Static noise over mic?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Zenn, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Zenn

Zenn Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 1GB
    On my M3A Onboard Realtek sound it makes static noises and i can hear myself on headset when the only way for me to fix this is mute mic which makes me can't talk on mic. How do I turn off recording? is that the solution? Actually... it stills makes the static noise when its on mute but its not as loud because i turned off boost mic it only stops when i take the mic line out.... Just found out it wasnt the mic it was the sound when when i take i unplugged the mic it still did it....... I think i am going to buy a audigy SE because i read that this motherboard's onboard sound makes static noises... What's the difference between Audigy SE low profile and the normal one?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  2. Zenn

Zenn Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 1GB
    tried both headsets and speakers still static/echo sound i am buying a new sound card i read that this motherboard has problems with it's onboard..

3. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    Sounds like your mic is too close to your speakers, that's obviously not happening 'cause you're using a headset but still... I think the only difference with the SE low profile and the normal one is the hight of the card, I wouldn't get an SE anyway. Get a proper Audigy.

4. Flugnuts

Flugnuts Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512
    Make sure your mic is plugged directly into your sound card or mobo and not into the ports that came with your case.