Switzerland's New 'Drive-In Brothel'

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Sep 3, 2013.

1. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
  2. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
  3. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    This is what happens when you lack wars.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I love the signs, priceless.

5. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    it's for the safety of the customers and the workers so it's all sorts of awesome I guess :eek:

6. Da{N}ka

Da{N}ka Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI XFX GTX285 Black Ed.
    You have two choices really:
    A) you spend loads of money in cleaning up, move the prostitutes and the customers in other places where all the problems will just start again.
    B) you use properly the space you have, providing security and protecting both cutomers and prostitutes.
    In Switzerland prostitution, depending on the cantons, it's legal...so why spending more money when with less one can achieve better results?
    Same discussion could be used on light drugs.
    And many other arguments...

7. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    You can´t eradicate prostitution, so make it a better business for profissionals and costumers is the obvious answer. I´m not going to debate if it´s moral to pay for sex to a stranger, or receive it for a living, that´s a whole new story. Unlike drugs (and other things), it satisfies a primal necessity from the human being, though drugs must still be discriminated individually - medical marijuana or recreative light drugs can be aproved and all type of drugs must be examine for it´s positive and negative effects and advantages. This is a sign of a developed country.

Do you have an opinion on the subject or are you just laughing at the sign? This is the third message from you i read today that just says "lmao", it gets boring...

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Do they get benefits and paid holidays. :D

9. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    I'm a fan. good job Switzerland.

10. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    While men use these 'services' women will work in them. I don't agree with prostitution, legal or otherwise.

It's demeaning to women and does nothing to help equality between the sexes.

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ^^ But like drugs/alcohol/cigarets.. you cant totally control them. Best you can do is either legalize, provide alternatives or a safe place to carry out such behavior.

12. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Suppose it depends on how liberal your society is. Can you ever imagine this in the UK?

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    While I tend to agree with you on this topic....as others stated, you can't stop it. Women are going to do it and some men are going to pay for it. It's among the oldest professions in existence. At least Switzerland has realized that it's unstoppable and is trying to at least make things safer.

And think about it.....ALL women get SOMETHING in exchange for sex....it's just a matter of exactly what they're getting....

14. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I'm all for the safety angle but women will still be abused no matter what the safeguards.

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Sadly, you're correct. You're also correct about this not doing anything to promote equality... In a way, it's a big step backwards for equality between sexes. Like I said, I agree with you on this. It is demeaning to women, and not just the ones doing it. It promotes the thought of women as objects (though if you saw how girls/women in the US dress, you'd wonder which is actually doing more harm....the prostitutes, or the parents that let their daughters dress like tramps).

16. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    equality doesn't exist, and will never exist, and it's all over the male ability to pee their name in the snow... GET OVER IT WOMEN!

17. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    ROFL Dude, you are so asking for it. I hope IB doesn't see this thread.

Canada is on the verge of legalizing prostitution. Nearly all the old laws have been struck down by the Supreme Court. I think now that the laws have been struck down, they are working on the logistics of legalizing it.

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'd like to see IB's thoughts on this subject...

Legalization and regulation would be the way to go given the world economy. Just think how much tax money would be saved due to the reduction in prosecutions for prostitution. Keep in mind, I don't agree with prostitution....but I also don't agree with governments telling people what they can and can't do with their own bodies...

19. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    Sex workers are workers like everybody else and sex is an activity like going to the gym. Ain't nothing demeaning or unequal about it. Sex workers deserve protection and decent working conditions. Religion and its fake morals deserve to vanish.

20. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Oh forget you guys with your wishy washy crap

Most of the time we always pay for sex,why not just cut to chase.