MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 14(2013-08-16)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Aug 16, 2013.

1. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    Hi guys, the Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 14 is ready for you to download. this version supports the control of NVIDIA and AMD graphics card, if you get the card, you may try to play it.

Change note:

- Add MSI new card supported
    - Added NCP4206 voltage regulators support to provide compatibility with future custom design MSI graphics cards
    - Improved voltage control layer architecture provides better compatibility with automatic voltage control on NCP4206 voltage
    regulators
    - RivaTuner Statistics Server updated to version 5.3.0 with the following improvements:
    - Added external encoding plugin modules support. Plugin modules architecture provides an easy way to implement different hardware accelerated video encoders in RivaTuner Statistics Server.
    - Added benchmark mode for external encoding plugin modules. Benchmark mode allows you to verify if hardware encoder is configured and working properly as well as estimate expected hardware encoding performance.
    - Added external QSV.DLL encoding plugin. The plugin provides you high-performance hardware accelerated H.264 encoding on Intel QuickSync Video capable platforms. Intel QuickSync H.264 encoder is able to compress 1080p video at 60 FPS with no major CPU performance hit. Hardware accelerated Intel QuickSync H.264 encoder was introduced special to compete with NVIDIA’s ShadowPlay hardware accelerated H.264 encoder. Free hardware accelerated H.264 video capture and encoding is no longer an exclusive selling point of NVIDIA Kepler GPU family, now the same functionality is available on much wider range of hardware platforms on both AMD and NVIDIA GPU based graphics cards absolutely for free!
    - Tweaked encoder queue depth. The queue depth is no longer hardcoded to 32 frames, now it is equal to recording framerate
    - Decreased server startup time on OS versions with no any service pack version installed
    - Improved function offsets cache validation algorithm in hooking system
    - Added proxy Direct3D library protection system. Now RivaTuner Statistics Server forcibly disables application hooking and blocks OSD, screen capture and video recording functionality if application is running via the proxy Direct3D runtime library (various game mods based on hacked D3D DLLs). Compatibility with most of such applications can still be improved by enabling custom Direct3D runtime libraries support in the application profile

Download link:
    http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/msi_afterburner_beta_download.html

2. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    thank you alex! updated..

3. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    Thanks for the hard work! Updated!

Will install Intel HD Drivers and share some system RAM to gpu to test QuickSync H.264.

Cheers!

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

A few notes of configuring Intel QuickSync encoding in MSI Afterburner. First, ensure that your hardware supports QuickSync Video technology. The following hardware is required:

- Intel CPU with QuickSync Video technology support (SandyBridge, Ivy Bridge or Hawell core). You may use this link into to see if your Intel CPU supports this technology.
    - Mainboard with integrated Intel HD graphics support (refer to your mainboard specs to see it)

To use QuickSync on such platform you must:

- Enable Intel HD graphics in your mainboard BIOS. If it is enabled correctly, you must see Intel HD graphics active in your device manager next you your discrete AMD/NVIDIA graphics card
    - Install the latest Intel HD graphics driver. QuickSync works via Intel HD driver so using outdated driver may degrade encoding performance drastically

There are 3 QuickSync acceleration modes available in MSI Afterburner:

- Disabled acceleration - uses CPU software emulation. It is left for performance testing/debugging only and it REQUIRES additional Intel Media SDK installation. It is not recommended to use this mode.
    - Direct3D9 acceleration - uses Direct3D9Ex accelerated encoding. This mode is only available under Windows Vista and newer OS. This mode REQUIRES connecting monitor to Intel HD graphics output or forcing monitor detection for Intel HD graphics. Detailed instructions on forcing monitor detection for enabling QuickSync can be found here.
    - Direct3D11 acceleration - uses Direct3D11.1 accelerated encoding. This mode is only available under Windows 8 and newer OS. This mode doesn't require any monitor detection tricks so it is strongly recommended to use it if it is available (i.e. if you're under Windows 8).

To verify that everything is set up properly just hit the <Benchmark> button. It will try to encode some short video in your current desktop resolution and show you the results. If you system is not configured properly, benchmark won't start.

5. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    I have i5-2500k but when I record I only get audio

6. Unwinder

Our previous discussion of "broken" MKV implementation in beta 11 thread resulted in massive trolling and one banned user. To prevent it please follow the advice given in the previous beta thread and leave beta testing for more experienced users. Thanks.

7. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Ok what do you call experienced users. I'm just posting a bug. don't start with your bs again

8. Unwinder

Stay away from this thread please. BS is what you post, I'd like to avoid dealing with those who simply cannot configure application and focus on real problems. I'm not forcing you to use betas, please don't force me to solve your "bugs".

9. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    unwinder THX FOR THIS ADDONS. very cool, remind me of virtu MVP that i used to use just for Quicksync. u made it easier now, so the best mode is D3D11 that only works via windows 8? might be a good reason to get it, since i want so much to use NVIDIA shadowplay or my QS option ,again thank you :D

10. JulioCesarSF

JulioCesarSF Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX 780 Ti
    Ty!:banana::banana:

11. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Wow a moderator acting all high and mighty instead of helping. Why making a thread open if i'm not allowed to post bugs. So you say i'm not allowed to post bugs I thought that's the reason for Betas. LOL

12. Unwinder

I'm a developer of this tool and I'm able to see a difference between software issue and newbie issues. The previous MKV flame that you started in beta 11 thread ended by seeing that your reported "fix it ASAP, nothing works" bug was caused by your own system configuration issues (read it as your own ambitious stupidity). The previous flame you started ended by one ban. The previous flame you started ended by wasting a lot of time into nothing. I don't want to see it happening again and don't need "helpful" bugreports of such user. People like you coming here poison each and every release.

13. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Thanks for calling me a noob. I've been using afterburner for years and now you call me a newbie...lol My problems started since the start of mkv recordings. but can record just not with intel quick sync

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  14. Unwinder

Can you just stop wasting my time please? There are instructions on setting up QuickSync encoder and instructions on verifying that it us configured properly above right in this thread. RTFM and stop flooding here PLEASE!

15. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    lol dude. I just said. followed instructions and it doesn't work

16. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Unwinder the D3D11.1 is working only on 8 and it's best recording mode, right?

17. Unwinder

Only audio in resulting file = encoder is NOT configured and NOT working. Don't tell me that you did read the instructions and followed them, verified it with benchmark and it shows proper encoder configuration but the video is empty. Read it multiple times, I absolutely don't want to waste time on reading hater. Once again, stop flooding here and wait for someone to help you to follow instructions in dedicated thread you have created.

To verify that everything is set up properly just hit the <Benchmark> button. It will try to encode some short video in your current desktop resolution and show you the results. If you system is not configured properly, benchmark won't start.

18. Unwinder

Yes.

19. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    Thank you for your work Unwinder. Your tools are part of the windows platform for me, don't let a few bad eggs get to you :)

20. silencerbob

silencerbob Guest

GPU:
    2x msi 780 twin frozr
    Hi there!

Trying to get this working.

I have 4770k intel cpu and 2x780 msi Twin Frozr cards in my rig running windows 8, bios has been set to d mode for virtumvp.

In msi afterburner 3.0.0 beta14, I go to "video capture" and see "external plugin : not configured" in the list. I click on it and click "configure", wich gives me "disabled" or "qsv.dll:0 - Intel Qucicksync H.264". I choose that and click "Benchmark". It tells me "Intel Quicksync h.264 hardware accelerated via Direct3D11 on adaptor 2, async depth 4. 2560x1440 : 500 frames have been encoded in 3781 ms, 132.2 frames per second."

That's all good..but when I click OK then OK to close the MSI afterburner settings screen it says :
    "Please configure external plugin or choose different video format"
    AVI is selected for video format. Same thing happens for MKV.
    It seems the settings are not "saved" ?

I don't see d3d11.1 if that's is supposed to be somewhere.. and is there a reason it says "external plugin : not configured" when I guess what im doing is configuring it and the benchmark works ?

also.. I connected a second monitor to the mobo dvi port to make the intel hd graphics control panel to open (wont open unless a monitor is plugged into it).. now with both monitors plugged in the benchmark wont work at all for qsv.dll

Any clue what to do next? Does my twin frozr 780 cards need the "lightning" version or no ?

I hope this is the right place to ask this question =)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013