobe that you have pierced?

[​IMG]

It's pretty much almost impossible to actually screw up an ear piercing.. As you basically can pierce any part of it. But occasionally, they do go wrong anyway... Is this your first piercing?

Neosporin, as Chouji said, is excellent. But if it still does not help, then you probably will have to remove it. Some bodies do not handle foreign objects being forced onto it, some bodies do. I myself have 12 piercings, and haven't had any problems at all with any of them. They heal up within days, a week top, and only hurt for a few hours.

And PS: rotating your ear piercing from time to time is actually recommended by some, and prohibited by others. I always do it, cause I've found it heals faster then. I tried to leave it be once, and the scab actually attached itself to the piercing, and I had to rip it loose. Not a good idea.

Anyways... If you are still having problems after a few days - GO BACK to the person who did the piercing!

15. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    o rly? :p

16. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    When I was 16 I pierced my nipple with some ice and a gold plated safety pin, hurt like hell but hardly bled. It's closed up now, but my left nipple is slightly larger than my right now lol...

17. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    sweet jesus hehe..

18. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500

19. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    There's questions I'd like to ask........... but.................................... Never mind.

[​IMG]
    Love this one :)

20. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Nah, the earrings go in clean every time and they're not swollen or look irritated. So I doubt there's anything wrong with them.

Well, it's not like it's bleeding bleeding. Just the stops of the earrings tend to collect crud after a little while. But yeah, I should probably get new earrings, lol.